11 An Embarrassing Show The day of the school science fair had finally arrived, and Lisa was both nervous and excited. She couldn't wait to show off her volcano model at the fair. She might even win the first prize! As Lisa was setting up her volcano

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(297) / 评论(0) 分类 背诵为王第一册

1. The man suspected of setting a deadly wildfire in southern California is now facing murder and arson charges in the deaths of five firefighters. Raymond Lee Oyler was already under arrest on suspic

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2006

Chapter 2 The World Is Round, for I've Been Round It 第2章 世界是圆的,我围着它绕了一圈 Did you ever run away from home? 你曾离家出走过吗?我有过,有一次在我比你还小的时候。 I didonce upon a timewhen I was yo

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(135) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生世界地理教材

陈豪今天晚上要参加公司举行的正式晚宴。他想起在电影上看到的这种场合,桌上放满了刀叉。这些刀叉该怎么用?他决定去请教公司里的美籍华人Mary。 (Office ambience) C:Mary,今晚公司为美国

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 职场礼节英语

Examinations are an important part of every student's life. Students must,ther- fore, know how to deal with them. There are three important things a student must do to get ready for an exam. First, he

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(574) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄初级美国英语

At a village fair, I decided to visit a fortune-teller called Madam Bellinsky. I went into her tent and she told me to sit down. After I had given her some money,she looked into a crystal ball and sai

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(182) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语第二册

电影词典 Psycho 《精神病患者》 美国俚语 剧中:Your partner blow it . blow it 彻底搞砸 e.g. 1This is your last chance to make the team , don't blow it . 这是你最后一次机会进入球队,可别搞砸了。 2I blew my chan

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 听动感英语学口语

Jon walked outside. He wanted to buy new shoes. He crossed Sixth Avenue. Police were setting up metal barricades along the street. He asked a policewoman what the barricades were for. She said they were for a parade. What kind of parade? he asked. Sh

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Chapter 20 Pirate Seas 第20章 海盗的海洋 I was once on a train leaving Baltimore when a man asked me where I was going. I told him I was going to Baltimore. 我有一次坐火车正要离开巴尔的摩,这时一个男子问我到哪去。我告

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生世界地理教材

Task 3: Listening Effectively Through it is 50% of everyday communication, listening, it seems, is the least taught. Listening is more than just hearing: it requires understanding. In an educational setting, listening effectively is critical. Effecti

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 1

罗大佑那首广为传唱的《童年》的英文版:回到那懵懂童年,会和邻居家的 孩子 在小小的游戏里一争高下;回到那青涩过往,烛光晚会、海边沙滩就这样送出了自己的初吻;回到那刚出茅庐的岁月,初尝生活的艰辛,爸爸告诫说慢慢来直到有了自己的小家、有了孩子,多么想念我的

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(151) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

IN THE NEWS - The Mississippi River Floods Americas Heartland This is IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. The Mississippi River flows down the middle of the United States to the Gulf of Mexico. Right now, melted snow and heavy rains from the north ar

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(五)月

A: I am not sure what the asking price for my house should be. B: We have to take in a number of factors in setting an asking price. A: What do we need to consider in establishing an acceptable price for a home? B: The comparisons to other similar ho

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 卖房英语情景对话

Hello there, Robbie. 哈,Robbie。 What are you doing up this late? 这么晚了你还没睡在做什么? Reading. 读书。 Reading? 读书? At this hour? 在这个时候? Ah, come on, Robbie. 噢,算了吧,Robbie。 What are you doing u

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语杂谈

Today, we learnt that one woman is now a Dame and six men are Sir. Many other people will receive medals for community work. The award is not given for their paid job but for the voluntary work they have done. For more about the Honour awards, listen

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Jim和Emily是一家跨国公司从中国聘用的新雇员,公司人事部的Paula对他们进行文化差异的培训。Emily说, E: I know that we will be expected to chat and make small talk with our customers, but I'm worried I'm going to pu

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

Nick: You've lived in three different parts of the world, so is there any difference between each part in terms of physical contact? Cheryl: Yeah, I have lived in Hong Kong, Guam, and the U.S. Hong Kong is in Asia. Guam is in the middle of the Pacifi

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(145) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

创作才女Christina Perri全新专辑《Head Or Heart》来袭!她曾凭借一首《Jar Of Hearts》虏获了众多乐迷的心,一首《暮光之城》中的感人爱情见证曲《A Thousand Year》走红全球。她那充满磁性的嗓音,让

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

There's plenty more I could write to you, but at 17, I know you don't have the attention span to sit through 2,000 words. 我还有千言万语想对你说。但17岁,我知道你难以聚精会神的读2000字。 The next time I write to you, I ma

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 篮球英文堂

The top two players in the men's game would battle for the title, but this battle has been completely one-sided over the last couple of years as Novak Djokovic has dominated Andy Murray. The world number one winning 11-of their last 12 meetings and l

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年