8. Or something... She works for a bank or something. You don't sound too sure. Mom, I'm starving. What's for lunch? Here's some money. Get yourself a sandwich or something.

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 李阳疯狂英语口语突破MP3

Nobel Prize Acceptance Speech 获诺贝尔文学奖致辞 Delivered on Dec. 10, 1954 发表于1954年12月10日 No writer who knows the great writers who did not receive the Prize can accept it other than with humility. There is no need to list these

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 世界上最伟大的演讲

This 'Swan Song' Is My 'Last Hurrah' Now, the Special English program Words and Their Stories. The white swan, with its long, graceful neck, is among the most beautiful of birds. The swan is mostly silent through its life. It floats quietly on the wa

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(九)月

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. Im Liz Waid. Voice 2 And Im Ryan Geertsma. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 Aya is a student from Japan. She

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. Im Ryan Geertsma. Voice 2 And Im Marina Santee. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easy for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 In June of 2011, Megan Cox Gur

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

Ralph Ellison's 1952 Book, Invisible Man, Won Awards and is Still Discussed Today Written by Richard Thorman (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we tell about write

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Today we're going to talk about keeping a journal. If you're an aspiring writer, you've probably heard that writers should keep a writing journal. The first time I kept a real writing journal was in my freshman English class in college, so since it's

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Grammar Girl here. Todays topic is taking care of clichs. Guest writer Sal Glynn writes, clichs can be a writers worst enemy, and the reader usually doesnt like clichs much either. Writers from Jonathan Swift to George Orwell have ranted against the

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(211) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

PEOPLE IN AMERICA - Writer Dorothy West: Last Living Member of the Harlem Renaissance By Doreen Baingana Broadcast: Sunday, September 11, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And I

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 People in America

PEOPLE IN AMERICA - Great Writers: Flannery O'Connor Told of Small-Town Life in the South By Richard Thorman Broadcast: Sunday, July 10, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And I'

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 People in America

VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with the Special English Program, PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Every week, we tell about a person who played an important part in the history and culture of the United States. Today, we tell abou

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(八)月

BARBARA KLEIN: Im Barbara Klein. STEVE EMBER: And I'm Steve Ember with PEOPLE IN AMERICA in VOA Special English. Today we tell about writer Ralph Ellison and his famous novel Invisible Man. The book is about a nameless black mans search for his ident

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(九)月

A: I can't make my appointment and need to make another one. B: That's OK, we can reschedule it if you tell me what day works for you. A: Friday, Saturday, or Sunday would be good for me. B: I can give you Friday; would you prefer ten or eleven? A: T

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-工作

A: I was wondering if I could reschedule my appointment to a later date? B: OK, just tell me what day would be best for your appointment. A: Wednesday or Thursday would be perfect. B: Thursday is available; would ten or eleven be best? A: I would lov

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-工作

The growing demand for illustrated books here in China is being viewed as a growing opportunity for publishers, writers and artists in China. CRI's Zhang Ru explains. The history of picture books, which combine visual and verbal narratives, can be tr

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦

Foreigners interested in Realistic Contemporary Children's Fiction Experts on children's literature say Chinese authors should focus on more realistic works of fiction as writers in the country garner increasing international attention. Zhang Mingzho

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

In 1966, the co-winner of the TV Record Festival was Chico Buarque, who became an instant star with A Banda. Buarque was praised by traditionalists as the heir to the great samba cancao writers of the 1930s, who would become a symbol of resistance to

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2012年

Institute Seeks to Bring International Writers to Wider Audience 文学学会向更多读者推荐世界作家 The International Institute of Modern Letters is bringing the works of contemporary write

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(上)--文化教育动态

'The Fire This Time': A New Generation Of Writers On Race In America AUDIE CORNISH, HOST: In 1963, James Baldwin gave voice to the black American experience of his generation in his essay collection The Fire Next Time. Writer Jesmyn Ward first read t

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. Im Liz Waid. Voice 2 And Im Ryan Geertsma. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 In 1996, a British woman finished

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight