Every culture has its own superstitions1, which are about mysterious events and powers that cannot be seen. Luck and omens2 are the most common superstitions. These beliefs were formed because people didn't have modern science to understand the world

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 常春藤生活英语

Many people believe the full moon affects how we feel and act. They say people do crazy things, get into more accidents, and even can't sleep. These ideas come from folklore and are found in many cultures. More crimes, deaths, and births are also sup

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 常春藤生活英语

Do you think well find the mine by lunchtime? Benny asked Violet. She clambered over a rock in the trail, then held out her hand for her brother. I doubt it, Benny, Violet said. Luis said some people spend their whole lives looking for the mine. Ahea

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 52 The Mystery of the Lost Min

[00:55.82]There are some fish that cannot be caught. 有些鱼人们抓不到 [01:01.94]It's not that they're faster or stronger than other fish. 不是因为他们壮硕敏捷 [01:03.02]They're just touched by something extra. 而是因为他们拥有

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(131) / 评论(0) 分类 听电影学英语-大鱼

And truly, it was a fault of no ordinary magnitude, that sometimes they did persecute. 真实的情形是,这是一个重大错误,他们有时确实在迫害。 But let him whose ancestors were not ten times more guilty, cast the first stone, an

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第六册

That's news to me. 对我来说可是新鲜事 I've never heard of that. 我从没听说过 I did not know that. 我不太了解 I had not been informed of that. 我没有被通知这件事 想要开始怎么说? Let's start. 开始吧 Let's get st

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 美国人这样说英语

[00:00.00]Do Lucky NumbersReally Bring Good Luc [00:04.31]Some peple say that some numbers will bring them good luck [00:08.62]take 8 for exampl [00:11.34]The Chinese pronunciation of the number8has almost the same sound as that of the chinese charac

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语六级听力练习集锦

Boy, it sure gets dark out here, Benny commented as he reached for a handful of popcorn. Quiet, too, said Jessie. Then she added with a laugh, Except for Bennys chewing! The Aldens had just finished taking turns showering in the RVs tiny bathroom. No

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(218) / 评论(0) 分类 52 The Mystery of the Lost Min

影片对白 Becky: So then what happened? Annie: So then I left, obviously. Becky: You were standing in the middle of a street? Annie: You know that dream where you're walking down the street naked and everyone is looking at you? Becky: I love that dre

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英语

Now, the VOA Learning English program Words and Their Stories. On this program we explore words and expressions in American English. Today, we take another trip to the exciting world of live theater. For many performers -- dancers, singers and actors

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

1. A lawyer for one of the terror suspects in Canada says his client is accused of wanting to behead the prime minister. 15 of the suspects accused of plotting a massive terror attack in southern Onta

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2006

In honor of its 50th anniversary, Motown Records, the label that produced some of the greatest soul music of all time, has released an album of fan favorites. Below are the Top 10 fan-voted hits from Motown 50 Fanthology. Doug Levine | Washington 16

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

Topic 1-Universities in East China not encouraged to attract talents from universities in West China Chinese Minister of Education calls for universities in east China not to poach talented teachers or scholars from universities in mid-western region

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

stride v. 大步前进 解析:march v. (行军)走 pace v.行走,急走 walk v.随意地走 promenade v.散步 wade v.涉水走 strip v. 剥,剥去,除去 同义词:remove v.开除,移动 stripe n

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

Primitive peoples believe that hair, nail clippings, and lost teeth remain magically linked to the owner even after they have been disconnected from his body. As any voodoo artist will tell you, if yo

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

1. In Maine, the Republican Party is holding a caucus. So far, turnout is heavy. The votes help determine the state's 18 convention delegates. Republican caucuses will happen in about 410 towns across Maine. 2. Prayers for the president of the Mormo

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2008年(二)月

【原文】 American SuperstitionsMany of us already know about several American superstitions. Having a black cat cross your path, walking under a ladder, and breaking a mirror are all bad luck. In addition to these, there are many other superstiti

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

Don't cry snowman, not in front of me 雪人, 请别在我面前哭泣 Who'll catch your tears if you can't catch me darling 若你抓不住我,谁又能承受你的眼泪 If you can't catch me darling 若你无法将我抱紧 Don't cry snowman. Do

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

经常收到听众的要求,要我们用英语聊星座。今天就满足大家的愿望。而且,Spencer居然是个星座达人! 关键词: 星座英语有好多说法 Astrology, zodiac signs, horoscope, : 星座 但是用法不同: Astro

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀

Feng shui A: some Chinese people like to keep a bowl of gold fish in their office. They think this can bring good luck to dealing whit office politics and in their career. B: thats what we call feng shui, or geomancy. Some people think feng shui is s

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(132) / 评论(0) 分类 英语畅谈中国文化