“I have a dream...” It is among the most celebrated speeches in American history. “My four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(150) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语2002年

Sample transcript Andrew: Hello everybody. My name is Andrew. Suzanne: And Im Suzanne. Andrew: And were back with another Culips episode. Suzanne: Yay! Andrew: Suzanne, whats up? Suzanne: Nothing much, Andrew. How about you? Anything new? Andrew: I h

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

Fun fact Although old wives tales are almost always false, some have turned out to be true! For example, one very common old wives tale is that eating carrots can improve your eyesight. Carrots are actually rich in beta-carotene, which your body turn

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

三个主持人齐聚一堂,回首2016,展望2017! Andrew: Today we have a very special episode for everyone. Not only are all three Culips hosts here together at the same time, but it is our last episode of 2016! So, today were going to take a

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

JUDY WOODRUFF: Now a look at how required math classes may factor into the academic success or failure of high school and college students. Hari Sreenivasan has the story as part of our weekly education series, Making the Grade. ANDREW HACKER, Author

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈教育系列

Heres an episode all about bad and uncomfortable feelings. Have you ever been around a person who you didnt trust? Or maybe you entered a building and for some reason you didnt feel safe. It can be hard to describe what makes something seem sketchy,

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

Welcome to THE MAKING OF A NATION -- American history in VOA Special English. Andrew Jackson was elected president in eighteen twenty-eight. He was popular with voters. But he was not sure he wanted to run for re-election in eighteen thirty-two. He

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(十一)月

A buzzard took a monkey for a ride in the air, 一只老鹰载着猴子在空中飞了一程 The monkey thought that everything was on the square. 猴子想:这一切都要完蛋了 The buzzard tried to throw the monkey off his back, 老鹰试图把猴

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

Welcome to THE MAKING OF A NATION American history in VOA Special English. Andrew Jackson Last week in our series, we talked about the election of eighteen twenty-eight. Andrew Jackson defeated President John Quincy Adams, after a campaign in which

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008(十)月

安德鲁从小父母就对他严格要求,要求他锻炼身体..... Harp: And then were gonna talk about what we do to stay in shape. OK. So lets get started with our first topic which is sports we played as a kid. Andrew: Yeah. Sports we played

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

今天来做客的嘉宾是本,他是安德鲁在乐队认识的朋友,两人的关系很好。 Ben: Hello. Andrew: Thank you for agreeing to do this with me. Ben: Youre welcome. Andrew: And I guess we should start at the very beginning. Thats a

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

保护环境很重要,今天来谈谈保护环境的重要性,以及环保的标志颜色绿色。 Andrew: Well talk about what we do to do our part in saving the planet. Maura: All right. So first were going to talk about some new terms that are

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

THE MAKING OF A NATION #58 - Andrew Jackson, Part 2 By Frank Beardsley Broadcast: Thursday, April 15, 2004 (Theme) VOICE ONE: THE MAKING OF A NATION -- a program in Special English. (Theme) As we repo

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 The Making of a Nation

主演:拉尔夫费因斯安吉拉贝塞特文森特诺费奥朱丽叶刘易斯迈克尔温柯特威廉菲德内尔汤姆西斯摩尔理查德艾德森胡凯丽James AchesonNynno AndersonMark ArnesonStefan ArngrimBrigitte BakoDru BerrymoreAmon Bour

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 看电影学英语

音乐咖啡厅:Phixx - Relentless 相关介绍:这是英国超人气偶像组合Phixx的处男专辑。Phixx是参加英国选秀节目The Rivals的五名成员。他们是Andrew Kinlochan、Chris Park、Peter Smith、Nikk Major和Mikey Green。 2

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(125) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

Do you think he's done something that we don't know about, and is lying doggo on account of the police? 你想他会不会做了什么我们都不知道的事,怕警察找他的麻烦,所以躲起来避避风? The suggestion sent a ray of hope

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 月亮和六便士

JUDY WOODRUFF: Hosting the Olympic Games has become a kind of Olympian feat in itself. Many cities have struggled with it, while others have said the outcome is well worth it. But Boston's ambivalence about hosting the Summer Games and the decision i

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列

11. Shoot 除了射击之意,还有以下日常用法: Whenever you need help, just shoot me an email. 要帮忙的时候,发个邮件给我就行。(比send更口语化) - I've collected some negative comments on you. 我这有一些关于你

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

你是我心中最美To someone who is beautiful... all overIt is absolutely wonderful to havesomeone in your life who is caringand giving and gracious some whosesmiles are live sunshine and laughterand whose words always seem to saythe things you mo

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Love Is a Two-way Street A father sat at his desk poring over his monthly bills when his young son rushed in and announced, Dad, because this is your birthday and youre 55 years old, Im going to give you 55 kisses, one for each year! When the boy sta

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文