No writer knows the greatest writers who did not receive the Prize can accept it other than with humility. There is no need to list these writers. Everyone here may make his own list according to his knowledge and his conscience. It would be impossib

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(130) / 评论(0) 分类 英语演讲稿

This is IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. Thousands of members of the Writers Guild of America and their supporters march in Los Angeles last month More than ten thousand film and television writers in the United States have been on strike since N

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(十二)月

小学英语写作范文:我爸爸的职业 My father is a nice man. He likes to play computer games. He is an owner of a factory which produces many things .He is good at designing. He works very hard. I love him very much because, sometimes, I ca

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 英语写作系列

Hello and Welcome to News and Reports on China Radio International. In This Edition China's exports surged 17.7 percent in December to break a 13-month decline. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has rejected the US suggestion of making conces

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2018年7月

Hello and Welcome to News and Reports on China Radio International In This Edition Two scientists from the Chinese Academy of Sciences receive China's annual top science honor. North Korea proposes concluding a peace treaty that would formally end th

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(476) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2018年7月

4. Theirs was a serious business, and even those reviewers who wore their learning slightly, like George Bernard Shaw and Earnest Newman, could be trusted to know what they were about. 【分析】并列复合句。and 连接两个并列分句。第一

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语长难句讲解

Todd: OK, Jeff, you're a writer. Jeff: A little bit. Todd: OK. Jeff: Hobby! Todd: OK. Talk about writing. Jeff: I write, I think you, writers write about what they know. So, and I don't know much so....so it's difficult, difficult to be a writer. Now

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

Grammar Girl here. Todays topic is How to Use Attributives Guest writer Sal Glynn writes: Dialogue is hard to write and dont let anyone tell you otherwise. Getting characters to have individual voices has caused more sleepless nights than too much co

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Grammar Girl here. Today's topics are style guides and how to deal with book titles. Joe called in with this question: With all of the style guides that are out there -- APA, MLA -- why would anyone use Chicago? I was finding it very hard to believe

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Grammar Girl here. Today's topics are style guides and how to deal with book titles. Joe called in with this question: With all of the style guides that are out there -- APA, MLA -- why would anyone use Chicago? I was finding it very hard to believe

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

I dont know how I can express myself, as feelings become obtuse from fear. Soldiers of darkness caught me like an animal and butchered me in dreams. You know the feelings of dreaming are like reality. It is midnight in my Bangladesh. Tuhin Das is fro

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(二)月

Experts: Colleges Should Invest More in Research Vaccines. Popular sports drinks. Computers. Each one of these subjects is different from the others. But all three have something in common: they were all invented by researchers working at a college o

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(二)月

VOICE ONE: Im Mary Tillotson. VOICE TWO: And Im Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Today we finish telling about the life of Langston Hughes, known as the poet voice of African Americans. He was one of the most import

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(四)月

This is the VOA Special English Economics Report. The competition between Microsoft and Google took a new turn on February first. Microsoft made a public offer to buy the Internet company Yahoo. Microsoft says the combined companies would be in a be

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(122) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(二)月

Todd: OK, Jeff, you're a writer. 杰夫,你是一名作家。 Jeff: A little bit. 算是。 Todd: OK. 好的。 Jeff: Hobby! 爱好而已! Todd: OK. Talk about writing. 好的。 Jeff: I write, I think you, writers write about what they know. So,

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 实战口语情景对话

So you see, I'd missed fitting in to just about every category out there: 可以看到我与所有的生活格格不入: daughter, wife, mother, scholar. 作为女儿,作为妻子,作为妈妈,作为学者。 And the dream of being a writer w

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

Good afternoon. I'm Naamua Delaney at the CNN Center in Atlanta. Here is a look at what's happening NOW IN THE NEWS. We're following the high drama on Capitol Hill, where a baseball superstar is trying to defend his reputation. Seven-time Cy Young A

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2008年(二)月

AMERICAN MOSAIC - Women on Wheels: Driving Change in MotorcyclingBy Lawan Davis and Nancy Steinbach Broadcast: Friday, November 17, 2006 HOST: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC, in VOA Special English. (MUSI

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(十一)月

My friend Wei Hua was born in March, 1992. He lives in Beijing now. His father is a worker and his mother works in a hospital. He is good at maths and often gets full marks. As good friends, we often play basketball together. He often helps me with m

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

模仿句子:Lemn was an official poet for the London 2012 Olympics and works to support new writers. But he's been telling me that he didn't have the easiest start in life. He was born to a young Ethiopian woman who just arrived in England. 翻译:

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀