Todd: So, Al, you mentioned that you quit smoking. Al: Yes, I did. Todd: Now, I also heard that you quit drinking. Al: I did. Almost, about one week after I quit smoking, I quit drinking. Todd: Wow! No more? No beer? No wine with dinner? Al: No. Todd

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

SCOTT SIMON, HOST: Here's an idea that sounds pretty obvious. Before you spend lots of money on an aid program, wouldn't you want to run a test to make certain the program actually works? If you want to help farmers, should you buy them seeds or just

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

Glass is made chiefly of fine white sand or silica melted in a furnace. To make the sand melt easily, we must mix with it some soda, some chalk or lime, and a small quantity of broken glass. 玻璃主要由细致的白沙或硅石在熔炉中炼成。为

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英国学生科学读本

从早年激情澎湃的长发金属,到如今偶尔的乡村乐以及成熟的流行作品,Bon Jovi的音乐历程如同一本厚厚的人生故事,从歌曲中能感受到他对于音乐的积淀和执着,他们永远是我们的正能量~

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

We have the charmless misanthrope. 我们有毫无魅力愤世嫉俗者。 Then we have our Bud Light guy who's the happy couch potato. 有终日赖在沙发上边看电视边喝百威淡啤的男子。 And then here's a shocker: even America's most

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

A: Hi Ron, please come in! B: Good to see you, Malia. I love your house! A: We are very lucky to be living in this house. B: Have you lived here a long time? A: This was my parents' house, so I grew up here. B: It seems to be perfect for you. A: Come

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 社交英语

unit 248 送别酒会 dialogue 英语情景对话 A:Another glass of beer, will you? A:你再来一杯啤酒,好吗? B:Thanks, I'm enough. B:谢谢,我已喝足了。 A:At least one for your trip. A:为了你的放途愉快,至少得再饮一杯

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(251) / 评论(0) 分类 高频英语口语对话

Traveling salesmen make their living visiting as many customers as possible. So speeding to get from one appointment to the next is not unheard-of. Which is how I got pulled over by a highway patrolman. Don't you ever look at the speedometer? the off

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笑话(MP3+文本)

After eating a dozen chocolate cookies, he drank a glass of nonfat milk. He figured the good milk would offset the bad cookies. He poured himself another glass. Then he changed his mind. He opened the refrigerator to put the glass inside. His wife as

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

The Anglican cathedral in Christchurch was badly damaged in the February 22nd earthquake. Later after-shocks have caused more damage and it is now not a safe building. Today the Bishop announced that the cathedral will be taken down, slowly, to about

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Here you go, ladies. Enjoy the extra tips from your credit cards, 拿去吧,姑娘们。享受从刷卡的客人身上捞来额外小费吧, because when Han flips that switch, 因为阿憨一旦按下那个改朝换代的按钮 the only tip I ca

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 打工姐妹花第二季

Francoise Roels is the only woman among 12 board members at Cofinimmo. But that's about to change. The top brass of the leading listed real-estate investor in Belgium will soon have a completely different set-up. Last year Belgium introduced gender q

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

You shout it out But I can't hear a word you say I'm talking loud not saying much I'm criticized but all your bullets ricochet You shoot me down but I get up I'm bulletproof nothing to lose Fire away fire away Ricochet you take your aim Fire away fir

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

A 16m-high glass church in the shape of a high-heeled shoe has been built in Taiwan, apparently in a bid to attract more women. 台湾建了一座高16米的水晶高跟鞋教堂,以吸引女性游客。 A huge glass... what? 巨型水晶啥? Yes

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Searching the Internet can be a totally exhausting experience, as you bounce(反弹) from one site to another to another, sometimes until you cant remember what you were looking for in the first place. But according to scientists at U.C.L.A., all th

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 六分钟英语

这首歌很适合在安静的夜晚细细聆听。雨声、雷声、钢琴声,提琴声,加上低吟的女声,潺潺的流水声,构成了一幅最美的画卷。 原名为Suzie Ungerleider 的Oh Susanna 是一位在加拿大长大的美国女子。音乐风格游走在民谣、乡村音乐之间。这首充满诗情画意的歌曲收录于她在2

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

Beginners. During the summer, my family and I took a trip to a beautiful and fascinating place. It was a zoo and an aquarium at a place called Point Defiance, near Seattle. A friend of mine had been there, and told me that it was worth a trip. We wer

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

A glass pane at Tower Bridge's new transparent walkway 140ft above the River Thames, has smashed after a visitor dropped a bottle of beer. 英国泰晤士河上的高约140英尺(约43米)的伦敦塔桥,2周之前开放了新景点--玻璃人行

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(327) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

【生词预览】 can桶,haul运送,trash垃圾 【笑话原文】 The Garbage Can Is the Garbage Ive been hauling trash for years, so when the sign Garbage appeared on trash can, I replaced it with my own note, After 20 years on the job, I know

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笑话(MP3+文本)

If you live in Wellington, go to Frank Kitts Park on the waterfront to see the Kiwi bach called First Light. It will be there from today until May 24th. Four Victoria University architecture students designed this small house like a Kiwi bach for a c

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语