Although it was autumn, the snow was already beginning to fall in Tibet. Our legs were so heavy and cold that they felt like blocks of ice. Have you ever seen snowmen ride bicycles? That's what we looked like! Along the way children dressed in long

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 高中一年级英语

Wake up, Violet, Jessie nudged her sister. Grandfather, look! Someone was inserting a key into the front door of the drugstore. And the person was too short to be Bob, the store owner. Grandfather picked up the walkie-talkie and said, Weve got someon

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 104 The Game Store Mystery

This is the VOA Special English Education Report. A new report says the number of foreign students in the United States reached a record high in two thousand eight. More than six hundred seventy thousand international students attended an American c

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(十一)月

-You can do a movie like A-Team, you could do a movie like the Hangover and it's assignable. -Right. -But you're carrying it. -Right. -So if this opens on the weekend, and this makes two and a half sense. People might say, oh, Bradley Cooper, did we

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2011年

Jim和Emily是一家跨国公司从中国聘用的新雇员,公司人事部的Paula对他们进行文化差异的培训。Emily说, E: I know that we will be expected to chat and make small talk with our customers, but I'm worried I'm going to pu

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

LANDMINES KILL OR BADLY INJURE around 26,000 people every year. That is one person every 20 minutes. What is worse is that they keep causing damage for decades after wars have ended. There are about 100 million landmines buried just beneath the surf

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(189) / 评论(0) 分类 高中二年级英语

Enzo Ferrari was born in 1898 and died in 1988. He made his name known all over the world for fast cars and motor racing. Ferrari was an Italian car driver and businessman. He founded the Scuderia Ferrari Grand Prix motor racing team. It became the m

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 各国名人英文介绍

To Fanny Keats, 23 June 1820. Friday Morning My dear Fanny; I had intended to delay seeing you till a Book which I am now publishing was out, expecting that to be he end of this Week when I would have brought it to Walthamstow: on receiving your lett

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(159) / 评论(0) 分类 济慈诗歌和书信选(英文版)

Sky Watchers Prepare For the 'Super Bowl' of Moons This is What's Trending Today. 这里是《今日热点》节目。 The moon is providing a rare triple treat this week. 本周,月亮将为人们演绎一次罕见的三部曲。 On Wednesday, muc

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(二)月

William: This is a very special dinner. Its not everyday that I have my bosses over for dinner. It has to be perfect. Martha: I know. Why do you think I took out our best china? Instead of worrying, why dont you help me set the table? William: Right.

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Teen pregnancy is tough, even in good times. But Nate Howell and his 16-year-old girlfriend are facing parenthood during an economic downturn. We met Nate last May as he graduated from Central High in Elkhart, an Indiana town hit hard by hard times.

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2010年

By Deborah Tate Washington 25 October 2006 U.S. Congressional Democrats say President Bush's policy on Iraq is in disarray. They renewed their calls on the administration to set a timetable to begin a phased withdrawal of U.S. troops. ----- Although

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十月)

By David Gollust State Department 24 July 2007 U.S. and Iranian diplomats, meeting in Baghdad for the second time in two months, agreed Tuesday to set up a joint subcommittee with Iraq on Iraqi security issues. But U.S. ambassador to Iraq, Ryan Crock

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(七月)

By Scott Stearns White House 01 May 2007 President Bush has vetoed more than $124 billion worth of funding for wars in Afghanistan and Iraq because the measure includes a timetable for the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq. VOA White House Correspo

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(五月)

RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: If President Trump's first year in office seemed chaotic from a staffing perspective, there's a reason for that. According to a new Brookings Institution report, turnover among top-level staff in the Trump White House set records

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

ARI SHAPIRO, HOST: The Washington Post reports this evening that President Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner, discussed with the Russian ambassador the possibility of having a secret direct channel to the Kremlin leading up to the inauguration. And T

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台5月

STEVE INSKEEP, HOST: Northern India has some of the worst air quality in the world. This month, pollution in the capital, New Delhi, hit 20 times what the World Health Organization considers safe. Make a list of the world's 10 most polluted cities an

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台11月

Todd: So, Conrad, you have a new business. Can you talk a little about your new business? Conrad: Sure, I have a small English language school called Conrad's English House here in Odawara, where we're sitting here, and by the way, thanks for helping

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Hello everyone, and welcome to the White House. For more than 200 years, this building has served as the Presidential residenceand office, a setting for so much of our history and a symbol of America to the rest of the world. 大家好,欢迎访问白

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻视频

By Scott Stearns White House 17 March 2007 U.S. President George Bush says he will veto an emergency spending bill for the war in Iraq, if Democrats, who control Congress, include conditions setting a timeline for the withdrawal of U.S. troops. Demo

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(三月)