And now the VOA Learning English program, Words and Their Stories. This week we finish the three-part story Mystery at The Ice Castle Inn. You will learn not only the ending of the mystery but also more English expressions that deal with cold. At the

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(一)月

Friday, December 1st marks the 30th World AIDS Day. 这个周五的12月1日是第三十届世界艾滋病日。 One aim of the event is to show support for people living with HIV, the virus that causes Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome, or AIDS. A

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

Once upon a time in a small village lived four Brahmins named Satyanand, Vidhyanand, Dharmanand and Sivanand. They had grown up together to become good friends. Satyanand, Vidhyanand and Dharmanand were very knowledgeable. But Sivanand spent most of

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小短文

You close your eyes And hope that nothing gets through These walls are high Got it by a statue And you've been blind 'Cause it's yourself you consume But not this time No I won't let it eat you Wait, this is not the end It's where I began We are up a

发表于:2018-12-14 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

文本: C Christopher Tietjens S Sylvia Tietjens M Mrs. Satterthwaite --: Won't be long now, eh? --: No good asking me. Bertram says Asquith and Lord Grey never discuss war in Cabinet. Not in front of the children. The Cabinet talks about women. M:

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

How the Americans View Friendship Steve and Yaser first met in their chemistry class at an American university.Yaser was an international student from Jordon.He wanted to learn more about American culture and hoped that he and Steve would become

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语沙龙

On January 11, Norway became the first country to begin turning off signals from its FM radio network. The Norwegian stations will instead use only digital audio broadcasting, called DAB. FM, or frequency modulation, radio stations have been in opera

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(一)月

本集简介: 罗斯得知前妻(卡萝)有了身孕,于是同卡萝的同志伴侣苏珊一起,陪卡萝参加助产训练班。对窗的丑陋裸男买了局部健身器。罗斯和莫妮卡的父母来吃饭,莫妮卡再次感到巨大压力。

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 老友记(六人行)

A man handed a pair of slacks to the department-store clerk.

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(132) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

A friend walk in when the rest of the world walks out. 别人都走开的时候,朋友仍与你在一起。 Sometimes in life, 有时候在生活中, You find a special friend; 你会找到一个特别的朋友; Someone who changes your life ju

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 英语阅读理解

Sorry,thereisnotexttemporarily,Pleasehelptingroomtolookforit! 如果您能找到更好的听力原文,请发贴到 听力原文收集区 ,您将会获得10到30积分的奖励! Thankyou !

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(133) / 评论(0) 分类 美国加州科学教材California Science GK

Sorry,thereisnotexttemporarily,Pleasehelptingroomtolookforit! 如果您能找到更好的听力原文,请发贴到 听力原文收集区 ,您将会获得10到30积分的奖励! Thankyou !

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 美国加州科学教材California Science GK

英文歌曲:in the end--linkin park It starts with one thing I don't know why 现在 有件事 我不明白 为什么 It doesn't even matter How hard you try 不管你怎样努力都无济于事 Keep that in mind 我把它保存在记忆里 I desi

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 欧美绝对经典 U2

文本: C- Christopher Tietjens Mac- MacMaster C: When the war comes, it'll blow right through it, thank God! Mac: War is impossible, at any rate with this country in it. C: Is that what they said at your dinner with the Tories? In two years, round

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

NATO's operations against Moammar Gadhafi's forces began in March, with French and British airstrikes on Libyan army positions. And it was French warplanes that ultimately brought the mission to an end, bombing Gadhafi's convoy as it left his hometow

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

It starts with one thing 有件事从始至终 I don t know why 我从未明白过 It doesn t even matter 无论我如何挣扎努力 How hard you try 却没有一丝效果 Keep that in mind 在我脑海中 I designed this rhyme 只能铭记下这首疑

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

文本: C- Christopher Tietjens V- Valentine Wannop V: I say, sorry to spoil your shot. Go and see that they don't hurt Gertie. I've lost her. C: You've been demonstrating. V: Well, of course, we have, but you won't see a girl be manhandled. There

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

The United States is calling for the restoration of civilian authority in Mali, after soldiers on Thursday announced they have taken power in a coup d'tat. U.S. officials are reconsidering non-humanitarian assistance to Mali, following the takeover.

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

President Barack Obama announced on Friday that all U.S. troops will be withdrawn from Iraq by the end of this year. The announcement came after months of negotiations with the Iraqi government on extending a U.S. troop presence there. In a video con

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Why does the sun go on shining? / 太阳为何依然照耀 Why does the sea rush to shore? / 海浪为何拍打着岩岸 Don't they know it's the end of the world? / 难道它们不知道这是世界末日吗 'Cause you don't love me anymore / 因为你

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英乐时空