name [(1) to appoint; (2) to nominate; (3) to give a name to; (4) a word by which a person, animal or thing is known or called] The Governor named him to be a justice on the state Supreme Court. (1) She said the President will name her to be an ambas

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语1500基础单词例句

20 Picking a Fight GLOSSARYWhat are you looking at? a phrase used when one feels defensive and thinksanother person is looking at oneself strangely, being critical or judgmental * What are you looking at? Every time I look up, youre staring at me. Yo

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之日常生活

Lesson One.We are going to practice the pronunciation of plural nouns. [00:-1.00]Notice there are three different pronunciations for the plural ending s.Listen. [00:-2.00]one drees tow dresses one skirt two skirts [00:-3.00]one sweater two sweaters [

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 洪恩环境英语

Her brother, sprawled out on his pillows beside her, never noticed. 她那斜卧在身旁枕头上的哥哥对此倒是浑然不觉, His mind was away across the narrow sea. We won't need his whole khalasar, Viserys said. 他的心思早飞到狭海彼

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

1. Churches around Virginia Tech were packed Sunday as students and residents turned to the pulpit for guidance and reassurance. Classes are set to resume at the university Monday, a full week after 32 people were killed by a gunman. 2. An air show

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(127) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2007

Todd: OK, hello, Hisa! Hisa: Hi, Todd. Todd: How are you doing? Hisa: Fine thanks, and you? Todd: I'm doing pretty good. Now Hisa, you were telling me that you have a concern about Japan. Hisa: Yes. Todd: And what is your concern? Hisa: It's vending

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

大多数形容词(性质形容词)和副词有比较级和最高级的变化,即原级、比较级和最高级,用来表示事物的等级差别。原级即形容词的原形,比较级和最高

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

今天我们要学的词是leftover。 Leftover, 是剩余的,残留的意思。万圣节过去了, I don't know what to do with all the leftover candy, 我真不知道怎么处理这么多剩下的糖果。美国的一名牙医表示,希望孩子

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

Here I come, creeping, creeping, everywhere; By the dusty roadside, 我来啦,到处爬呀,爬呀,沿着尘土飞扬的路边, On the sunny hillside,Close by the noisy brook, 爬上阳光灿烂的山坡,接近潺潺的小溪, In every sha

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第四册

Jo: Welcome to Real English from BBC Learning English. Helen: Hi 大家好。我是 Helen, 欢迎收听 BBC 的地道英语节目,希望在接下来的2分钟里,你能学到在字典中查不到的一些表达方式。 Jo: I'm Jo and today we ar

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

In the town where I was raised The clock ticks and the cattle graze Time passed with Amazing Grace Back where I come from Now you can lie on a riverbank Paint your name on a water tank Or miscount all the beers you drank Back where I come from Back

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

今天我们要学的词是bumpy road。 Bumpy road坎坷的道路。A bumpy road lies ahead for the U.S. auto industry, 美国汽车工业前途曲折。美国六月份失业率是9.5%。The current unemployment rate highlights the bumpy road to rec

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

今天我们要学的词是bumpy。 Bumpy颠簸的,困难重重的。美国全国企业经济学家协会的一项最新调查发现,More than 90 percent of economists predict the recession will end this year, although the recovery is likely to b

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

By Lisa Bryant Paris 02 November 2009 Negotiators from nearly 180 countries are meeting this week in Barcelona to narrow their differences over issues regarding climate change before a key December summit in Copenhagen. Climate change negotiators ar

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十一月)

The water is pouring down from the surface, 水流是从地表倾泻而来的 and I'm gonna try to follow it up and out of here. 我要跟着水流走以便找到出路 There's light ahead!Look, you see that? Look.Look over there. See it? 前面有亮光

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 荒野求生

Cars dominate cities. Spend some time walking around most cities and you'll find yourself pushed to narrow sidewalks, waiting for crosswalk lights. You'll find cyclists navigating really narrow strips of space. 汽车占据了各个城市。你花一点

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

The result is a small glass bottle with a narrow neck -- a shape reminiscent of traditional Japanese sake flasks. 最终的设计是一个有着细颈的小玻璃瓶,这款式会让人想起日本传统的清酒瓶。 学习重点: 1.narrow 狭窄的

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

Manny: Awesome! All this excitement, my heart is just going. Javier: Now, listen to me, you bring that with you when you come to visit me this summer. We'll go in a race car with my friend, And after that, maybe a bullfight. I know all these guys, th

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

Life is a moment in space 生命只是苍穹中的瞬间 When the dream is gone 当梦想离去消逝 It's a lonelier place 它成为更孤独的地方 I kiss the morning goodbye 我吻别清晨的时光 But down inside you know we never know why 但你

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

Ronald Reagan was the first actor ever elected president. Dozens of his Hollywood friends showed up for his inauguration. Even though Reagan had been governor of California, people in Washington still werent sure what to think. Did Ronald Reagan know

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 名人认知系列 Who Was