时间:2019-02-24 作者:英语课 分类:莎士比亚十四行诗全集


英语课

   Alack, what poverty my Muse 1 brings forth 2, 唉,我的诗神本可趁机纵横诗坛,


  That having such a scope to show her pride, 却谁知到头只写出平庸的诗篇,
  The argument all bare is of more worth 它的题材本身就价值无比,
  Than when it hath my added praise beside! 有了我的颂词却贬值不如从前。
  O, blame me not, if I no more can write! 啊,如我不复写作请别责难我,
  Look in your glass, and there appears a face That over-goes my blunt invention quite, 照照镜子吧,镜中有一张脸蛋远远超过我钝拙的涂鸦之作,
  Dulling my lines and doing me disgrace. 狼藉了我的声名使我诗趣大减。
  Were it not sinful then, striving to mend, 好端端的题材反失于修修补补,
  To mar 3 the subject that before was well? 我茫然:自己是否已成了罪犯?
  For to no other pass my verses tend 我的诗之为诗只为要颂扬你,
  Than of your graces and your gifts to tell; 颂扬你阔大的美德与才干。
  And more, much more, than in my verse can sit 你有镜子,照照你自己的镜子吧,
  Your own glass shows you when you look in it. 我的歪诗所写远不如你镜中所见。

n.缪斯(希腊神话中的女神),创作灵感
  • His muse had deserted him,and he could no longer write.他已无灵感,不能再写作了。
  • Many of the papers muse on the fate of the President.很多报纸都在揣测总统的命运。
adv.向前;向外,往外
  • The wind moved the trees gently back and forth.风吹得树轻轻地来回摇晃。
  • He gave forth a series of works in rapid succession.他很快连续发表了一系列的作品。
vt.破坏,毁坏,弄糟
  • It was not the custom for elderly people to mar the picnics with their presence.大人们照例不参加这样的野餐以免扫兴。
  • Such a marriage might mar your career.这样的婚姻说不定会毁了你的一生。
标签: