莎士比亚十四行诗全集:第27篇
时间:2019-02-24 作者:英语课 分类:莎士比亚十四行诗全集
英语课
Weary with toil 1, I haste me to my bed, 心倦神疲,我急欲上床休息,
The dear repose 2 for limbs with travel tired; 好安顿旅途倦乏的肢体。
But then begins a journey in my head, 然而身体的远足劳作刚停,
To work my mind, when body's work's expired: 心灵上却开始了新的长征。
For then my thoughts, from far where I abide 3, 我虽远处他乡,但我的思想
Intend a zealous 4 pilgrimage to thee, 却朝圣般奔赴向您的身旁。
And keep my drooping 5 eyelids 6 open wide, 我强睁大睡意朦胧的双眼,
Looking on darkness which the blind do see 把盲人也看得见的黑暗凝望。
Save that my soul's imaginary sight 我借助灵魂的想象的目光
Presents thy shadow to my sightless view, 已窥见您在黑暗中的形象,
Which, like a jewel hung in ghastly night, 宛如恐怖之夜高悬的明珠,
Makes black night beauteous and her old face new. 令黑夜老脸变新,一片辉煌。
Lo! thus, by day my limbs, by night my mind, 瞧吧,我白昼的身子,黑夜的心,
For thee and for myself no quiet find. 为您,为我,全都无法安宁。
vi.辛劳工作,艰难地行动;n.苦工,难事
- The wealth comes from the toil of the masses.财富来自大众的辛勤劳动。
- Every single grain is the result of toil.每一粒粮食都来之不易。
v.(使)休息;n.安息
- Don't disturb her repose.不要打扰她休息。
- Her mouth seemed always to be smiling,even in repose.她的嘴角似乎总是挂着微笑,即使在睡眠时也是这样。
vi.遵守;坚持;vt.忍受
- You must abide by the results of your mistakes.你必须承担你的错误所造成的后果。
- If you join the club,you have to abide by its rules.如果你参加俱乐部,你就得遵守它的规章。
adj.狂热的,热心的
- She made zealous efforts to clean up the classroom.她非常热心地努力清扫教室。
- She is a zealous supporter of our cause.她是我们事业的热心支持者。
标签: