Henry set the box down gently beside the hole. Is it heavy? asked Benny excitedly. No, its not, said Henry. Whats inside? Benny asked. Well soon see. Reaching around in front, Henry carefully unlatched the top. Then he lifted the lid. Inside the box

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 100 The Mystery of the Haunted

Extreme Weather Having Effects Worldwide 恶劣天气在全球产生影响 We expect uncomfortably hot temperatures in midsummer, even violent weather in certain areas. But this year, North America ha

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(下)--环境科学探索

Ive used various techniques for goal setting throughout my career but after 30 years Ive determined that it really comes down to a simple three-step process. 在我的职业生涯中我用过各种方式来设定目标,但30后我(还是)决定把它

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 生活英语听力文章

Live By Design, Not Default 生活是走出来的,不是默认的 Goal setting is fundamental to any type of achievement. 设定目标是获得任何成功的基础。 If you want to live a life of purpose, setting goals will increase your odds of

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 生活英语听力文章

At the mall Jennifer: Wedding rings! Billy: Oh, no... Jennifer: Aren't they cool? I like the settings. Billy: Jen, is there someone you're not telling me about? Jennifer: No. I just like looking at wedding rings, OK? Billy: Women are such dreamers. J

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

14. MIND OVER MATTER 第十四章 精神胜于物质 He could drive well, when he kept the speed reasonable, I had to admit. 当他把速度保持在合理水平时,他确实可以开得很好,我不得不承认这一点。 Like so many things, i

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

Let's show the picture of the selfie. 放那张自拍照。 So, I started with Meryl and then everyone jumped in,开始我和梅尔斯特里普自拍,然后所有人都加进来了。 You can't see it but next to Jennifer Lawrrence that's Jared L

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 艾伦脱口秀

Why should not give up your dreams 坚持梦想的理由 Success is often just around the corner. If only you knew how close you were! If only you knew what an impact would be for one more phone call, one more interview, and just one more late night

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

186. Franklin's Prophecy. 186.富兰克林的预言 It was with a feeling of real relief that the delegates finally came to the end of their labors. 代表们带着真正的解脱感完成了他们的工作, As they were putting their names to th

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生历史

1. Where does the conversation most likely take place? A. in a college dormitory B. in a university classroom C. at the school's library 2. What year is the woman in college? A. second year B. third year C. fourth year 3. Which statement is NOT true

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 听英文对话做选择

This is the final episode in our three-part Business English Podcast series on pitching an idea to your colleagues. In the last episode, we saw how a manager presented an idea to her colleagues and persuaded them to take it seriously. She then defend

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 商务英语演讲课

Filled with more than 400 characters and over 1000 pages long, the Dream of the Red Chamber is one of the Four Greatest Classical Novels in Chinese literature. 红迷今夏何处去,大观园里走一遭 The story details the rise and fall of the ari

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 双语趣听精彩世界

Grammar Girl here. Today's topic is text messaging. Karel (pronounced Carl) from Toronto, Canada, asked if I think text messaging is affecting how people write in formal situations. Well, I know it is for some people because Mia tells me so in this n

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

April 18th, 1906A devastating earthquake strikes San Francisco, flattening buildings and setting off raging fires. Estimates of the final death toll range between three-thousand and six-thousand in one of the worst natural disasters ever to hit an Am

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2012年

April 18th, 1906A devastating earthquake strikes San Francisco, flattening buildings and setting off raging fires. Estimates of the final death toll range between three-thousand and six-thousand in one of the worst natural disasters ever to hit an Am

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2013年

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2014年

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2015年

Tom: I don't know what to do for my next holiday. Have you ever tried rafting? Joel: Yeah, actually. I was a camp counselor one time for this high school program and we did a week long rafting trip in Utah. I can't remember the name of the river, but

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

When Feeding Birds, Think Safety and Health Feeding birds is a popular way to watch wildlife during the winter months. But many bird experts say the experience is often more pleasant for people than for birds. And it might even put wild birds at risk

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(168) / 评论(0) 分类 2019年VOA慢速英语(二)月

Todd: So, Greg, I know that you travel a lot, so what do you do with your dog when you travel? Who takes care of your dog? Greg: Well, we have very good friends who love to have him. In fact, sometimes my friends offer before we go. They know we're g

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂