316.Most Americans are Christianu. 大部分美国人是基督教徒。 317.I dont like going to church. 我不喜欢去教堂。 318.There are different religionsv all over the world. 世界上有很多不同的宗教。 319.Religion is important to many people. 对许多人来说,宗

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 新英语900句之生活篇

Lesson 22 Window in the Sea 海洋之窗 There has long been a superstition among mariners that porpoises will save drowning men by pushing them to the surface, or protect them from sharks by surrounding them in defensive formation. Marine Studio bio

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语85年上外美音版

来自中国的雇员Sue跟男同事Pete和女同事Julie一起去吃饭。三个人谈到了东西方的迷信。Sue说, S: What about walking under a ladder? What's wrong with that? J: You know, I'm not really sure! But it's probably a good idea

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Advice to Youth Being told I would be expected to talk here, I inquired what sort of talk I ought to make. They said it should be something suitable to youth-something didactic, instructive, or something in the nature of good advice. Very well. I ha

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语名著名段背诵精华

Many of us already know about several American superstitions. Having a black cat cross your path, walking under a ladder, and breaking a mirror are all bad luck. In addition to these, there are many other superstitions that are worth knowing. Underst

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

Nikos was an ordinary man. Nothing particularly good ever happened to him, nothing particularly bad ever happened to him. He went through life accepting the mixture of good things and bad things that happen to everyone. He never looked for any explan

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

AMERICAN MOSAIC - December 13, 2002: Julia Child's Kitchen / Music by Nirvana / Question from China About Superstitions (THEME) HOST: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC --VOA’s radio magazine in Special Eng

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 American Mosaic

By Claudia Blume Hong Kong 23 October 2006 Malaysia's renowned Feng Shui expert Lilian Too shows a mobile phone services offer her Feng Shui tips The ancient Chinese practice of arranging space to achieve harmony with the environment, called Feng Sh

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十月)

By Shilpi Jha / Niharika Acharya Washington, D.C. 03 January 2007 watch Ghost Tours Whether ghosts are fact or fiction hasn't stopped some entrepreneurs from cashing in on the public's fascination with these otherworldly apparitions. All across the

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(一月)

'War Witch' is Modern Tale of Horror in Film After rebels snatch her from her people, Komona is forced to become a child soldier. She is told: We are rebels. Respect your guns. They are your new mother and father. Komona is given magic milk from the

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(三月)

Topics: Retirement communities, American superstitions, fling vs. throw vs. toss Words: to retire retiree senior snow birds Sun Belt on purpose superstition an itch sidewalk crack rabbits foot to blow out candles

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

History is uncovered. It was a few days after the incident that Betsy Brompton came home from the hospital. The village was buzzing with rumors that she had lost her mind, or that she had made up the whole story. Anyone who knew Betsy didn't believe

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

By Liam Cochrane Kathmandu 07 July 2007 A girl who is considered a living goddess in Nepal has been demoted after a trip to the United States. Sujani Shakya, 10, was visiting America to publicize a documentary made about her, but the committee that a

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(七月)