莎士比亚十四行诗全集:第16篇
时间:2019-02-24 作者:英语课 分类:莎士比亚十四行诗全集
英语课
But wherefore do not you a mightier 1 way Make war upon this bloody 2 tyrant 3 Time? 但为什么你不用更有效的方法去反抗这嗜血的时间魔王,
And fortify 4 yourself in your decay 或用更幸福的手段来抵抗衰朽,
With means more blessed than my barren rhyme? 却反借重我这不育的诗行?
Now stand you on the top of happy hours, 如今你置身于桃花运的顶峰之上,
And many maiden 5 gardens, yet unset, With virtuous 6 wish would bear you living flowers, 有许多处女园等待你栽插红芳,殷切地盼望着你植下活花朵朵,
Much liker than your painted counterfeit 7. 花儿比你的画像更显出你的真相。
So should the lines of life that life repair, 所以生命只能靠生命线维系,
Which this time's pencil, or my pupil pen, 不论是我的涂鸦还是当代的画匠
Neither in inward worth nor outward fair 都不能使你活现在人们心房,
Can make you live yourself in eyes of men. 让你内在和外在的美色昭彰。
To give away yourself keeps yourself still, 故弃你自己将反使你自己长在,
And you must live, drawn 8 by your own sweet skill. 想生存就得靠把传宗妙技发扬。
adj.非常的的;流血的;残忍的;adv.很;vt.血染
- He got a bloody nose in the fight.他在打斗中被打得鼻子流血。
- He is a bloody fool.他是一个十足的笨蛋。
n.暴君,专制的君主,残暴的人
- The country was ruled by a despotic tyrant.该国处在一个专制暴君的统治之下。
- The tyrant was deaf to the entreaties of the slaves.暴君听不到奴隶们的哀鸣。
v.强化防御,为…设防;加强,强化
- This country will fortify the coastal areas.该国将加强沿海地区的防御。
- This treaty forbade the United States to fortify the canal.此条约禁止美国对运河设防。
n.少女,处女;adj.未婚的,纯洁的,无经验的
- The prince fell in love with a fair young maiden.王子爱上了一位年轻美丽的少女。
- The aircraft makes its maiden flight tomorrow.这架飞机明天首航。
adj.有品德的,善良的,贞洁的,有效力的
- She was such a virtuous woman that everybody respected her.她是个有道德的女性,人人都尊敬她。
- My uncle is always proud of having a virtuous wife.叔叔一直为娶到一位贤德的妻子而骄傲。
vt.伪造,仿造;adj.伪造的,假冒的
- It is a crime to counterfeit money.伪造货币是犯罪行为。
- The painting looked old but was a recent counterfeit.这幅画看上去年代久远,实际是最近的一幅赝品。
标签: