Delaying Making a Decision Thomas: Youve hemmed and hawed for weeks. Its time to make a decision. Eugenia: I know, but I need to sleep on it. This is a very big decision. Thomas: Youve dragged your feet for far too long. Are you having second thought

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年ESL之日常生活

The Alden children slept until almost nine oclock the next morning. When they got up, the house was quiet. I wonder where Grandfather and Ken are, Benny said. Maybe theyre downstairs, Henry said. So the children headed downstairs. They heard a voice

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 101 The Clue in the Corn Maze

The next morning, the children had a plan. After breakfast they got on their bikes and pedaled to Tos Tacos. There they bought six bottles of Doo-Dah Tea: three mint-flavored and three raspberry-flavored. When they reached the recycling center, they

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 126 The Clue in the Recycling

Jessie and Violet, who were still thinning and weeding plants, saw a young woman ride her bike almost right up to them. Hi, she said as she locked her bike to the chain link fence that surrounded plot number three. Im Taylor Harris. Jessie stood up a

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 130 The Garden Thief

The snow kept coming down, quietly, ghostlike, covering the land deeper and deeper. It seemed as if it would go on forever. It was the first snowfall of the year. Billy looked through the kitchen window. He felt like diving into the snow and burying

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 听美国故事练听力

Nails In The Fence There once was a little boy who had a bad temper. His father gave him a bag of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper, he must hammer a nail into the back of the fence. The first day the boy had driven 37 nails into

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 早读英语精华本基础篇

ENGLISH MARATHON Host: Jeffery Struggle On the fence In a dilemma Practical Sentence eg: I am struggling with which tie to wear tomorrow. Struggle ? eg: He is on the fence. On the fence ? In a dilemma eg: It seems she was in such a dilemma.

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语轻松学

嘉宾:Debbie Mason 话题:英国社会观察---女性创业者的酸甜苦辣Businesswomen 单词拼写: 1、Castigate:condemn 2、Profit:利润 3、Prejudice:偏见 重点俚语: 1、(Entrepreneurial) comfort zone:a place where you

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 聆听悦耳英音

CHAPTER 5 An Old Flintlock Gun The Aldens found a fine motel. The man said he would take Watch if they tied him up. Watch did not like this at all, but he lay down by the beds. After breakfast on Sunday morning, Henry said, The men wont be working Su

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 7 小木屋之谜 The Woodshed Mystery

2016欧洲难民危机将继续存在 Migrants had been pouring into Europe for months,but these images of a drowned Syrian boy on a Turkish beach in September shocked the world and drew Western sympathy for those fleeing a worsening conflict in Syri

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(二月)

676. Where can we make the insurance claim? 我们可以在哪里提出保险赔偿?这个无法 与那个比较。 677. Why don't I pick you up at your house? 为什么不让我去接你呢? 678. Why don't you attend an aerobic class? 你为什么不去

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(130) / 评论(0) 分类 常用英语口语999句

【美国梦】 what is American dream? An idea that suggests that anyone in the US can succeed through hard work and has the potential to lead a happy, successful life. 任何一个在美国的人都能够通过努力工作取得成功并且过上幸福

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说

A farmer had some puppies he needed to sell. He painted a sign advertising the pups and set about nailing it to a post on the edge of his yard. As he was driving the last nail into the post, he felt a tug on his overalls. He looked down into the eyes

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 英文励志文摘精选

Wilson hated his job. His boss was a mean man. He didn't even get paid well. Wilson wanted to just give up and quit. However, he had to take care of his two kids. I want to give them a better life, he always said. Finally, Wilson decided to start cha

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第4级听力-English Level 4

BEIJING, June 16 (Xinhuanet) Jennifer Lopez said that shes uncertain whether she will return to the American Idol judging panel next season, media reported Thursday. Lopez signed a one-year deal with the show and is happy that there is no rush for he

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

This year's Silk Road International Film Festival has come to the end in Fuzhou. More than 100 films from nearly 70 countries and regions have been screened since last Tuesday. Many participants are seeing the festival as a new channel to tap into Ch

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2017CRI中国国际广播电台

5. I quite enjoy practising shadow boxing. 我非常喜欢练习太极拳。 还能这样说: Shadow boxing is my favorite. I like shadow boxing. 应用解析: the shadows of old age 老态; the shadow of a name 虚名; live in the shadow 隐姓

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

1. She is no enemy to mountain climbing. 她喜欢登山。 还能这样说: She is fond of climbing. She prefer climbing. 应用解析: an enemy worthy of sb.'s steel 值得某人与之交锋的劲敌,强敌; be an enemy to 厌恶;仇视;

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

Thailand is so different from where I used to live in America. First of all, in my neighborhood there are many stray dogs, dogs with no home. During the day, they lay around and sleep and at night they fight and make a lot of noise barking and howlin

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

概念先行 so可用作副词和连词:作连词,可译作所以;那么;作副词,可译作这样地;像一样;(也)正是那样。 So作为连词的使用 作连词时,意为因此,所以 引导 目的或结果状语从句。如

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台