|▲ |1prodigy |n. |[C] a young person who has unusual and very noticeable abilities for their age |奇才;天才 || ||However, if a child could pick up the language merely by exposure he would be considered a real prodigy. |然而,如果一名儿童

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语读写教程词汇 第四册

1.The Middle Eastern Bazaar The Middle Eastern bazaar takes you back hundreds --- even thousands --- of years. The one I am thinking of particularly is entered by a Gothic - arched gateway of aged brick and stone. You pass from the heat and glare of

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(257) / 评论(0) 分类 高级英语 上

The sea was rough and half the passengers were seasick. 海面波涛汹涌,半数旅客晕船。 上句中的rough不是指粗糙的,而是形容海面波涛汹涌的。 seasick只晕船的; carsick指晕车的; airsick指晕机的。 It was a bu

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 蒋健棠英语实用句子

I would like to have a custom-made skirt. How long does it take to make an evening dress? What options do I have for fabric? Will you take my measurements? Whats the charge for the tailoring? What about your workmanship? Do you do alterations on clot

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语900句

I've been alone with you inside my mind And in my dreams i've kissed you lips A thousand times I sometimes see you Passing outside my door Hello! Is it me you've looking for ? I can see it in your eyes I can see it in your smile you're all i've ever

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 珍藏经典老歌

Follow Your Arrow - Kacey Musgraves If you save yourself for marriage You're a bore If you don't save yourself for marriage You're a whore-able person If you won't have a drink Then you're a prude But they'll call you a drunk As soon as you down the

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 舞曲狂欢

By Matt Steinglass Hanoi 21 May 2007 Vote counting is underway after millions of Vietnamese went to the polls Sunday to elect a new National Assembly. Although voters had a slightly wider choice than in previous elections, all candidates were vetted

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(五月)

Israel's Foreign Minister, Tzipi Livni, has won a narrow victory in the ruling centrist Kadima party's primary election, putting her on track to become Israel's first female Prime Minister in more than three decades. Ms. Livni will replace Ehud Olme

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(九月)

今天我们要学的词是leftover。 Leftover, 是剩余的,残留的意思。万圣节过去了, I don't know what to do with all the leftover candy, 我真不知道怎么处理这么多剩下的糖果。美国的一名牙医表示,希望孩子

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Food Chain Regulation Biologists who study natures food chain agree about the basic links in the chain: sunlight provides fuel for plants, plants are consumed by herbivores, and herbivores are eaten by carnivores. But researchers arent sure about all

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

Clerk: Can I help you find something? Alissa: Yes, Im looking for some dress shoes for work, something with a low heel. Clerk: Have you tried this brand? They make really comfortable shoes. This company makes several styles of dress shoes, including

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

We have been focusing all week/ on how to maintain a healthy heart and this morning we are talking about stress. Oh yeah, that bad word. There has been a lot of research connected with stress and heart disease, so it makes sense to do something about

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录

By Barry Wood Belgrade 04 February 2008 Incumbent president of Serbia Boris Tadic won Sunday's presidential election, defeating by a narrow margin a pro-Russian nationalist candidate. VOA's Barry Wood reports from Belgrade. Boris Tadic (l), 03 Feb 20

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(二月)

今天我们要学的词是bumpy road。 Bumpy road坎坷的道路。A bumpy road lies ahead for the U.S. auto industry, 美国汽车工业前途曲折。美国六月份失业率是9.5%。The current unemployment rate highlights the bumpy road to rec

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

By Robert Berger Jerusalem 10 September 2007 Israeli and Palestinian leaders have held a summit meeting in a bid to push the peace process forward. But while there are signs of progress, deep divisions remain. Robert Berger reports from the VOA burea

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(九月)

JERUSALEM, May 6 (Xinhua) -- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has managed to clinch a deal with the nationalist Jewish Home party late Wednesday night, securing a new ruling coalition with a tiny majority in the 120-member parliament. At a j

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2015年

Megaphones If you want to call to a friend half a block down a crowded street, you might cup your hands around your mouth to better aim your voice. Have you ever wondered why simple megaphonesamplify your voice so well? Actually, they work for two di

发表于:2019-03-09 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest