SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - One of the Great Mysteries of Our Universe From VOA Learning English, this is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS, in Special English. I'm June Simms. Our program today is about a mystery as old as time. Bob Doughty and Sarah Long tell about th

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(465) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Reflection-christina aguilera look at me you may think you see who i really am but youll never know me every day its as if i play a part now i see if i wear a mask i can fool the world but i cannot fool my heart who is that girl i see staring straigh

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 奥斯卡电影名曲盛典A

ACT II Ah! Miss Stewart! Welcome! 嗨!Stewart小姐!欢迎光临!? How are you? 最近好吗? Fine, Somsak. And you? 很好,Somsak,你呢? Fine, thank you. 很好,谢谢。 This is my

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年NPR美国国家公共电台二月

Everybody loves juice. Its the yummiest thing in the world. I cant think of anything tastier than a cold glass of any kind of juice. I have to have a glass of orange juice every morning. I like to spend a little extra to make sure its 100 per cent ju

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正英语一分钟

Scientists have come up with a revolutionary new use for wood. They have devised a way to make it transparent. This could totally change the way many things in our lives are used and made. See-through wood could one day replace glass and be used in w

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语科技新闻

But glass has a limited ability to be expressive. 但是玻璃的表现力毕竟是有局限的。 This is a section of wall framing a plaza in the pre-Hispanic city of Mitla, in southern Mexico. 这是在墨西哥南部前西班牙城米特拉一个广

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲设计篇

Now, I'm not against glass. It's an ancient and versatile material. 我并不是反对使用玻璃。玻璃毕竟是一种古老且通用性强的材料。 It's easy to manufacture and transport and install and replace and clean. 它们易于大量生产

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲设计篇

And now six years have already gone by...I have never yet told this story. 到现在,一点不错,已经有六年了我还从未讲过这个故事。 The companions who met me on my return were well content to see me alive. 同伴们重新见到了

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 小王子

Customer: Can I have an ashtray, please? Waitress : I'm sorry, sir. This is a non-smoking section. Customer: Where's the smoking section? Waitress : Over there: 禁止吸烟 顾 客:请给我个烟灰缸好吗? 女服务员:抱歉,先生。这里

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(542) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄初级美国英语

这是一首具有雷鬼和电子乐风格的流行歌曲。这首歌表达了一个忧郁的主题,音乐录影带通过一个派对女孩的思维过程,详细说明了酒精中毒的道德败坏。 Party girls don't get hurt,cant feel anythi

发表于:2018-12-14 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 金属

Parallel meridians rudely pecked into the glass, surround these footpads' goblets. 在这些拦路贼也似的酒杯四周,还粗拙地刻有平行的一格一格。 Fill to this mark, and your charge is but a penny; to this a penny more; and so on t

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

The hydrogen atoms cling fiercely to their oxygen host, but also make casual bonds with other water molecules. 氢原子死死地抓住其主子氧原子不放,而且与别的水分子的黏合也很随便。 The nature of a water molecule means th

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

How and when the Earth got its crust are questions that divide geologists into two broad camps, 地球如何有了地壳,何时有了地壳,这两个问题把地质学家分成两大阵营, those who think it happened abruptly early in the Eart

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

Skyscrapers and Environment In the late 1960's,many people in North America turned their attention to environmental problems,and new steel-and-glass skyscrapers were widely criticized.Ecologists pointed out that a cluster of tall buildings in a city

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

I'm not leaving Every time you say to me it's over You just wanna start again, it's just lies The girl who cries wolf every day Ignored by gravity, but in the end, don't ask why You say you wanna, but do you wanna run away? Your great escape, oh yeah

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

A: Doctor, can you give me some suggestions on how to stay healthy? B: Well, first of all, you need to make sure that you eat the right foods. A: What are the best foods to eat? B:You should emphasize fresh fruits and vegetables, along with whole gra

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 健康-Health

I couldn't help it. They were so good! Cindy is a little hungry. She wants to eat some cookies she bought last night, but she finds that all the cookies are gone.... Cindy: John, where are the cookies? Don't tell me you ate them all! Again! John: Yes

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 英语对话对对碰

They'reonsaletoday! 今天特价。 例句: A:Excuseyou,MayIrefillyourglass? 打扰一下,我能给您再倒一杯吗? B:Yes,please. 好的,请倒吧。 A:Howiseverything? 饭菜怎么样? B:It'sdelicious.MayIhavesomemustard,please? 很好吃

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 跟艾米莉一起学口语

M: Stay out of my room. A: You took things from Emily. You broke into Spencer's house. You stole from a blind girl! M: No, I didn't. A: This is from Jenna Marshall's. She makes these. M: I don't care what she makes, I didn't break into that house.

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

文本: H: When you and mom broke up, you told me that even though you were getting a divorce it didn't mean I wasn't always going to be your daughter. And now you're getting a whole new family. You lied to me, so I don't trust you.

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音