[00:01.83]Dancing All the Dances As Long As I Can [00:06.86]I believe in dancing. [00:10.52]I believe it is in my nature to dance by virtue of the beat of my heart, [00:15.11]the pulse of my blood and the music in my mind. So I dance daily. [00:21.02

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(133) / 评论(0) 分类 英语专业晨读美文

How to Refill an Empty Life by Albert J Nesbitt One day about fifteen years ago I suddenly came face to face with myself and realized there was something quite empty about my life. My friends and associates perhaps didnt see it. By the generally acce

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 英语励志美文精华

Managing Your Emotions in the Workplace 2 Preventing burnout If you start to feel any of the symptoms of burnout— excessive tiredness, distraction, lack of interest, a vague sense of futility —imm

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台11月

At the turn of the last century, Native people lived off the land. 20世纪之交,原住民靠山吃山,靠水吃水。 As times changed, our way of life of growing, gathering, and hunting traditional foods changed. 随着时代变迁,人们耕种

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 医学英语轻松学

Have you ever wondered why you sometimes take an almost immediate liking to a person you have just met? Or worried about why someone you were talking to suddenly became cool and distant? The chances are that it wasn't anything that was said but somet

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

从电视迷到幽居病 Now, the VOA Special English program WORDS AND THEIR STORIES. 现在是美国之音慢速英语词汇掌故节目。 Some unusual words describe how a person spends his or her time. For example, someone who likes to spend a l

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(三)月

AS IT IS 2016-11-04 Democratic VP Candidate Was Lawyer, Mayor and Governor 民主党副总统候选人的身份是律师,市长和州长 Tim Kaine is the Democratic Partys vice-presidential nominee. He represents the eastern state of Virginia in the

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

Communication without words 非语言沟通的力量 You have no doubt heard the proverb:Actions speak louder than words. It's true. Your body is a crucial part of communicating your inner feelings. 你一定听过这个谚语:行动胜于空谈。说

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 生活英语听力文章

1. What school do you go to? 你读什么学校? 还能这样说: Which school are you in? Which school do you go to? 应用解析: school of fish 鱼群; school up 成群游近水面; a school of thought 学派,有类似观点的一群人

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

ENGLISH MARATHON Host: Jeffery 叶茼荞 Aries 白羊 Yours is the most impatient sign of all, Aries, so naturally, what irritates you most is waiting. Taurus 金牛 You believe in measuring twice (at least) and cutting once, in thinking before you a

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语轻松学

13. A True Instinct for the Beautiful 让爱美的天性常在 A child's world is fresh and new and beautiful, full of wonder and excitement. It is our misfortune that for most of us that clear-eyed vision, that true instinct of what is beautiful and

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 陈冠商英语背诵文选合集

Lesson 26 Toms Search 汤姆的探索 Words: boiling point 沸点 boisterous adj. 喧闹的,欢闹的 bold adj. 大胆的;放肆无礼的 bolster n. 垫子,枕垫;vt. 支持 bombastic adj. 夸大的,言过其实的 bonanza n. 富矿带;兴旺发达;带来好运之事 bond n. 联结,联系;粘

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

What Is Boredom, Scientifically Speaking? Its time to go again to the A Moment of Science mailbag. A listener writes: Dear A Moment of Science, Everyone gets bored from time to time. But I was wonderingwhat is boredom exactly, scientifically speaking

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

A proper quarterlife crisis involves a certain amount of disillusionment, ennui, boredom, fear, anxiety, and growing pains. But those terrifying sounding emotions are the ones that get all the press-how about giving that growing some props for once?

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 励志英语

今日知识点: Boring adj. 无聊的 表示某个东西的本来属性,是一种客观评价。比如: It's boring. 这个东西无聊。 Bored adj. 无聊的 这是一种人的主观感受。比如: I'm bored. 我(感觉)好无聊。 所

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 每天三分钟学英语

The One With The Inappropriate Sister 本集简介: Because of his boredom while away from work, Ross offers to help Joey focus on writing a movie. Things get a little tense, however, when Ross wants Joey to work and Chandler wants to play 'Fireball

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 老友记(六人行)

DURING THE NIGHT of December 27-28, the Nautilus left the waterways of Vanikoro behind with extraordinary speed. 12月27日至28日夜间,诺第留斯号超速度急行,离开了万尼科罗群岛海面。 Its heading was southwesterly, and in th

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Luc Besson 吕克贝松 Out of boredom, Luc Besson started to write stories, including the backdrop to what later became one of his most popular movies, The Fifth Element. Besson directed and cowrote the screenplay of this science fiction thriller wi

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(181) / 评论(0) 分类 名人认知系列 Who Was

解救无聊晚癌 Grocery Shop 去逛逛杂货店 Grocery shopping is a great thing to do to help relieve boredom. People can never have too many ingredients to make great food for themselves or their families throughout the week. Your family and fr

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

解救无聊晚癌 Try An Online Class 尝试下网络课程 The internet is an amazing thing. There are so many classes available to take online. Why not try something different, like a foreign language class or something challenging like online eng

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening