文本: Father: Damnable business. Do you want a pipe? --: Thank you, no. Father: There's a boy I'm putting through Eton. Gilbert Wannop's boy. --: Oh? Father: For old time's sake. Eton and then his father's old college. Nothing in writing. --: But

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

文本: C- Christopher Tietjens S- Sylvia Satterthwaite S: She died of a broken heart because I left you. C: No, she didn't. S: Then, it was because I asked you to take me back. C: My mother died from a medical condition, not a literary convention. S

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

By William Rogers Broadcast: January 16, 2005 ANNCR: People in America - a program in Special English on the Voice of America. Martin Luther King Jr. Civil Rights Activist (Theme) Today, Warren Scheer and Shep O'Neal begin the story of civil rights l

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Laura is my best friend. We are in the third grade. We do everything together. We walk to school together. We eat lunch together at school. Lauras mother gives her tuna sandwiches for lunch. My mother gives me peanut butter sandwiches for lunch. We s

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

The Deep End 暗夜摇篮曲 Ready for a moody film noir? The Deep End is set to entertain with its hallmarks of the genre: gritty characters, improbable plot twists, and lush visuals which earned it the award for Best Cinematography at this year's S

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

sweety的意思是糖果,在sweety发第一张合辑的时候,她们唱了一首歌,名字就叫《Sweety》。这首歌其中有一句歌词为:一字一句It's sweety。公司的人认为言言和乔乔长相可爱,声音甜美,正如Sw

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 流行英文歌曲

今天我们要学的词是legend。 Legend, 是传奇人物的意思。凡是在哪个领域内取得了超常业绩的人,都可以被称为 legend. A tennis legend, 是网球界的传奇人物;a jazz legend 是爵士乐的传奇人物。 不

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

A: Have you thought about what you might like to do this weekend? B: I have no idea. Do you have any ideas? A: If the weather stays nice, I'd like to go to the beach. B: That would be a good choice. The weather has been great for the beach! A: Why do

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 社交英语

when the night has come and the land is dark and the moon is the only light we'll see no, i won't be afraid no, i won't be afraid just as long as you stand stand by me so darling, darling, stand by me, oh, stand by me oh, stand, stand by me stand by

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 The Voice 美国好声音

oddball odds and ends 你们大概都知道,英文里有许多单字可以有好几种解释,有时使得学英语的人感到很糊涂,到底这个字是什么意思。就拿odd这个字来说吧

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

US lawmakers have approved a measure that would end the government's practice of annulling foreigners' applications for permanent residency when their American spouses die within the first two years of the marriage. Paige Kollock | New York 31 Decemb

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

Recycling Bin - End of Line, a New Beginning The recycle bin. It is often the last stop for empty containers. But for papers, plastics, cardboards and cans, it can mark the beginning of a journey thousands of kilometers long. As long as people keep t

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(六月)

BBC Learning English London Life Friendliness on the tube Yvonne:I'm Yvonne Archer and this is London Life from bbclearningenglish.com. Hello! In today's programme, we're talking about friendliness on London's tubes. Is there any? As you probably kn

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(188) / 评论(0) 分类 伦敦生活

DAVID GREENE, HOST: Few inventions in modern history have been as successful as plastic. It's in vehicles, building materials, most of our electronic devices. We wrap stuff in it. Maybe we even wear it. Now a research team has tallied up how much pla

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台7月

As the war neared the end of its second year, more than one hundred battles had been fought, with many thousands of men wounded and killed. And still, neither side was winning. In the North, it became harder and harder to find men who were willing to

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 名人认知系列 Who Was

2012 can be called a year of political change. Many countries including the United States, Russia, Japan and South Korea all held their general elections. As such, today's key words are general elections. CRI's Zheng Chenguang has more. And whether I

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

A: Hey, whats up? B: Everythings fine with me. How about you? A: I need your help. B: What do you need? A: Remember when I told you Im going to be moving? B: Yeah, I remember. A: Do you think you could help me move? B: Sure, that shouldnt be a proble

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语对话-租房

A: Hello, may I speak to Alice please? B: This is she. How's it going? A: I've been trying to call you all day. B: Sorry about that. I was cleaning up. A: It's okay. B: So what were you calling me about? A: Oh, I just wanted to see if you wanted to h

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 英语闲谈

A: Hey four-eyes! Whats up,man, how have you been? B: Not bad, just went to the mall and picked up some junk. Check out my new Adidas! A: Those are dope! You are gonna be getting mad props from the gang, man. Anyways, have you seen Betty lately? B: D

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

C- Christopher Tietjens S- Sylvia Satterthwaite M- Christophers mother M: Poor child, living likean orphan with his aunt Effie. C: Bear up, old girl. You'llbe near at hand now for Michael. M:Your wife has shamed you both. All of us. Someone: You will

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音