We can consider a special segment for today, April 1st, but we didnt want to do anything foolish. So, we decide to just pick our favor before we go segment to ring the new month. And here it is, Otto the Bulldog, who set the world record for skateboa

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2016年6月

Words and Their Stories: From Couch Potato to Cabin Fever 词汇典故:从电视迷到幽居病 Now, the VOA Special English program WORDS AND THEIR STORIES. 现在是美国之音慢速英语词汇典故节目。 Some unusual words describe how a p

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(十)月

Somalia Famine Refugees Joined by Others Fleeing Insecurity Kenya's military offensive against Islamic extremists in southern Somalia is sparking concern about a fresh exodus of Somali refugees to camps in Ethiopia. The rainy season has arrived in mo

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十一月)

Writer and minister Robert Fulghum believes learning to tango is the perfect way to age gracefully From NPR news, this is weekend edition. I'm Liane Hansen. I believe in mystery. I believe in family. I believe in being who I am. I believe in the pow

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

Not many scientific studies begin like this: Many hours of watching YouTube clips. Trying to find as many yawns as possible. But for Andrew Gallup, an evolutionary psychologist who studies yawning at the State University of New York, it was all in a

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年Scientific American(十)月

Its time to go again to the A Moment of Science mailbag. A listener writes: 又到了科学一刻的读信时间,一位听友写道: Dear A Moment of Science, 亲爱的《科学一刻》栏目: Everyone gets bored from time to time. But I was w

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

So far as I know, Miss Hannah Arendt was the first person to define the essential difference between work and labor. To be happy, a man must feel, firstly, free and, secondly, important. He cannot be really happy if he is compelled by society to do w

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

影片对白 Danielle: Why can't we have a normal soup? Bree: Danielle, there is nothing abnormal about basil puree. Danielle: Just once, can we have a soup that people all heard of, like French onion, or navy bean. Bree: First of all, your father can't

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英语

Sting And Shaggy On The 'Wonderful Luxury' Of Making Reggae DAVID GREENE, HOST: OK. Let's meet the guys behind one of this year's most unlikely collaborations. One is a Jamaican dancehall star with an unmistakable voice and a string of over-the-top,

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台5月

DAVID GREENE, HOST: You know, here at MORNING EDITION we like to strive to give you in-depth lively coverage of the news. RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: Indeed, we hope you are informed and entertained. GREENE: I mean, the last thing we want to do is bore you.

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: So obviously, teens aren't the only ones yawning. It's something everyone does - humans but also bears, bats, guinea pigs, giraffes. Yawning is common animal behavior. Here's reporter Michelle Trudeau. And no matter how interesti

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台5月

Desperate To Avoid Deportation, She Hasn't Left Sanctuary For 8 Months MICHEL MARTIN, HOST: We want to go back to the immigration issue for a few more minutes in the U.S. This is about a tiny chapter of the story playing out in a quiet place far from

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台7月

文本: Weve also taken from abroad an ingenious way of making foods taste smoky and festive.Smoked products. Got some smoked bacon and smoked cheese.How do you reckon they get the smoke favour into food?Burning oak chips or something like that.Rig

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

从auteurs最近的那张恶毒的专辑after murder park的黑色噪音里挣脱的luke,在音乐表层上不知不觉地陷入一种微妙、细腻、蜜糖般沉着文静的情趣中去,而更多的原因在于两个临时演员john唯美而保守的和谐吉他点弦与sarah沉闷疲倦、冷静得有些骇人并固袭默守的嗓音所赋予的

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

Platoon Testimony Continues in Afghan Atrocities Case Testimony continues in the military trial, court martial, of American soldier Calvin Gibbs, accused of masterminding war crimes allegedly committed by the platoon he led in Afghanistan. If convict

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十一月)

There's only one that really matters only one that you have complete control over. 只有一个是真正重要的只有一个完全处于你的掌控 Make sure you know how to answer that one first Then you can deal with all the rest. 务必确保你能

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

Were you constantly bored as a child? Maybe that helped you to develop your innate ability to be creative. Boredom can be a good thing for children, according to Dr Teresa Belton, researcher at the University of East Anglia's School of Education and

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

Up until now, a trip to the toilet for most men has been limited in its potential for entertainment. Standing at the urinal there's not much to do but stare blankly at the wall tiles, whistle and relieve oneself. But for those who can't bear the bore

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

Whether work should be placed among the causes of happiness may perhaps be regarded as a doubtful question. 工作是否是产生快乐的众多原因之一,似乎还是个令人疑惑的问题。 There is certainly much work which is exceedingly i

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

How long could you listen to someone talking about the evolution of the electric hand-dryer without yawning and becoming restless? How about listening to a man talking about what makes him sneeze or finding out about British motorways? If all this so

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版