VOICE ONE: Im Barbara Klein. VOICE TWO: Tim Tate at the Washington Glass Studio And Im Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. At the Smithsonian American Art Museum, you can see a large heart-shaped sculpture made of blown glass. The

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(十)月

Todd: So, Al, we're going to talk about water. How much water do you drink every day? Al: I guess about three liters, so six of those 500 millileter, five or six of those 500 millileter bottles. Todd: Yeah, that's a lot. That's about what I drink. Ye

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

在政治、经济陷入危局或混乱时,女性比男性更有可能出任领导。而这种时刻,恰恰是最可能失败的时刻。研究显示,这种情况不仅出现在政治领域,在企业中也很常见。这就是玻璃悬崖。

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

We learned from your advertisement in Globe Boston that you are an exporter of glass art works and we are taking the liberty to ask you to send us some samples of the advertised products. Our firm is an company engaged in import/export of arts and cr

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 天天商务口语

VII Were ready, your honour! shouted Alyoshka from the front sledge. The storm was so violent that, though I bent almost in two and clutched the skirts of my cloak with both hands, I was hardly able to walk over the drifting snow which the wind swept

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(495) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇小说

I MET HER NEAR the end of September. It had been raining that day from morning to nightthe kind of soft, monotonous, misty rain that often falls at that time of year, washing away bit by bit the memories of summer burned into the earth. Coursing down

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇小说

This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. I'm Steve Ember. This week our program is about a mystery as old as time. Bob Doughty and Sarah Long tell about the mystery of time. If you can read a clock, you can know the time of day. But no one

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

One day, a poor boy who was trying to pay his way through school by selling goods door to door found that he only had one dime left. He was hungry so he decided to beg for a meal at the next house.一天,一个贫穷的小男孩为了攒够学费

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

饶舌:Brokencyde - So Hard 2 Take 相关介绍 :你听过Crunk加 Screamo的么?强力推荐,强烈的hipa节奏+上scream.强的没话说,第2首Bree!听着像猪叫...哈哈fans别骂我,太喜欢这种个性的音乐了 歌词 : Song :So Ha

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 节奏布鲁斯

Books and Arts; Opera review; Einstein on the beach; 文艺;歌剧评论;沙滩上的爱因斯坦; Breaking the waves; An avant-garde opera on a rare world tour. 乘风破浪;一部先锋歌剧正在进行世界巡演,机会难得。 THE mu

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

今年3月22日是第20个世界水日,联合国确定2012年世界水日的主题是水与粮食安全。缓解水资源危机,从节约粮食、优化膳食结构开始。 On the planet today There are over 7 BILLION people, 在今天的地球上

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英语万花筒

Want to drink more water to benefit your health? Try these tips for identifying nine times that your body needs drinking water most. 想多喝水强身健体?试试这些小妙招,告诉你这9个时刻你最需要喝水。 世界水日:9个时刻

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

The bridge will be suspended across Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon in scenic Zhangjiajie National Park in central China's Hunan Province. When completed, project engineers say the bridge will be 300 meters above ground and 430 meters in length. The bridge

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

拜访朋友、在家待客都是周末的好休闲。学几句地道的招待客人的英文表达,让你的朋友surprise一下! 1. You can come over and Ill buzz you in. 你可以过来了, 我会帮你开门. 帮你开门这个动作许多人不

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Tu: So, I heard that Iran is very famous for it's coffee? Amir: Well, not coffee actually, the tea. Tu: The tea? What is special about it? Amir: Well, we love tea. We have to drink tea. Some of the people, if they don't drink two or three glasses of

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Have you ever opened up your lunch to find a love note from your mom tucked inside? Does your husband send you random text messages during the day just to say he loves you? If so, you know how good they make you feel. Special. Cared for. Loved. But l

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

a bag of flour 一袋面粉 a barrel of beer 一桶啤酒 a basin of water 一盆水 a basket of eggs 一篮子鸡蛋 a bottle of milk 一瓶牛奶 a bowl of rice 一碗米饭 a box of matches 一盒火柴 a bucket of milk 一桶牛奶 a can of beer 一

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

一项新研究表明,用蓝色杯子或玻璃杯喝咖啡会降低咖啡的苦味,不用加糖就会感觉更甜。 实验表明,相比玻璃杯,用白色杯子喝咖啡会感觉味道更浓;而相比有颜色的杯子,用白色杯子喝咖

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

unit 390 聚会祝酒 dialogue 英语情景对话 A:Now everybody, please be seated. First of all, I'd ask you to raise your glass and join me in a toast to the health of all our friends here as well as our everlasting friendship. Cheers! A:现在,大

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(202) / 评论(0) 分类 高频英语口语对话

Alack, what poverty my Muse brings forth, 唉,我的诗神本可趁机纵横诗坛, That having such a scope to show her pride, 却谁知到头只写出平庸的诗篇, The argument all bare is of more worth 它的题材本身就价值无比,

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(589) / 评论(0) 分类 莎士比亚十四行诗全集