7.The Libido for the Ugly H. L. Mencken 1 On a Winter day some years ago, coming out of Pittsburgh on one of the expresses of the Pennsylvania Railroad, I rolled eastward for an hour through the coal and steel towns of Westmoreland county. It was fam

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(173) / 评论(0) 分类 高级英语 下

有声名著之双城记 Chapter05 CHAPTER V The Wine-shop A LARGE cask of wine had been dropped and broken, street. The accident had happened in getting it out of a cart; the cask had tumbled out with a run, the hoops had burst, and it lay on the sto

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 有声名著之双城记

导购口语: The shirt is one size smaller than that one. 这件衬衫比那件小一号。 Does this dress come in any other color or size? I think I need extra large size. 这件衣服有没有别的颜色和尺寸?我想我需要加大号的。

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 最In导购口语

导购口语: The tip is rather narrow. 鞋尖太窄了。 Shoes will stretch a bit with use. 鞋穿穿会撑大写的。 There must be a little space left at the tip. Otherwise I will feel it too tight. 鞋尖必须留点空隙才好,要不然我会

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 最In导购口语

英语学习笔记: narrow-minded 心胸狭窄的 Bear in mind that 记住... crossed ones mind 想起,想到过 slip ones mind 忘记,忘了 Never mind. 没关系。 Im not that kind of narrow-minded person. 我不是那种心胸狭窄的人。

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 早安英文

20. The three-fifths formula handed Jefferson his narrow victory in the presidential election of 1800 by inflating the votes of the southern states in the Electoral College. 【分析】简单句。句子主干为 The three-fifths formula handed Jeff

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语长难句讲解

Todd: OK, hello, Hisa! Hisa: Hi, Todd. Todd: How are you doing? Hisa: Fine thanks, and you? Todd: I'm doing pretty good. Hisa, you were telling me that you have a concern about Japan. Hisa: Yes. Todd: And what is your concern? Hisa: It's vending mach

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

这集的主题为什么叫作人模人样呢? 因为这一集要介绍的都是一些关于人的讲法. 这些用法可以用来介绍自己, 当然也可以用来形容他人. 其中有些蛮有趣的

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 小笨霖英语笔记

作文要求:出游的方式有很多种,有的人为了节省时间乘坐飞机,有的人选择较为舒适的火车,还有的人情愿乘坐拥挤的巴士。但你们有没有想过自行车旅行也是一种不错的方式呢! 参考范文:

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 四六级写作指导

In the middle of the forest wild He's kneeling in front of a pond so wide Staring into dark and silent waters He joins the stream taking the hand of other See how your brothers lay in waters If you just let them hide their tears [Chorus:] Shallow wat

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

3. Narrowing your criteria, for example, may work against you:Every time you answer a question you eliminate a possibility,says one expert. 【分析】句子主干为Narrowing your criteria ... may work against you。for example为插入语;冒号后

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语长难句讲解

听歌学英语:Morning Has Broken Morning Has Broken 破晓 -CAT STEVENS Morning has broken like the first morning. Blackbird has spoken like the first bird. Praise for the singing; praise for the morning; praise for them springing fresh from the wo

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

今天我们要学的词是bumpy。 Bumpy颠簸的,困难重重的。美国全国企业经济学家协会的一项最新调查发现,More than 90 percent of economists predict the recession will end this year, although the recovery is likely to b

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

In the town where I was raised The clock ticks and the cattle graze Time passed with Amazing Grace Back where I come from Now you can lie on a riverbank Paint your name on a water tank Or miscount all the beers you drank Back where I come from Back w

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

if i could reach the stars, pull one down for you shine it on my heart so u could see the truth that this love i hve inside is everything it seems but for now i find, its only in my dreams that i can change the world i would be your sunlight in your

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 节奏布鲁斯

Bad weather meant that oil could not be pumped out of the ship the Rena today. The waves were too high. Pumping the oil is slow work because the oil is cold and thick. The pipe from the Rena to the oil barge is nearly 200m long and quite narrow, 7.5c

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

mortgagee 承按人;承押人;受押人 mortgagee in possession 管有承按人 mortgagor 按揭人;抵押人 mother fund 母基金 Motor Insurers' Bureau of Hong Kong 香港汽车保险局 moto

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 财会英语

SHANGHAI, July 25 (Xinhua) -- Japan star Shinji Kagawa bagged his first goal for Manchester United here on Wednesday, inspiring the Red Devils to beat Shanghai Shenhua 1-0 at the Shanghai Stadium . Kagawa,who has joined from German champions Borussia

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

She looks for all the signs Checks your shirt when you get home to make sure She keeps an eye on your telephone Instead of asking you She asks everyone you're with and ends up In dark conclusion you're not alone She calls you up repeatedly Knows wher

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

政府召集有关专家开会商讨如何解决交通拥堵,大家各抒己见:一、私家车增多,应提高税收,控制数量。二、路况恶劣,应扩建道路。三、人车混行,应分道行驶。 For the sake/purpose of solvin

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(169) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文