Two Do you believe in palmistry? 你相信手相术吗? 1 Introduction A In America, thirteen is considered to be a superstitious number. So some buildings dont have the thirteenth floor, instead, they go from the twelfth to the fourteenth floor. Some hou

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 零距离美语会话

Lesson22 1.Adjourn v.延期 同:postpone The members of the club voted to adjourn their meeting until 5p.m. 2.Astonish v.使惊异 同:astound She was astonished to hear the news that she had won the first prize in the speech contest. 3.Attire v.穿衣

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(232) / 评论(0) 分类 社交美语

1. At the third stroke, the time sponsored by Accurist will be twelve one and fifty seconds. 2. The code for Didcot has been changed. Please dial 05938 and then the number. 3. In the train crash in India, three hundred and twenty-five people are fear

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 初级英语听力

VI. Further Listening and Speaking Task1: Horseshoes as a Sign of Good Luck Script Horseshoes are a traditional sign of good luck. Most people believe this comes from the fact that the horseshoe is shaped like the crescent moon, a period of prosperit

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 4

Task 2: Is it really bad luck? Script Are you worried because you have just broken a mirror? Some people believe that breaking a mirror is a (S1) terrible thing to do. They say it will bring you seven years of (S2) misfortune. The reason behind this

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 4

A big thing that I also think about is accidents. 我也时常想到意外。 And as I said, my mother did not believe in randomness. What is the nature of accidents? 如我所说,我母亲从不相信偶然。那意外又是什么? And how are w

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲设计篇

American Superstitions Many of us already know about several American superstitions. Having a black cat cross your path, walking under a ladder, and breaking a mirror are all bad luck. In addition to

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

Now, the VOA Learning English program Words and Their Stories. On this show, we explore American idioms and expressions. We try to help you understand common expressions and how to use them in everyday speech. You know, at times in life, things just

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Hands of angels, hidden from mortal eyes, shifted the scenery of the heavens; the glories of night dissolved into the glories of the dawn. 众天使们的手臂,躲藏在上帝摄人心魄的目光下,变幻着天堂的景色。夜晚的余晖消隐

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第六册

【讲解】: On the third day of the Chinese New Year, people usually dont go out for visiting, because this day is believed to be Chi Kou Ri (the day of red mouth). It is generally accepted that this day is not a good day to socialize or visit re

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说

托福写作要想拿高分,句型很关键。评分标准里面就专门有一条要求大家句型要多样,那其实英语句子一共就三种,简单句、并列句和复杂句。前两项我们不多说了, 复杂句里面各种从句我们

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语

Are different blood types really associated with different personality traits, or is it just superstition? 血型和个性真的有关系吗?或者只是一种迷信? [Text] Jill Wesson is hiring

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Uncommonly conscientious for a seaman, and endued with a deep natural reverence, the wild watery loneliness of his life did therefore strongly incline him to superstition; 他为人诚挚,有虔诚的信念和坚定不移的信心,海上既紧张又

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

immorality 不道德 hypocrisy/dishonesty虚伪 hypocritical/dishonest虚伪的,伪善的 deception/fraud/trickery/cheat/lie/betrayal/humbug/swindle/hoax/trick/mislead/coax/deceit/lie 欺骗,欺诈,哄骗 fiction/illusion/legend/tales/fantasy/m

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语

There was a time in my life I couldn't look at the sky A time so dark I couldn't see any light. Then, one day, you came and stopped all the pain But now, you're in that place, I want to take you away I know the sun will get through You're gonna let i

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

我们在练习英语的口语、翻译和写作时常常会遇到一些不确定的语法结构,这些误区会误导我们的英语学习,今天小编就为大家普及一下英语语法中的五大误区。 Image result for 看书 1. You cant

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

加油的英语不是fighting。今天我们教你英语里正确的加油说法。快听节目吧! 关键词: 最万用的是: Good luck! Best of luck! 没错,就这么简单。英语祝你好运连带有加油的意思; These are the most g

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀

as I bathed my hands among those soft, gentle globules of infiltrated tissues, woven almost within the hour; as they richly broke to my fingers, and discharged all their opulence, like fully ripe grapes their wine; as I snuffed up that uncontaminated

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Voice 1 Thank you for joining us for todays Spotlight program. Im Liz Waid. Voice 2 And Im Joshua Leo. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 Can

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

A staid, steadfast man, whose life for the most part was a telling pantomime of action, and not a tame chapter of sounds. 他是个坚定不移的人,他的生活大多是一种充满行动的有声有色的哑剧,而不是一种单调的字面记载。

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记