The children lay awake in their bunks. One hour passed. And another. But sleep would not come. Henrys back was sore from digging the fence posts. His face and arms stung from the locust branch scratches. Violet thought about the woman whose horse, Bu

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 114 A Horse Named Dragon

Henry raced Lightning across the ranch. He rode and rode until he saw the huge branch that had crushed the wire fence. Whoa, boy, he said, pulling back on the reins. Henry climbed down and tied Lightning to a tree, then went to take a look. The heavy

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 114 A Horse Named Dragon

Mr. Carter spoke, I think your grandfather will be glad to help. I can go to Greenfield and tell him the whole story. He looked at his watch and got up quickly. Good-by, children, and the best of luck. In one minute he was gone. Benny said, Mystery m

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 4 神秘农场 Mystery Ranch

By Paul Sisco Washington, DC 29 September 2006 watch Border Security Tech An immigrant captured after illegally crossing the U.S. border with Mexico It's a new approach to the crackdown. With border security and illegal immigration a major concern i

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(九月)

Researchers: Bees Help Kenyan Farmers Fend Off Elephants 蜜蜂助肯尼亚农民驱赶象群 VOI, KENYA African elephants are the largest land animals on Earth, weighing as much as six tons, and measuring up to 7.5 meters long. But despite their siz

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(四月)

Donny 在北京学汉语, 他的中国朋友要是遇到了不知道用美语怎么说的词,就会来请教他。今天是吴琼要问的:纠结。 Donny: Hey 吴琼, congratulations! I heard you got a job offer. 吴琼: 没错,我昨天刚接

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 美语怎么说

-So,a pretty substantial herd of elephant...just a few feet away.And this is the fence...to protect us in our camp.Isn't that fantastic?But the real business of the wilderness experience doesn't start until the morning.And before that is the noises o

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2012年

Script: Todd Benjamin is with me, you have been banging on about credit risk for as long as I can remember in the housing market. So Todd, is this serious? Well, I think its serious in the short term. Right now, basically, you cant get credit. You a

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2007年

Mark heard a noise. What was the noise? It was a steady noise. It wasn't a loud noise. It was a steady, quiet noise. He opened his apartment door. He looked outside. A painter was next door. A painter was spray painting a fence. He was spray painting

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

Danny's fence needed painting. He wanted to paint it white. He looked in the phone book. He looked under P for Painters. He called up a painter. How much to paint my fence? he asked. How big is your fence? the painter asked. It goes all the way aroun

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

By Marissa Melton Washington 19 January 2007 As the new U.S. Congress prepares to debate immigration reform and border security, a bipartisan task force has released a report outlining suggestions to simplify and strengthen U.S. immigration policy.

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(一月)

Super squirrel in New Orlands has earned some serious street creds, still jumping after taking a bullet. A wildlife photographer came across this in her own backyard. A squirrel with a 22-caliber bullet sticking out of its arm, it is now become known

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2013年

Vancouver Winter Games officials have made some major changes to the viewing area by the Olympic cauldron that sits on a downtown waterfront plaza. The changes came after a huge public outcry. An unsightly tall, chain-link fence some 50 meters from t

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)

There was a small boy living on a farm, he needed to get up before sunrise every morning to start his chores and out again later to do the evening ones. 有一个小男孩生活在一个农场里,每天天不亮就要起床开始做琐碎的家务。然后,晚些时候再出来做那些晚上

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 白领英语晨读

It's the final day of campaigning in the percy to cunning, after a remarkable turnaround in political fortune in this week. For the first time in 16 months, an opinion poll has put the government ahead of Labor on the two-party preferred basis. Voter

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2015年

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 奥运英语

By Delia Robertson Johannesburg 20 December 2007 In his first address as newly elected African National Congress party president, Jacob Zuma sought to build fences and reassure South Africa on economic policy. But as VOA's Delia Robertson reports fro

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2007年(十二月)

By Steve Mort Laredo, Texas 03 March 2008 A plan to build a fence along the U.S. - Mexico border has been one of the hottest controversies in Texas for some time. U.S. President George Bush signed a bill in 2006 authorizing the construction of more t

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(三月)

Sorry,there is not text temporarily, Please help tingroom to look for it! 如果您能找到更好的听力原文,请发贴到 听力原文收集区 ,您将会获得 10 到 30 积分的奖励 ! Thank you !

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 鲁宾孙漂游记

Sorry,there is not text temporarily, Please help tingroom to look for it! 如果您能找到更好的听力原文,请发贴到 听力原文收集区 ,您将会获得 10 到 30 积分的奖励 ! Thank you !

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 鲁宾孙漂游记