Narrator: C. Spell correctly the names of the following persons associated with Wales: i. Athelstan - (Anglo-Saxon king of England, reluctantly accepted by the Welsh kings as their leader, so that they could be saved from the Viking invaders) ii. Owa

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 202 Useful Exercises for IELTS

这个模板的中文大意是:在某种场合,发生某种现象,并提供一些相关数据,然后列出这种现象的三个原因,并将三个原因总结为一个最主要原因,最后提出避免这种现象的两个办法。总的来

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语四级作文范文

PEOPLE IN AMERICA -November 17, 2002: Walt Whitman, Part 1 By Richard Thorman VOICE 1: This is Shirley Griffith. VOICE 2: And this is Rich Kleinfeldt with the VOA Special English program, People in Am

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 People in America

AS IT IS - How art and society connect From VOA Learning English, welcome to AS IT IS! AS IT IS --- our new magazine show in Special English. Today and in the days to come, we will be expanding on major world events and reporting on issues that conce

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(二)月

So I know TED is about a lot of things that are big, but I want to talk to you about something very small. So small, it's a single word. The word is misfit. It's one of my favorite words, because it's so literal. I mean, it's a person who sort of mis

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

I'm Naamua Delaney at the CNN Center in Atlanta. Here's a look at what's happening NOW IN THE NEWS. It's still unclear how movie star Heath Ledger died. The New York medical examiner says the initial autopsy results are inconclusive. The Australian-

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2008年(一)月

The Seeds of Wrath The world knows a great deal about apartheid. It knows it as a repressive political system which denies political representation to 14,000,000 South Africans because they are not wh

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

Grammar Girl here. It's a rare bonus episode! Today's topics are generating story ideas and overcoming writers block. Matt from College Park wrote in saying that the podcast has helped his writing, and now his only problem is finding something to wri

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Todd: OK, Jeff, you're a writer. Jeff: A little bit. Todd: OK. Jeff: Hobby! Todd: OK. Talk about writing. Jeff: I write, I think you... writers write about what they know. So, and I don't know much so...so it's difficult, difficult to be a writer. No

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

What Is the US Senate? The Senate is one of the two parts of the United States Congress, the legislature that makes the countrys laws. The Congress has two parts because the men who wrote the U.S. Constitution could not agree on details of the new fo

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

VOICE ONE: Im Mary Tillotson. VOICE TWO: And Im Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program, PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Today, we tell about writer Langston Hughes, who has been called the poet voice of African-Americans. (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Langston Hug

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(四)月

AS IT IS 2015-07-14 Australia Develops New Technology to Fight Graffiti 澳大利亚开发新技术对抗涂鸦 Cities throughout the world spend a lot of money fighting graffiti. Graffiti writers leave their mark in public places, often on walls or

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Everyday Grammar: Problems with Pronouns and Gender 每日语法:代词和词性的问题 When I was on the train yesterday, I heard someone say this: Someone left their bag on the train. Can you find anything wrong with the sentence? If you looked i

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(五)月

AS IT IS 2016-05-22 Bangladeshi Publisher Wins US-based Award for Courage 孟加拉国出版商赢得美国勇气奖 A publisher from Dhaka, Bangladesh received an award for courage from a group of American publishers. This week, the Shuddhashar Publ

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(五)月

AS IT IS 2016-04-20 Vietnamese Immigrant's First Book Wins Pulitzer Prize 越南移民的第一本书赢得普利策奖 A first-time novelist, Viet Thanh Nguyen, has won the 2016 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction. He won the prize for his book, The Sympathi

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(四)月

A: Are you aware of the reason why I pulled you over? B: No, sir. A: I pulled you over because your brake light is out. B: I'm sorry. I did not know that. A: I have to write you a ticket. B: Can't you give me a warning? A: I'm not going to be able to

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-犯罪

Tens of thousands of swans are spending their winter in Chinas Rongcheng in Shandong Province, making it Asias largest wintering ground for swans. 数千只天鹅正在中国山东省蓉城过冬,这也成为亚洲最大的天鹅越冬地。 These

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2013年03月

Hello everyone. I'm Asieh Namdar at the CNN.com newsroom in Atlanta. Here is a look at what's happening NOW IN THE NEWS. Voters in four more states are choosing the person they want to be their party's presidential nominee. Both parties are caucusin

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2008年(二)月

1. Try to Be a True Writer 1. 努力成为一名真正的作家 No writer who knows the great writers who did not receive the Prize can accept it other than with humility. 没有一个作家,当他知道在他以前不少伟大的作家并没有获得

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 历史英雄名人演讲

13.爱好 ★ 范文 My Hobby I am a 15-year-old student in junior Grade 3. Though I am occupied with my study, I would like to spend time on my hobbies, such as playing the piano, surfing the Internet. One of my favorite hobbies is reading. Reading

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(153) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文