Shakespeare is above all writers, at least above all modern writers, the poet of nature; the poet that holds up to his readers a faithful mirror of manners and of life. His characters are not modified by the customs of particular places, unpractised

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语名著名段背诵精华

Western Students Outsource Work to Kenyan Writers 西方学生将作业外包给肯尼亚作家 NAIROBI On the University of Nairobi campus, talent is on sale. Signs advertise for researchers or online writers code words for those writing essays for

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(二月)

Writers Kick-start Career with Print-on-Demand On a recent Sunday afternoon, there was a steady stream of visitors to a house in Alexandria, Virginia, where John Saul signed copies of his first published book, Candle in the Window. It is a collection

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(六月)

This is the VOA Special English Economics Report. The book industry is trying to get a good read on its future. These days, instead of turning paper pages, many readers reach for handheld devices. These electronic readers not only store books to sho

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(七)月

Great Writers: Flannery O'Connor Told of Small-Town Life in the South Written by Richard Thorman (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And I'm Ray Freeman with the VOA Special English program, People in America. Today, we tell about wri

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Writer Dorothy West: Last Living Member of Harlem Renaissance Written by Doreen Baingana (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with the Special English Program, PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Every week, we tell about a person w

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

The world knows a great deal about apartheid. It knows it as a repressive political system which denies political representation to 14,000,000 South Africans because they are not white; it knows it as a divisive social system which keeps people apart

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

by Mignon Fogarty Today's topic is style guides. It's true that when it comes to grammar there are a lot of hard and fast rules; but it's also true that there are hundreds, maybe thousands, of issues that are dictated by style. I know it would be so

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Grammar Girl here. In todays episode were going to answer some bizarre and puzzling questions: Can two people share a life? Can two writers share a neck? How many heads does a person have? How many wives do certain men have? Today's guest-writer, Bon

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Creative New Zealand wants to make changes. At the moment, Creative New Zealand has four organisations: the Arts Council, the Arts Board, Te Waka Toi, and the Pacific Arts Committee. Together these organisations have 55 staff including 28 directors.

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

VOICE ONE: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: More than one hundred thousand visitors attended the festival on the National Mall And I'm Barbara Klein. Today we tell about the National Book Festival in Was

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(十)月

People in America - Stephen Vincent Benet, 1898-1943: One of Americas Most Popular Writers of the 1900s SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: People in America -- a program in Special English by the Voice of America. Each week at this time, we bring you a story about pe

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(二)月

Francine Prose's 'Mister Monkey' Novel Inspired By Her Granddaughter's Cheeky Comment play pause stop mute unmute max volume 00:0006:42repeat repeat off Update Required To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台11月

Italian Journalist Sets Out To Unmask True Identity Of Author Elena Ferrante play pause stop mute unmute max volume 00:0000:00repeat repeat off Update Required To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or updat

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

LULU GARCIA-NAVARRO, HOST: Geneva Robertson-Dworet is one of the rarest things in Hollywood - a female superhero screenwriter. Her resume includes Tomb Raider and the upcoming Captain Marvel. She's a breakout success in a billion-dollar industry that

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台9月

He works at the grocery store. He is the manager. He has a different uniform from his coworkers. His is red. His coworkers' uniforms are blue. He makes sure everyone is doing their job. He tells them how to do better. He goes around the store. He ask

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第2级听力-English Level 2

By Katherine Cole Washington 12 March 2007 From weekend sports clubs and service organizations to college alumni groups and professional societies, thousands of associations currently exist in the U.S. The Folk Alliance is an organization for those

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(三月)

By Kevin Billinghurst Stockholm 11 October 2007 In Stockholm, the Swedish Academy has chosen the British author Doris Lessing for the 2007 Nobel Prize in Literature. Kevin Billinghurst is in the Swedish capital. The selection of Doris Lessing for a N

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA常速英语(十月)

LOS ANGELES, Jan. 4 (Xinhua) -- Writers of films including Zero Dark Thirty, Lincoln and Argo were named as nominees in contention for top honors to be bestowed by the Writers Guild of America (WGA), the WGA, West and WGA, East announced on Friday. Z

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(281) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Lesson 177 No Longer 1. He no longer works in the factory. 2. I no longer like popular music. 3. The old man is no longer alive. 4. I will no longer write about love stories. 5. I no longer find it hard to talk in English. 6. He no longer likes playi

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 辛沛沛口语初级版