Do you know that an eagle knows when a storm is approaching long before it breaks? 你可知,早在风暴袭来之前,雄鹰就知道了风暴的临近? The eagle will fly to some high spot and wait for the winds to come。When the storm hits,

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英文励志文摘精选

ACT II Hello there, Robbie. 哈,Robbie。 What are you doing up this late? 这么晚了你还没睡在做什么? Reading. 读书。 Reading? 读书? At this hour? 在这个时候? Ah, come on,

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 走遍美国 Family Album U.S.A

Mini-parking spaces have been created at a kindergarten in Chongqing for children to park their bikes and buggies, reports huanqiu.com. The idea of setting up the mini-parking spaces came from teachers trying to avoid the kindergarteners creating hav

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

Jimmy因为天性腼腆,所以每逢社交活动,一律能推就推。同事Brad和Pam努力说服Jimmy, 因为social networking是事业发展一个不可缺少的环节。Pam说, P: You know, I'm not such a big fan of company events myself. I

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

The book as story 书的内容 characterization 描述 dialogue 对话 setting 环境 period 片段 description 描述 message 信息 plot 情节 The book as object 书的对象 cover 封面 jacket 护套 blurb 导语 review 评论 binding 关联

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 大忙人学社交口语

嘉宾:Debbie Mason 话题:Surfing ladies 爱上冲浪生活! 单词拼写: 1、Extraordinarily:tremendrously 2、Empowering:giving yourself a bit of self-confidence 3、Hooked:took a habit that you could never give up 重点俚语: 1、

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 聆听悦耳英音

More recent and disturbing history will be reviewed this week by a court in Oslo. While Anders Behring Breivik will present his own warped view of reality, victims and bereaved families will confront again the terror of what actually happened. To res

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

Task3: If only life could be like a computer! To get your daily exercise, just click on run! If you need a break from life, click on suspend. Hit any key to continue life when ready. To add/remove someone in your life, click settings. To improve your

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 1

Why is setting goals important? Because goals can help you do, be, and experience everything you want in life. Instead of just letting life happen to you, goals allow you to make your life happen. Welcome to Faith Radio Online-Simply to Relax, Im Fa

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 Faith轻松电台

Todd: So, Mark, I heard that you are going to be leaving Tokyo pretty soon. Mark: I am. I'm getting out of the city. Todd: Ah, man, so when you go back to America are you going to live in a big city like Atlanta or Birmingham? Mark: Well, I from Birm

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Goodnight to you (place one elbow on top of one hand and then lower the other hand to the other elbow, gesturing a setting sun, then point to the child) Goodnight to me (setting sun gesture, point to yourself) Now close your eyes (point to eyes) and

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 Super Simple Songs 唱唱跳跳学美语

AS IT IS 2016-06-02 Adele Tells Fan to Stop Filming Her Concert This is Whats Trending Today The British superstar Adele wants people to enjoy her live performances, and not videotape them. During a show last Sunday in Italy, Adele condemned someone

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(六)月

At the Stagedoor Manor summer camp theater, kids from all over the world put on 13 full-scale productions in three weeks. Among the many specialty summer camps in the U.S. are drama camps, where youngsters learn about theater and put on a play. There

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(八)月

Showing a visitor around 带领来宾参观 A: OK, so this is the main factory area. We're now walking past the printing machine. A:好,这是工厂主区。我们现在正经过印刷机。 It's printing in four colours at the moment. 当前能用四

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 职业技术英语口语

Voice 1 Hello. Im Marina Santee. Voice 2 And Im Elizabeth Lickiss. Welcome to Spotlight. This programme uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 Imagine you

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

April 18th,1906A devastating earthquake strikes San Francesco, flattening buildings and setting off raging fires. Estimates of the final death toll range between 3,000 and 6,000 in one of the worst natural disasters ever to hit an American city. 17

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2010年

Kara: So, Lupe, in your family setting, when you guys are having family get-togethers, you have a large family, do you normally speak English or Spanish or is it a mix, or how does it all work out at a party? Lupe: It's definitely a big mix, and as s

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

It was only this evening, after a busy day, that I realised that my phone had not rung all day. That is unusual. I checked my messages, and there were twelve! How come I hadn't heard the phone ring? I checked the setting, and it said 'silent'. Oh, gr

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

China's banking regulator has revealed plans to launch more pilot banks in an attempt to create more government-regulated fund companies. Shang Fulin is the chair of the China Banking Regulatory Commission. This act will help improve the social finan

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

今天我们要学的词 pledge。 Pledge, 是许诺,保证的意思。阿根廷第一夫人克里斯蒂娜.费尔南德斯.德.基什内尔成为阿根廷第一位民选女总统。She pledged to fight poverty and extend growth, 她保证要打击贫

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃