莎士比亚十四行诗全集:第44篇
时间:2019-02-24 作者:英语课 分类:莎士比亚十四行诗全集
英语课
If the dull substance of my flesh were thought, 假如我这笨重的肉体如轻灵的思想,
Injurious distance should not stop my way; 那么山重水复也挡不住我振翅高翔,
For then despite of space I would be brought, 我将视天涯海角如咫尺之隔,
From limits far remote where thou dost stay. 不远鸿途万里,孤飞到你身旁。
No matter then although my foot did stand 此刻我的双足所立的处所
Upon the farthest earth removed from thee; 虽与你远隔千山又有何妨,
For nimble thought can jump both sea and land As soon as think the place where he would be. 只要一想到你栖身的地方,这电疾般的思想便会穿洲过洋。
But ah! thought kills me that I am not thought, 然而可叹我并非是空灵的思绪
To leap large lengths of miles when thou art gone, 能腾跃追逮你的行踪跨岭飞江,
But that so much of earth and water wrought 1 我只是泥土和水铸成的凡胎肉体,
I must attend time's leisure with my moan, 惟有用浩叹侍奉蹉跎的时光。
Receiving nought 2 by elements so slow 唉,无论土和水于我都毫无补益,
But heavy tears, badges of either's woe 3. 它们只标志着哀愁令我泪飞如雨。
v.引起;以…原料制作;运转;adj.制造的
- Events in Paris wrought a change in British opinion towards France and Germany.巴黎发生的事件改变了英国对法国和德国的看法。
- It's a walking stick with a gold head wrought in the form of a flower.那是一个金质花形包头的拐杖。
n./adj.无,零
- We must bring their schemes to nought.我们必须使他们的阴谋彻底破产。
- One minus one leaves nought.一减一等于零。
标签: