I'm not leaving Every time you say to me it's over You just wanna start again, it's just lies The girl who cries wolf every day Ignored by gravity, but in the end, don't ask why You say you wanna, but do you wanna run away? Your great escape, oh yeah

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

Do you still remember,how we used to be Feeling together,believe in whatever My love has said to me Both of us were dreamers Young love in the sun Felt like my savior,my spirit i gave yo We'd only jus

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 奥斯卡电影名曲盛典B

Smartphone App Gives 'Sight' to the Blind 智能手机手机应用程序能给盲人光明 A new computer program is being praised as a life-changer for blind people. The new program is known as the KNFB Reader app. It can help users listen to an aud

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(九)月

A: Hello, I'm John Smith in unit 23. Am I speaking to the apartment manager? B: This is he. How may I help you? A: My window that faces the empty lot is broken. B: I'm sorry to hear that. Why is it broken? A: I can't tell you exactly how it happened.

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语对话-租房

Then again, who's to say that certain types of irrational thinking aren't exactly what the world needs? 话说回来,谁能说我们这个世界不正是需要某些类型的非理性思维吗? Maybe you've had grand plans before, but stopped you

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

We learned from your advertisement in Globe Boston that you are an exporter of glass art works and we are taking the liberty to ask you to send us some samples of the advertised products. Our firm is an company engaged in import/export of arts and cr

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 天天商务口语

Boss Quotes 老板的话 We are going to continue having these meetings, everyday, until I find out why no work is getting done. 这样的会议我们要每天开,一直开下去,直到我弄清楚为什么工作没有完成。 I didn't say it wa

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小达人

Chapter 9 The Trumpet 第九章 小号 As the cob flew toward Billings on his powerful white wings, 在雄天鹅拍打着他那双有力的白翅膀往比林斯飞的路上, all sorts of troublesome thoughts whirled in his head. 各种各样的烦恼

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 吹小号的天鹅

The flower coughed. 花儿咳嗽了一阵。 But it was not because she had a cold. 但并不是由于感冒。 I have been silly, she said to him, at last. I ask your forgiveness. Try to be happy... 她终于对他说道:我方才真蠢。请你原谅

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 小王子

Waitress: Hi, welcome to our restaurant. Customer: Thank you very much. Waitress: How many people are there? Customer: Just the one. Waitress: Just one person, ok. Smoking or non-smoking? Customer: Non-smoking please. Waitress: Come along and have a

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

听歌学英语:Hush little Baby (安静 宝贝) 大家好,今天我们一起来学习的歌曲是 Hush, little Baby 安静,宝贝。 歌词: Hush, little baby, don't say a word. Papa's gonna buy you a mockingbird And if that mockingbird won't si

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

Is this the most terrifying job in theworld? Brave workers batter the floor of a glass bridge with hammers and a CARas they test how strong it is 这是世界上最可怕的工作吗?勇敢的工人用锤子砸和车碾来测试玻璃桥的强度 B

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

I see the daylight outside my window Dust covered glass blocks my skin from the wind that blows The sheets move like ghosts do pinned to the clothesline More than a few are concerned about you They all shake their heads and say it's such a shame But

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

The frame and glass of a fine print are to be cleaned; 画框和玻璃肯定要清洗擦拭干净的, the spirit and oil used on this occasion are suffered to leak through and deface the engravingno matter. 在这一场合所用的酒精和擦拭油必

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第六册

You're no good, I know That's what I've been told You're not smart, not nimble You can't tell a joke You get lost when you drive home More than once in a while You can't understand a movie If you watch it on your own But baby,When you're close to me

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 The Voice 美国好声音

1. President Bush spent his final Veterans Day while in office, aboard a World War II aircraft carrier. He stood in the shadow of the USS Intrepid and met two veterans there. He'll miss being commander in chief of such a fabulous group. 2. Meanwhile

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2008年(十一)月

Google Capital, one of Alphabet's two venture capital arms, quietly added Snapchat to its list of investments as part of a brand refresh and website redesign on Friday. 上周五,谷歌资本(谷歌母公司Alphabet旗下的两大风投机构之一

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Waiter: A table for one, Madame? Jean: No, erm, for two. I'm expecting someone. Waiter: Of course. Here we are. Jean: Thanks. Waiter: Excuse me. Something to drink in the meantime, Madame? Jean: Yes, oh, sorry. Yes. I'll have a glass of water, please

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

今天我们要学的词是ceiling。Ceiling, 是房间天花板的意思,可以引伸为上限。美国现行联邦债务上限是14.3万亿美元。 Some Republican lawmakers are opposed to raising the debt ceiling without tackling government spe

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

Once upon a time a psychology professor walked around on a stage while teaching stress management principles to an auditorium filled with students. 曾经,有一位心理学教授在讲台上来回走着,向满席的学生传授压力管理原则。

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间