文本: E - Edward Wannop P - Bobbie Pelham S - Sylvia Satterthwaite V - Valentine Wannop W - Mrs. Wannop S: Of course, he wants to make me suffer. What man wouldn't? I will make him realise his failure by living with him in perfect good humour. An

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

文本: Sylvia: I showed him your telegram. I want him to know that your condition to take me back is to have your son damned for all eternity. If it bothers you so much... Thank you. I saw Gerald Drake somewhere and I thought,What a brute! How wou

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

Pre-Listening Vocabulary rickety: old and not well maintained seismic: related to vibrations of the earth monitor: to observe canyon: a deep valley with steep cliffs at ones own risk: no other person or group will take responsibility if something bad

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 趣谈英语

剧情简介 本片讲述了伊拉克是怎样陷入战争、军阀统治、犯罪率暴增及无政府主义状态,以客观的角度向人们展示了自2003年秋天以后伊拉克所发生的事情 对话文本:(系普特网友整理,文本只包括旁白影评部分,不包括电影原声。) No End in Sight is a new documentary direct

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英语听力

By William Rogers Broadcast: January 23, 2005 ANNCR: People in America, a program in Special English on the Voice of America. (Theme) Today, Shep O'Neal and Warren Scheer finish the story of civil right's leader, Reverend Martin Luther King, Junior.

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

And I hope you've had as much fun as I've had. London is a fine finale for any European adventure. I've been visiting her for years and our relationship is thriving. People tell me,

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 雾都漫步

United States President Donald Trump signed an executive order Wednesday to end the process of separating children from families that have crossed into the country illegally. The executive order marks a major change for the president and his administ

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Broadcast: Apr 08, 2003 The World Health Organization has intensified efforts to eliminate the crippling disease polio in India following a dramatic increase in cases during the past year. Health offi

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(上)-国际时讯

卡朋特乐队(the Carpenters)是美国歌星理查德卡朋特和卡伦卡朋特兄妹二人组成的演唱组合,1970年代和1980年代初期风靡一时。卡朋特兄妹于1965年开始组织乐队,1969年11月15日,卡朋特乐队的单

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 经典英语爱情歌曲

THE MAKING OF A NATION - March 28, 2002: 1930s/Foreign Policy By David Jarmul VOICE 1: THE MAKING OF A NATION -- a program in Special English by the Voice of America. (Theme) I'm Shirley Griffith. Tod

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 The Making of a Nation

Malawi is scheduled to take over the rotating African Union presidency from Libya at an AU summit next week. But, delegates gathering for pre-summit sessions are expecting the unexpected from the outgoing president, Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi. Lib

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

Major rifts within the opposition have been cited as the biggest factor likely to thwart efforts by their leader Anwar Ibrahim to win control of government at the next election. Luke Hunt | Kota Kinabalu 20 December 2009 Major rifts within the opposi

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

Violent clashes between Palestinians and Israelis receive media attention worldwide, but peace builders and nonviolent movements on both sides are frequently invisible. That's why Ronit Avni, a Jewish American, founded Just Vision in 2003. The non-pr

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十一)月

Burma's Divided Rakhine Tests Old Friendships Before it burned down, Myo Thu Gyi village was home to 70 households of both Rakhine Buddhists and Rohingya Muslims. Village chief Oo Kyaw Aung says he lived and worked side-by-side with Rohingya. But, li

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十二月)

A: Do you know how to drive? B: I'm a great driver. A: Could you teach me how to drive? B: Have you gotten your learner's permit? A: Yes, I have my learner's permit. B: Have you ever been behind the wheel? A: I've only driven a car one time. B: You d

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-驾驶

我们上次讲了几个由end组成的习惯用语。今天要继续讲两个。第一个是: the short end of the stick。Stick是枝条或者棍子。从本世纪初开始美国人惯于把任何处于劣势的称为the short end。这可能来自拔

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(122) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

ARI SHAPIRO, HOST: Here's a sample of some of the titles on the New York Times best-sellers list for young adults - The Book of Dust, Renegades, War Cross. If you can't tell from the names, these books are all dystopian fiction. Elissa Nadworny of th

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台12月

【俚语】 be at a loose end 无所事事;闲着没事 近段时间很多人都过着忙忙碌碌的生活,不过你有没有过完成手头上所有事情后有那么一点点的空闲时间呢?当我们有空却不知道做些什么打发的时

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说

Premier Li Keqiang has made the comments while chairing the symposium on sustainable development at the UN General Assembly. The foundation of sustainable development is development. The core of development is growth, because without development and

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台

A: Whats going on? B: Things are fine with me. Whats going on with you? A: Would you help me? B: Help you with what? A: You do know Im getting ready to move, right? B: I remember you telling me. A: Do you mind helping me move in? B: I can help you wi

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语对话-租房