安德鲁买了一个大乐透,但是没中奖。他和苏珊这期讨论的是拉斯维加斯的赌场.....里面都有哪些规定呢? Andrew: Hey, I bet you cant guess what I did last week. Suzanne: What did you do? Andrew: I bought a lottery

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

Andrew Carnegie Andrew Carnegie, known as the King of Steel, built the steel industry in the United States , and , in the process, became one of the wealthiest men in America . His success resulted in part from his ability to sell the product and in

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(173) / 评论(0) 分类 高级听力练习

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: language in action. We have two reports. RS: We start with a program in the International Business School at Brandeis University near Boston, Massachusetts. It helps introduce for

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

Michele: Excuse me, is this the right stop for St. Paul's cathedral? Andrew: Yes, it is. There is a map here which tells you the number of the bus. Michele: Oh, yes, I see. So, the number 8 bus goes to St. Paul's? Andrew: That's right. And it tells y

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语学习乐园

动画里、漫画书里、电影里,我们总是听到过很多关于超级英雄的故事,今天讨论的主题就是超级英雄。 Andrew: Harp, whats new? What did you get up to last weekend? Harp: I actually went for a walk in the park, at

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

邮件或者群消息太多,你是否会出现回复错人的情况。来看看发生在苏珊身上的糗事吧。 Suzanne: I do. I use Facebook Messenger a lot, exactly the same way. If Im going to set up a meeting with one person, I might email

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

加拿大也有等级制度?皇室家族也存在? Andrew: So today, were going to record a Chatterbox episode, and this is where we have a conversation about a subject that we think is interesting. It might be something to do with pop culture or

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

Andrew Williams got a new pet. It was a baby chick. His parents brought it home one day. At first, Andrew did not like the chick. He wanted a different pet. All of my friends have dogs or cats, he complained. The chick followed Andrew everywhere. She

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第4级听力-English Level 4

终止合同 Andrew: We arent going to renew our contract this year. 今年我们不再和你们续签合同了. Elizabeth: How come? I thought you were happy with our service. 为什么?我一直以为你对我们的服务是很满意的. Andrew: I

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方商务口语

Tess was eight-year-old girl when she heard her Mom and Dad talking about her little brother, Andrew. All she knew was that he was very sick and they were completely out of money. They were moving to an apartment complex next month because Daddy didn

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 每天一点英文

In the salsify mains of what was thoughtful and sad all the calcified arhythmatists were doing the math. And it would take a calculated blow to the head to blind the eyes of all the harmless sociopaths. Oh Arm in Arm we are the harmless sociopaths. O

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 金属

THE MAKING OF A NATION #59 - Andrew Jackson, Part 3 By Frank Beardsley Broadcast: Thursday, April 22, 2004 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: THE MAKING OF A NATION -- a program in Special English. (MUSIC) In our las

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 The Making of a Nation

THE MAKING OF A NATION #63 - Andrew Jackson, Part 7 By Frank Beardsley Broadcast: Thursday, May 20, 2004 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: THE MAKING OF A NATION -- a program in Special English. (MUSIC) President An

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 The Making of a Nation

THE MAKING OF A NATION #64 - Andrew Jackson, Part 8 By Frank Beardsley Broadcast: Thursday, May 27, 2004 VOICE ONE: THE MAKING OF A NATION -- a program in Special English about the history of the Unit

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 The Making of a Nation

THE MAKING OF A NATION #60 - Andrew Jackson, Part 4 By Frank Beardsley Broadcast: Thursday, April 29, 2004 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: THE MAKING OF A NATION -- a program in Special English by the Voice of Ame

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 The Making of a Nation

实用口语:电影迷 Star Trek Maniac ANDREW: Your older brother is a little strange, I think. DAN: Steve? You think he's strange? Why? ANDREW: He wanted me to come over and watch Star Trek with him. DAN: Oh, that. He's a Trekkie. You shouldn't b

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Tenuous at best was all he had to say when pressed about the rest of it, the world that is from proto-Sanskrit Minoans to Porto-centric Lisboans Greek Cypriots and and harbor-sorts who hang around in quotes a lot Here's where things start getting wei

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

SCOTT: This facility is great, don't you think? ANDREW: Yes, it is better than last year. They have done a very good job this time. SCOTT: I'm glad our booth is on the first floor. More people can see our display. ANDREW: If someone wants

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

The unveiling of the black perfect cube would occur on a starkly minimalist stage setting with a black background, 一个极简主义的舞台,背景是黑色的,完美的黑色立方体将在这种布置中掲晓 a table covered by a black cloth

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

JOHN LARSON: Joining me now by Skype from Paris is Andrew Callus of Reuters. Andrew, thanks so much for joining us. First of all, you know, we are just hearing that, you know, the first gun jammed, the second one wasn't fully loaded. It sounds like a

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列