Be Happy! The days that make us happy make us wise._ John Masefield When I first read this line by England's Poet Laureate, it startled me. What did Masefield mean? Without thinking about it much. I had always assumed that the opposite was true. Bu

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(146) / 评论(0) 分类 王强英语美文

3 Luc Besson 3 吕克贝松 Out of boredom, Luc Besson started to write stories, 出于无聊,吕克贝松开始写起小说, including the backdrop to what later became one of his most popular movies, The Fifth Element. 这其中的作品就包括

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 世界名人故事之演员明星

Clich陈词滥调 adj. n. 1.being predictable and unimaginative; falling into a groove of human boredom; an old tired trend. 陈词滥调,俗套的 例句: 1. adj.---It's too clich, I won't say I'm in love. 2. n.--- That movie is such a clich. 今日

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 现代英文俚语讲解

词条 含义 近义 词组 vt. 阻碍,阻止 hinder, obstruct bloom n./vi. 花 / 开花 flower, blossom blossom n./vi. 花 / 开花 blues n. 抑郁,沮丧;布鲁斯音乐 gloom, depressed spiri

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 王玉梅托福词汇配套MP3

[00:01.24]...so I called 91 1, and the cops came eventually. ...所以我打了911 最后警察终于来了 [00:03.32]-Like three hours later. -Yeah, after I had been raped and killed. -是不是三个小时后 -是的,我已经被人先奸后杀了

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(254) / 评论(0) 分类 听电影学英语-日落之前

影片对白 Bridget: I've never been happier in my entire life. However, must not obsess or fantasise. Bridget Darcy. Mrs. Darcy. Mr. and Mrs. Darcy. Lord and Lady Darcy. Wonder what Mark Darcy would be like as a father. Father to his children, I mean,

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(324) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英语

A long time ago, when I was living in my favorite apartment behind a bamboo patch in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, I wrote my first love letter. It was a liquid hot afternoon, and I was sitting on my screened porch, enjoying my boredom, thinking that I was fu

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 节日英语

President Obama is pledging to stand behind Europe as it tries to stem its biggest debt challenges. They're going to have a strong partner in us. But European leaders understand that ultimately what the markets are looking for is a strong signal from

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年NPR美国国家公共电台11月

Unit 3 Attitudes Toward Work In-Class Reading Making Work Meaningful: Secrets of the Future-Focused Corporation 1 Today's worker is no longer willing to work in an authoritarian and dehumanizing envir

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 新编大学英语阅读部分

Hypertension, or high blood pressure, affects one third of US adults and is a leading cause of heart disease and stroke. 三分之一美国成人受高血压困扰,它是心脏病,中风的主要诱因。 A recent study found an increase in self-

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(122) / 评论(0) 分类 医学英语轻松学

Were bombarded every day by magazines and websites advising us how to find our soul mate. But how honest are you being with yourself? Is a small or a huge part of you content being single? Not every sign is delirious1 about being part of a perfectly

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

一篇高质量好的新GRE作文,很重要的一点就是逻辑明确。这其中需要考生们有自己的中心观点,有条理的阐述语言,以及层层递进的文章结构。所以GRE作文衔接问题对于表达逻辑的重点一方面

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 GRE作文

Now that the excitement and busyness of the holidays is over, its time to get back to normal daily life. This can be a tough time, especially for families who have been extra busy. If you are struggling mildly with low moods and lack of energy, here

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(391) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

第一, 迷你对话 A: Maybe you are right. But in most cases I get sick of people who keep smiling. 也许你是对的,在大多数情况下,我还是讨厌那些始终微笑的人。 B: Keeping a straight face may indicate a boredom. But if

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 迷你对话学地道口语

You're single--a heat-seeking bachelor, committed to no one inparticular, able to party like John Belushi and sleep until noon withno one underfoot to tell you to do otherwise. It's a great life, andwhy shouldn't it be? 假设你是单身一个热衷艳

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

1. 生活时间角度(1) we have been always considering sth (recreational activities) as something to relax ourselves or something that can add color to the dull routine of every day life。 我们一直认为娱乐活动可以让我们放松,可以

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语学习方法

Hey, it's Tommy,hit me on the beep. 嗨,我是汤米,嘟声之后请留言 Hey,it's me again. 嗨,又是我 Please call me back. 给我回个电话吧 I think we should talk. 我们应该谈谈 I was just leaving you a message. 我正给你留言

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 绿箭侠第一季

Immortality 永生 For ever and ever 追求永生 Immortality: The Quest to Live Forever and How It Drives Civilisation. 《永生:对长命百岁的追求及这是如何影响文明》 IMMORTALITY is an age-old obsession. Plenty of literature deal

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

Be Happy! The days that make us happy make us wise.----John Masefield when I first read this line by Englands Poet Laureate, it startled me. What did Masefield mean? Without thinking about it much, I had always assumed that the opposite was true. But

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

The 10,000-Hour Rule says that you need approximately 10,000 hours of practice to become a world-class expert in a field. There is no other way: if you want to be a world-class expert in your field, you must do your 10,000 hours of practice. 一万小时

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语