INTRODUCTION TO ACT I Today on TUNING IN THE U.S.A., were in the Stewarts garage with Robbie. Hes putting trash into metal trash cans. A neighbor, Mrs. Goldberg, tells Robbie to be quieter. Then Richard appears, and he helps Robbie with the trash can

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(128) / 评论(0) 分类 欢乐美语

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 一口气英语

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - Mystery of Time By Marilyn Christiano Broadcast: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 (THEME) ANNCR: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS, in VOA Special English. I'm Steve Ember. This week our prog

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

Skyscrapers look like their name: They are buildings so high; it appears like they are scraping, or touching the sky. With better technology, architects people who design buildings engineers and builders have been able to build buildings higher and h

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(四)月

桌上放着半杯水,有的人是哀叹只剩半杯水,有的人则是庆幸还有半杯水。这就是悲观主义的乐观主义的区别。 Rob: Hello and welcome to 6 Minute English, I'm Rob and with me is Finn. Finn: Hello Rob. Rob: You sou

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 一起听英语

一款可以包含手机所有功能的眼镜,你是否想拥有? Finn: Hello and welcome to 6 Minute English, I'm Finn and with me is Neil. Neil: Hello. Finn: And, we have a technology theme today Neil, you carry a smartphone, don't you? Neil: Y

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 一起听英语

The closing bell rang moments ago and it couldn't have come too soon for many investors after this crazy week on Wall Street. It was another roller-coaster session for the market. Stocks actually edged into the plus column briefly, but by the end it

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2007年

If you are afraid of heights you may want to give this aerial walkway in China a miss. A daring glass skywalk has opened to the public, located high above the ground on the 76th floor of the Yunding Building in Liuzhou city. Situated at the periphery

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Los Angeles has a great many attractions it is known for: the Hollywood sign, the TCL Chinese Theatres, the stars along Hollywood Blvd, just to name a few and thats not even touching on the many great art and history museums in the city (or, for that

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

水吧酒吧英语单词 bar 酒吧 counter 吧台 bar chair 酒吧椅 barman 酒吧男招待 barmaid 酒吧女招待 bottle opener 开瓶刀 corkscrew 酒钻 ice shaver 削冰器 ice maker 制冰机 ice bucket 小冰桶 ice tongs 冰勺夹 ice scoop 冰勺 cocktail shaker 调酒器 pouring meas

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

Once upon a time a psychology professor walked around on a stage while teaching stress managementprinciples to an auditorium filled with students. 曾经,有一位心理学教授在讲台上来回走着,向满席的学生传授压力管理原则。

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

饶舌:Roll Deep - Green Light 相关介绍 :Roll Deep是一个来自伦敦的乐队,他们从未签约过唱片公司,一直是独立出碟。 这个组合的八位成员大都是出身地下音乐的MC说唱歌手,好几位还是出身牙买加

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 节奏布鲁斯

Single Girls - Laura Jansen I think you'd like my new hair I cut it when you weren't there And pieces of us everywhere were falling down My bed is now a girl's bed Pink flowers under my head and pillows on your side instead of you 'Cause that's what

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

今天要讲的习惯用语由floor或者ceiling组成。Floor是地板,而ceiling解释为 天花板。好,让我们由下而上来学吧。一栋房子的底层常常叫作the ground floor。在生意场上你很可能会听到这样的说法:

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(136) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

所要样品预示着双方可能展开合作。下面这篇英文样品所要范文言简意赅,起到了异地高效沟通的效果。 We learned from your advertisement in Globe Boston that you are an exporter of glass art works and we are takin

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Drinky the robot can drink you under the table, but you'll never have to worry about him getting out of control. 这个名叫drinky的小机器人能把你灌醉,不过你完全不用担心他会喝醉酒失去控制。 The automated drinking buddy

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway 4 The taxi went up the hill, passed the lighted square, then on into the dark, still climbing, then levelled out onto a dark street behind St. Etienne du Mont, went smoothly down the asphalt, passed the trees an

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

Glass ceiling(玻璃屋顶)一词讲的是女性在职场遇到的发展瓶颈,到了一定职位就很难再上升了。而这里谈到的glass cliff与glass ceiling有着千丝万缕的联系。 A glass cliff is a term coined by Prof Michelle

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 求职英语

In July 2011, a decade after the first ones opened, there were 326 Apple stores. 2011年,第一批苹果零售店开业10年之后,全世界已经有317家苹果零售店。 The biggest was in London's Covent Garden, the tallest in Tokyo's Ginza.

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

Only just got out of that in time. 千钧一发之际 我逃了出来 Got the matter of fact to the water under some little wind, 事实上 当水面的风很小时 those literally just like a pane of glass. 简直更像是块玻璃 What I mean you c

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 荒野求生