Thirty-five Sunday Drive [00:04.41]Sitting on the side of the highway waiting to catch speeding drivers, [00:10.58]a state police officer sees a car puttering along at 22 MPH. [00:18.83]He things to himself,This drivers is just as dangerous as a spee

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 新思路单项技能教材口语PETS

The Aldens peered inside the opening. The passageway looked so dark and spooky with cobwebs hanging overhead that Benny was suddenly afraid to step inside, even after Seymour handed him a flashlight. Come on, Benny. This is one of the things you came

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 67 The Mystery of the Stolen S

The prowler strikes again! Jessie exclaimed as she jumped into the pool and grabbed one orange after another, which she placed on the edge of the pool. Benny, holding his nose, waded into the shallow end. He reached out and tried to catch an orange,

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 23 The Old Motel Mystery

Maxs problems were soon forgotten when the children arrived in San Juan, the capital of Puerto Rico. It was late afternoon, but they had a number of hours before the ship left at midnight. The Aldens hurried down the ramp onto the narrow cobblestoned

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 29 The Mystery Cruise

介绍: belly laugh 捧腹大笑 I love Mr. Bean, his acting give us a lot of belly laugh. 我喜欢看《憨豆先生》,他的表演时常让我们捧腹大笑。 cackle /?k?k.?l/ v. 嘎嘎大笑(不雅) A group of women were cackling in a co

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(四)月

'我是老北京' I'm Paul James host of The Beijing Hour here on China Radio International. Normally when I tell people I'm old Beijing, the comment is often met with a chuckle and a healthy dose of skepticism. But when I explain that I've lived her

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2017CRI中国国际广播电台

Jim要去参加一次公司庆典活动,特别正式。他问同事Gary,参加这种社交活动有哪些注意事项。 J: Have you ever been to a black-tie event? G: Twice actually....and to be honest, it was a bit boring both times. J: Aside f

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Then we both heard the sound of tires on the brick driveway, saw the headlights flash through the front windows, down the hall to us. 然后我们都听到了轮胎行走在砖砌的车道上的生气,看见了车灯从前窗里照进来,穿过前厅

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

-You still think this is about that stupid scare record? -Well, I did. Right up until you chuckled like that. And I think I should get out of here. -I'm about to revolutionize the scaring industry. When I do even the great James P. Sullivan is gonna

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

Some people seem easy to understand: their character appears obvious on first meeting. Appearances, however, can be deceptive. 有些人似乎容易了解:他们的个性在初次交往时就表露无

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 全新版大学英语综合教程

Lesson 35 Choreography 舞蹈编排 Words: chisel n. 凿子;v. 坎凿,雕,刻 chivalry n. 骑士精神,骑士制度 choke vt. 使窒息;掐

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

Wake up, Benny, Henry said, gently shaking Bennys shoulder. Were here. Benny yawned and sat up. Has the bus stopped? Look outside, Violet said, leaning across the aisle and pointing at the trees. See? The trees have stopped moving past the window. Sh

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 25 The Amusement Park Mystery

Despite the often raw intensity of his poetry, Robert Pinsky, a lanky, handsome man in his seventies, has the relaxed air of a jazz musician as he prepares to read an excerpt from his long poem History of My Heart. The poet explains that the work re-

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(一月)

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov says he has been listening to and reviewing statements by U.S. President-elect Barack Obama and looks forward to working with the new U.S. administration on a wide range of issues. Russian Foreign Minister Serg

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(一月)

No living creature can laugh except man. Trees may bleed when they are wounded, and beasts in the field will cry in pain and hunger, yet only I have the gift of laughter and it is mine to use whenever I choose. Henceforth I will cultivate the habit

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 白领英语晨读

有一种浪漫叫做两小无猜,青梅竹马。今天这个故事的主角菲顿和奈杰尔,他们16岁时相识,感情非常好。这段婚姻一直持续到2013年11月菲顿过世的那一天。临终前,妻子菲顿交代丈夫要每天为

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

I started to step around him, heading for the driver's side. 我开始绕过他,径直向驾驶座走去。 He might have let me pass if I hadn't wobbled slightly. 他原本也许会让我过去的,如果我没有轻微地晃荡了一下的话。

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

DAVID SEDARIS: I wear green velvet knickers, a forest green velvet smock and a perky little hat decorated with spangles. This is my work uniform. I've spent the last several days sitting in a crowded, windowless Macy's classroom, undergoing the first

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇小说

Beginners. My mother told me that when she was a young mother, my older brother would never leave her alone. He always wanted to be held. She would hold him even when she vacuumed. Clingy is the word. I was different. I always wanted to do my own thi

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

average, common, general, universal, usual 这一组形容词都有

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语