文本: C Christopher Tietjens S Sylvia Tietjens S: Why are they all in...? What's frightening them? They're all in a... panic. C: Up there, look. It's a fish eagle. Not even on duty. Listen, Sylvia, they're all living in cloud-cuckoo-land. I want

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

文本: E Edith Duchemin V Valentine Wannop D Reverend Duchemin --: I don't wish to come between a country parson albeit a gentleman of means, to say the least, and one, moreover, with a distinguished association with a great university... --: Brea

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

文本: S Sylvia B Brownlie S: There you are at last, Brownlie. B: Dash it, Sylvia, I don't know what you mean. I've been waiting ages. I said let's meet at the Ritz. S: Well, it's near the Ritz. Don't sulk or I'll be sorry I came at all. What shal

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

文本: V Valentine Wannop E Edith Duchemin C Christopher Tietjens G General Campion S Sylvia Tietjens V: I'm sorry. Oh... I'm so pointless. Everything's... Everything is so horrible. Beastliness everywhere and I live like an ant, but I thought at

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

文本: C- Christopher Tietjens S- Sylvia Satterthwaite M- Sylvia's mother F- Father Consett M: The whole world would understand exactly what we have managed to keep from it. C: You would not be the first landowner to give up a house in town in pro

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

You know, I just wanna say one brief thing about something the previous speaker said. I didn't wanna spend too much time on that 'cause I don't think it's important enough. But one thing is worth considering. He's the -- He's the nominal head of an

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 名人演讲

本杰明想寄一个包裹到上海去。他来到了邮局,那么究竟寄包裹需要什么程序呢?一起来看看吧! Postal clerk 1: Hello, may I help you? Benjamin: Yes, I'd like to have this parcel delivered to Shanghai. Postal clerk 1

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语大赢家上册

Plants Put the Bend in Rivers Studies in the journals Geology and Earth-Science Reviews reveal that ancient rivers were broad straight sheets of water. Colonization by plants changed the water flow. Adam Hinterthuer reports What was around the bend i

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

THE MAKING OF A NATION - James Garfield: Gunfire Ends a Presidency After Only Six Months By Frank Beardsley Broadcast: Thursday, September 29, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: THE MAKING OF A NATION -- a progr

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 The Making of a Nation

I stopped sending flowers to your apartment You said you aren't at home much anymore I stopped dropping by without an appointment Cause I'd hear laughter coming through your door Sometimes late at night you'll still call me Just before you close you

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

LOOSE LIPS AT LOOSE ENDS 我们讲过几个和 TIGHT 这个字有关的习惯用语。今天我们要讲两个由 LOOSE 这个字组成的习惯用语。 TIGHT 就是紧。而 LOOSE 刚好和紧相反

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

By David Gollust U.S. Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage is welcoming Friday's end of the three-week occupation of the Imam Ali Shrine in Najaf by Shi'ite militiamen as a great victory for Ira

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--新闻盘点

THE MAKING OF A NATION - American History: End of the New Deal STEVE EMBER: Welcome to THE MAKING OF A NATION American history in VOA Special English. By the middle of the nineteen thirties, America seemed to be moving out of the worst depression in

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(四)月

The multicultural cast of Lost inspired other television shows to use more diverse actors as well. This past weekend, one of American TV's most successful prime-time dramatic series came to an end More than 20 million people watched the finale of ABC

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(五)月

President Barack Obama hosts an iftar dinner, the meal that breaks the dawn-to-dusk fast for Muslims during the holy month of Ramadan, in the State Dining Room at the White House in Washington, 13 Aug 2010 U.S. President Barack Obama's support for an

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(八)月

Mobilizing to End Child Hunger Ending child hunger is the goal of a meeting here in Washington Monday. Government officials, nutrition and health experts and members of civil society from around the world are promoting the 1,000 Days Partnership. The

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(六月)

Mayan End of World Prediction Explored in Film In recent years, the idea that the world will end on December 21, 2012 has gained attention and spawned thousands of web sites, blogs, books and even a Hollywood movie. Although scientists generally dism

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(五月)

US to Send Missile Defenses to Guam As the rhetoric from the North has become louder, so have the warnings from U.S. military leaders that they are prepared to respond to any action from Pyongyang against the United States and its allies. The Pentago

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(四月)

Calls Grow For An End to Sexual Assaults in US Military More women are on active military duty than ever before. And as their numbers grow, so do the reports of sexual assaults. Calls to do something about it are growing. So not only is it a crime, n

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(五月)

Egyptians Wonder When, If, Mubarak Case Will End Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak is set to appear in court again June 8, as the case against him grinds slowly on. His retrial on charges he was complicit in the murder of protesters during the

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(五月)