I shrug my shoulders when people tell me that their first impressions of a person are always right. I wonder if they are more often right than wrong. For my own part I find that the longer I know people the more they puzzle me. 2 These reflections ha

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 《学会英语发音》初阶英语拼读系列 第六册

And who better to learn from than dear old dad? 谈到学习对象,还有谁会比亲爱的老爸更好呢? Steve first became interested in investing when he was about eight years old and he found out that you could put money in a bank and it wo

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 华尔街的赚钱经

Hi, this is Alexis at the Parents League. I'm just calling to follow up on the uniform guidelines we sent over . .. The blond woman volunteering behind the reception desk holds up a bejeweled finger, signaling me to wait while she continues on the ph

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 保姆日记

[00:15.17]Four Chaps in the Library [00:22.59]图书馆的四个家伙 [00:36.00]In the process of recalling my college days, [00:39.26]I am reminded of that momentous occasion [00:42.10]during my first year at St Montague's, [00:45.97]when, by some irksome

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语灵异故事

晋升: 晋升是promote。Promote是动词,其名词形式常与get构成词组出现。 She just got a promotion. 她刚刚晋升。 美国人这样说英语 跟笑有关的语句: I couldn't stop laughing. 我笑得停不下来。 We both la

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 美国人这样说英语

Laughter is the best medicine. 笑是良药! straight face Straight 的意思是直的。直线是 straight line. 曲线是 curved line.人在笑得时候,脸上会有很多 curved line(曲线);相反,人不笑得时候,脸很僵硬,所以

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 美国人这样说英语

On Tuesday, the third day of the cruise, Jessie and Violet were awakened by Grandfather. Were sailing into St. Thomas, he called. Come and see. Benny and Henry are already on deck. It wasnt long before the five Aldens, hands resting on the rail, view

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 29 The Mystery Cruise

笑有助于消化,笑能减轻压力,笑,是长寿的秘方。 No living creature can laugh except man. Trees may bleed when they are wounded, and beasts in the field will cry in pain and hunger, yet only I have the gift of laughter and it is

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

通常情况下,做好翻译不仅得忠于原文和作者意图,而且得做到准确,让人容易理解.但是总有那么些翻译,让人哭笑不得.他们被称为神翻译下面就让大家为盘点一下中国饭馆的那些神翻译. If Miche

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口译

Then a doctor walked around the corner, and my mouth fell open. 这时拐角来了一个大夫,我不由自主地张开了嘴。 He was young, he was blond and he was handsomer than any movie star I'd ever seen. 大夫很年轻,一头金发比我见

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

Hey, Eric, I called. 嘿,埃里克,我招呼道。 Hi, Bella. 嗨,贝拉。 What's up? I said as I was unlocking the door. 什么事儿?我边开门边问。 I wasn't paying attention to the uncomfortable edge in his voice, so his next words

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

让我们再回到你刚刚说过的、基里不在教皇主教使节版图中央的话题上来吧, 她说着,往椅子里角坐了坐,你认为有什么能把那位神父先生好好震撼一下,使 基里成为他的生活的转折点呢?

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 荆棘鸟

chiromancy n.手相术 chirp v.(鸟或虫)唧唧叫 chivalrous adj.武士精神的,侠义的 chivalry n.骑士制度 choleric a.易怒的,暴躁的 chop n.(用斧头等)砍,(风)突然改

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 GRE英语

There was very little about the natives way of doing things that Kubwa did not know. 库巴几乎了解所有土著人的想法。 He had taken a liking to their food, especially to their bananas, and he used to make a business of raiding the village

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材5

I'll see you tomorrow, he sighed, and I knew he wanted me to leave now. 我们明天见。他叹了口气。我知道他想让我现在离开。 Tomorrow, then. I opened the door unwillingly. 那么,明天见。我不情愿地打开门。 Bella? I

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

For who could tell but what the next morning, so soon as I popped out of the room, the harpooneer might be standing in the entry, all ready to knock me down! 因为哪个敢保到了明天早晨,我一走出房间,那个标枪手不会站在门口,一拳

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Art and Humor Millions of people struggle out of bed each morning, fumble into some clothes, and make their way to a cup of coffee and the morning newspaper①. They need something cheerful to remind them that the rest of the day will be less difficu

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 四六级写作指导

Of course, she wasn't really my aunt and, out of fear, I never called her that to her face. I only referred to her as My Aunt Fannie because the name always made my father chuckle and gave my mother cause to look sternly at both of usat me for being

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

笑有助于消化,笑能减轻压力,笑,是长寿的秘方。 No living creature can laugh except man. Trees may bleed when they are wounded, and beasts in the field will cry in pain and hunger, yet only I have the gift of laughter and it is

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

鼠标悬停在加粗部分,会显示相应词义和讲解哦! Harry picked it up and stared at it, his heart twanging like a giant elastic band . No one, ever, in his whole life, had written to h

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(334) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间