Lesson 46 Hobbies 业余爱好 First listen and then answer the following question. 听录音,然后回答以下问题。 Who, according to the author, are 'Fortune's favoured children'? a gifted American psychologist has said, 'Worry is a spasm of

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(966) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语第四册

Jonathan Livingston Seagull (2) Written by Richard Bach The gulls were 1) flocked into the Council gathering when he landed, and apparently had been so flocked for some time. They were, in fact, waiti

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(151) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语2003年

[00:01.08]Late 20s. male Caucasian 晚了20分钟 高加索人男性 [00:03.36]with multiple lacerations on lower mandible and possible concussion. 下颚骨有多处损伤 可能有脑震荡 [00:07.32]Transport en route, over. 送诊途中 完毕 [0

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 听电影学英语-朋友一场

无聊的时候人的反应之一是张大嘴巴大哈欠,真是这样吗?你无聊的时候会去做什么呢? Rob: Hello I'm Rob. Welcome to 6 Minute English. I'm joined today by Finn. Hello Finn. Finn: Hi Rob. You know, I'm happy you called

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 一起听英语

School 学校 Even before Jobs started elementary school, his mother had taught him how to read. 在乔布斯上小学之前,母亲就已经教他阅读了。 This, however, led to some problems once he got to school. 但这反而造成了一些麻烦

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

Work, Labor, and Play So far as I know, Miss Hannah Arendt was the first person to define the essential difference between work and labor. To be happy, a man must feel, firstly, free and, secondly, im

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

What Brings Happiness? WHEN POLLED ACROSS THE NATION AS TO: What Brings HAPPINESS? These EIGHT items were listed as NOT being of major importance to maintaining lasting happiness (the Eight Delusional Desires for Prosperity): 1. Wealth 2. Physical a

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽英文

THE BRIGHT SIDE The Aries personality is fiery and warm, passionate and self-expressive with an urge to act - now! This is not a patient sign: everything is done on impulse, and with great urgency. Enterprise Aries is a courageous leader, not averse

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

The most idealistic, romantic and highly-strung sign, Pisceans are only too happy to lose themselves in their relationship. Being loved is central to their well-being. They are very caring, and make compassionate partners. Ideals Deeply sensitive and

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

It was named after the platoon medic. 这曾是一个野战排医疗兵的名字。 that had been killed about two months into the deployment. 他在战地工作两个月后就牺牲了。 It was a few plywood B-huts 所谓的哨站就是几个胶合板

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲娱乐篇

Be Happy! The days that make us happy make us wise.----John Masefield when I first read this line by Englands Poet Laureate, it startled me. What did Masefield mean? Without thinking about it much, I had always assumed that the opposite was true. But

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(148) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

WORDS AND THEIR STORIES - Couch Potato: Life as a Full-time Television WatcherBy Jill Moss Broadcast: Sunday, August 20, 2006 Now, the VOA Special English program, Words and Their Stories. Some unusua

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(八)月

寒暑表降到冰点下十八度的时候,我们也是在廊下睡觉。每夜最熟识的就是天上的星辰了。也不过是点点闪烁的光明,而相看惯了,偶然不见,也有些想望与无聊。 连夜雨雪,一点星光都看不

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 英语阅读理解

你读的书越多,你的生活就会越好。如果你不相信我的话,请考虑这十二个令人信服的理由多读书。 1. You will optimize your brain power 多读书会优化你的脑力 This shouldnt come as a shock, but studies sugge

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

【英文原文】 Weve all been bored from time to time. Sometimes, when were really at loose ends, we might even say were bored to death or so bored I could die! We dont really mean it, of course. But according to one study, it may be true. That is

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

国际标准智商测试题[IQ测试] 智商 ,就是 IQ (Intelligence Quotient的简称),通俗地可以理解为智力,是指数字、空间、逻辑、词汇、创造、记忆等能力,它是德国心理学家施特恩在1912年提出的。

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

The world of adolescence 年青人的世界 The best days of their lives? 他们人生中最美好的时光? What drives the young 是什么因素驱使着年青人成长 Sep 17th 2011 | from the print edition Lost in Transition: The Dark Side of E

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

63 Life-Changing Quotes on Lifestyle Design Tim Ferriss The 4-Hour Workweek has created quite a buzz recently in the blogosphere. As you might have known, the book focuses on lifestyle design, which is designing your dream lifestyle with the least po

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Bad habit 恶习难改 Procrastinating 拖延 Procrastinators sabotage themselves to avoid doing something that they don't want to do, and it can be a really bad habit. Therefore, set clear goals, with rewards if necessary, and imagine how great you'

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

Every year in the United States alone, 2,077,000 couples make a legal and spiritual decision to spend the rest of their lives together ... (Laughter) and not to have sex with anyone else, ever. He buys a ring, she buys a dress. They go shopping for a

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习