This is the VOA Special English Education Report. Public schools in the United States have to be neutral about religion, even though they close for holidays like Christmas. The Constitution separates religion from government. Researcher Charles Hayne

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(十二)月

NATO is playing a major role in helping Libyan rebels trying to track down Muammar Gaddafi, landing reconnaissance and intelligence assets. But Gaddafi loyalists continued to put up fight in pockets of the capital Tripoli and in his hometown of Sirte

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

Lesson 70 New words and expressions: 1. bullfight During a bullfight, a drunkard suddenly wandered into the middle of the ring. Spain is famous for its bullfights. Many of Hemingways heroes love bullfighting. 2. drunk / drunkard Her husband was a dru

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(494) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语词汇随身听手册2

21. I was unaware of the critical points involved, so my choice was quite_______. A. arbitrary B. rational C. serene D. unpredictable arbitrary arbitrary 主观的,武断的 empiric 主观的,凭经

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(142) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方赵丽词汇课堂

He was like his old self. He hardly looked at her on the drive, even when they were stalled for more than five minutes in one spot. At the hotel he was excessively polite. When he behaved this way she liked him even less; they all had to pretend this

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

[00:00.31]15.The Most Beautiful Flower [00:04.34]The park bench was deserted as I sat down to read beneath the long, straggly branches of an old willow tree. [00:13.05]Disillusioned by life with good reason to frown, for the world was intent on dragg

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 温馨夜读II

14.Speech by Mohamed Elbarade 14.国际原子能机构干事巴拉迪的演讲 Fifteen years ago, when the Cold War ended, many of us hoped for a new world order to emerge. A world order rooted in human solidarity, a world order that would be equitab

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 历史英雄名人演讲

Why Are Maps Drawn with North at the Top? Now it is hard to visualize a map that does not feature north at the top, but this was not always so. The oldest known map in the accepted sense of the word w

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

I have never encountered such s in a book by a professional, Fortey wrote later. 一位专业人员在书里竟然如此怒气冲冲,我可从来没有碰到过,福泰后来写道, The casual reader of The Crucible of Creation, unaware of the h

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

Rise Above The Ashes Around You The greatest high in life is when u fall in love. Love, well u cannot snatch it, lock it or create it. It should come from within you. Being in love is an experience and only if u go through it u will know the intrica

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽英文

They arrived, flushed and breathless, to find Jon seated on the sill, one leg drawn up languidly to his chin. 等她气喘吁吁地跑到目的地,却发现琼恩已经靠坐在窗棂上,一只脚无精打采地翘起顶着下巴。 He was watchi

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

Did you see The Simpsons episode where Homer makes a toast to alcohol?: To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of lifes problems. There are a few reasons why we might find this funny. First theres the inherently ridiculous contradictionthe re

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十)月

The palm-forward V sign, formed by raising and spreading the first two fingers, has three different meanings in American culture. 手势 V掌 心向外, 竖起食指和中指, 并向两边展开, 这样就构成了一个V 形手势。V形手势在美国

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英美文化

通常情况下,做好翻译不仅得忠于原文和作者意图,而且得做到准确,让人容易理解.但是总有那么些翻译,让人哭笑不得.他们被称为神翻译下面就让大家为盘点一下中国饭馆的那些神翻译. If Miche

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口译

Hence the laughter of the women to whom he made proposals, the practical joking of his equals among the men. 因此他追求的女人嘲笑他;跟他同级的男人拿他恶作剧。 The mockery made him feel an outsider; and feeling an outsider he

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

He strolls on, braying, blissfully unaware, with his wallet in his left back pocket. He has a large gut but almost no backside, and his wallet is pretty much aching for me to take it. I amble along behind them. Henry has a clear view as I deftly inse

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 时间旅行者的妻子

A Bird came down the Walk - He did not know I saw - He bit an Angleworm in halves And ate the fellow, raw, And then he drank a Dew From a convenient Grass - And then hopped sidewise to the Wall To let a Beetle pass - He glanced with rapid eyes That h

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

Science and technology 科学技术 Medical devices 医疗设备 Inhaling information 有关吸入器的吸入信息 How to collect data on asthma while, at the same time, treating it 在处置哮喘的同时如何收集哮喘数据 IN 1985 and 1986

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

The palm-forward V sign, formed by raising and spreading the first two fingers, has three different meanings in American culture. 手势 V掌 心向外, 竖起食指和中指, 并向两边展开, 这样就构成了一个V 形手势。V形手势在美国

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

BEIJING, Sep. 13 (Xinhuanet) --Experts have called for a national drug-control system after a nationwide deficit of a life-saving drug, which has lasted at least three months. Doctors at a Beijing hospital said some specialized hospitals, which perfo

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻