SECTION 4: LISTENING TEST (30 minutes) Part A: Note-taking and Gap-filling Directions: In this part of the test you will hear a short talk. You will hear the talk only once. While listening to the tal

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 高级口译真题及答案

Science fiction is definitely not pure science, but neither is it pure fiction. This literary genre, argues science fiction writer Ben Bova, stands as a bridge between science and fiction, between reason and emotion. Moreover, science fiction is not

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

I have known very few writers, but those I have known, and whom I respected,confess at once that they have little idea where they arc going when they first set pen to paper. They have a character, perhaps two, they are in that condition of eager dis

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(448) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语第四册

Late Zimbabwean Writer Remembered 纪念已故的津巴布韦作家 The death in Norway last month of Zimbabwe writer and activist Chenjerai Hove rocked the African literary world. Hove, who was 59, went into exile in 2001. He had been a critic of th

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(八月)

Lu Xun is my favourite writer. He is one of the most famous writers in China. He wrote a lot of literary works. He was thin and not tall. He always wore a long old coat in that time. At first, he wanted to be a doctor and save peoples lives. So he le

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. Im Liz Waid. Voice 2 And Im Ryan Geertsma. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 In 1996, a British woman finished

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

I couldnt live in the city. I love the outdoor life. It is a hard life, but I never missed a single day's worked through it and I am 69 years old. With a new truck, I have a big more time on my hands. But I still get up at five oclock very morning an

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 流畅说英语口语教程

Falling in love needs effort. It happens very rarely that a relationship works without it. Never show it once in a blue moon. Or else you'll regret in the end. 恋爱需要彼此的付出 没有努力和付出 爱情很难维系长久 爱的表达绝对

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 瞬间秒杀听力

Falling in love needs effort. It happens very rarely that a relationship works without it. Never show it once in a blue moon. Or else you'll regret in the end. 恋爱需要彼此的付出 没有努力和付出 爱情很难维系长久 爱的表达绝对

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 瞬间秒杀听力

We New Zealanders regard ourselves as practical sports-loving people but we are also dreamers, writers and prolific readers. This is the beginning of the speech made by Deputy Prime Minister Bill English, at the Frankfurt Book Fair in Germany last we

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Today, Julie Wildhaber, who trains writers and editors at Yahoo!, will explain what it means when people tell writers to find their voice, and also how to understand the difference between voice and tone in writing. What Is a Writing Voice? Voice is

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

ghost writer spooky 大家都知道作家就是写书的人。作家在英文里就是writer。那么你知道什么是ghost writer吗? Ghost就是

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

PEOPLE IN AMERICA - May 12, 2002: Dorothy West By Doreen Baingana VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with the Special English Program, PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Every week, we te

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(141) / 评论(0) 分类 People in America

BOB DOUGHTY: Welcome to THE MAKING OF A NATION American history in VOA Special English. There were many changes in the social customs and day-to-day life of millions of Americans during the administration of President Calvin Coolidge. Many young peop

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(一)月

CAIRO, Jan. 23 (Xinhua) -- As part of bilateral efforts to enhance cultural cooperation(合作) between the two great civilizations, China, as the Guest of Honor, will participate in the 43rd Cairo International Book Fair in Egypt. An outstanding

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Hi, I'm Jill Dobson, and this is Fox News' Food Fight where we sink our feed into the juiciest entertainment story. I am Mike Straka on the menu today, Wacko Jacko gets sued by a prince. For our main course, Don Imus heading back to radio, wonder wh

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录

I get to meet lots of people. 我可以有机会遇到很多人。 get to.. 有机会做某事 Do you get to see him often? 你有机会经常见到他吗? They get to stay in nice hotels. 他们有机会住在很好的酒店。 A:How do you like y

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 跟艾米莉一起学口语

BEIJING, April 11 (Xinhua) -- Chinese music writers are enraged over a draft amendment to the copyright law as they believe it would diminish their professional rights if passed. However, legal experts suggest the writers misunderstand the draft and

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Dad:Time to go. Eep:No! I have too much to say to you.I need to fix everything, and I don't have time. Dad: I can fix it. Eep: This works good. What do you call it? Dad: I was thinking of calling it a 'hug',because it rhymes with Grug.But you can cha

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

Rachel: (on phone) Hi, Mindy. Hi, it-it's Rachel. Yeah, I'm fine. I-I saw Barry today. Oh, yeah, yeah he-he told me. No, no, it's okay. I hope you two are very happy, I really do. Oh, oh, and Mind, y'know, if-if everything works out, and you guys end

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音