C- Christopher Tietjens V- Valentine Wannop V: Where are you? C: ♪D'ye ken John Peel far, far away... With his hounds and his horn in the morning...♪ V: We're nearly home. I found a milestone, we're just above Mountby. You can go on now. C: Walk

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

文本: C- Christopher Tietjens V- Valentine Wannop V: An old gentleman used to sit there called Gran'fer Finn. EveryTenterden market day, he sold fleed cakes from a basket to the carts going by. Tenterden market was abolished in 1845, done in by t

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

《他是我的一个朋友》一首60年代的老歌,原唱Bob Dylan,用于李安导演的电影《断背山》的片尾曲,乡村民谣超级巨星威利-尼尔森重新诠释在这部同性恋爱的电影中。我的朋友死去了,除了哭泣我还能做什么呢?细细品味歌词,就会明白失去最爱的人是人生的大悲 He was a fri

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

I feel the earth move under my feet I feel the sky tumbling down I feel my heart start to trembling Whenever you're around Oh baby When I see your face Mellow as the month of May Oh darling I cant stand it When you look at me that way I feel the eart

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 The Voice 美国好声音

Leonard Cohen的这首Dance Me To The End Of Love讲述了一个发生在纳粹集中营的故事,纳粹强迫乐师们在焚化炉前演奏音乐,惊恐痛苦的乐师演奏着欢乐的婚礼乐曲,一对对囚犯在音乐声中走向焚化炉。

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 舞曲狂欢

By Jim Malone Washington 15 April 2008 A new poll shows Senator Hillary Clinton maintaining a six-point lead over rival Barack Obama in advance of next Tuesday's presidential primary in Pennsylvania. The Democratic race is expected to continue throug

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(四月)

IN THE NEWS - Rains End Famine in Somalia, but Millions Remain at Risk This is IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. This week, the United Nations declared an official end to the famine in southern Somalia. Recent rains, an improved harvest and a major

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(二)月

Scientists Aim to End HIV Epidemic The HIV/AIDS epidemic is more than 30 years old. However, at the 19th International AIDS Conference Tuesday there was talk of ending the epidemic through scientific advances and public health policy. Dr. Anthony Fau

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(七月)

The U.S. space shuttle program comes to an end this year, and a debate is underway over what should replace it. The retirement of the shuttle fleet could result in massive job losses in Florida. Thousands of workers protest in Titusville, Florida ove

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(三月)

The Lacandon are direct descendants of the Maya peoples who live in the jungles of the Mexican state of Chiapas. Until the mid-20th century, they had little contact with the outside world. As a result, the indigenous group was almost extinct. Today

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(五月)

N. Korea to End Nuclear Tests for Food Aid The announcement came just a little more than two months after the death of the secretive communist state's supreme leader Kim Jong Il. U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton says that while there still are

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(二月)

Russia Aiming for WTO Membership by End of Year Russia has been trying to join the World Trade Organization since 1993. Now Russian officials are saying they hope to become a member by the end of this year. The 153-member World Trade Organization (WT

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十月)

A: Do you think we can go driving right now? B: Yeah, sure. Let's go. A: Buckle up. B: All right. Now what? A: Now you put the key in the ignition and start the car. B: Which direction should I take? A: Make a left on this next street. B: Tell me how

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-驾驶

ELISE HU, HOST: A woman in London gives birth to her first child just as the city is submerged in floodwaters from global warming. That's the opening of a slim debut novel by Megan Hunter. MEGAN HUNTER: Because of the magnitude of the disaster, they

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台11月

Comedian Larry Wilmore Reflects On End Of 'The Nightly Show' AUDIE CORNISH, HOST: Comedian Larry Wilmore hosts the final episode of The Nightly Show on Comedy Central tomorrow night. The show has been one of late night TV's boldest attempts to satiri

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

LULU GARCIA-NAVARRO, HOST: On this day 100 years ago, Allies of World War I and Germany laid down their arms. In this audio recording from 1975 of Army Air Corps pilot Fenton Caldwell, he remembers the exact moment. (SOUNDBITE OF ARCHIVED RECORDING)

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台11月

STEVE INSKEEP, HOST: Uber, the ride-hailing app, is in business with hundreds of virtual restaurants. These are restaurants that exist mainly online delivering food to your house via a service called Uber Eats. Uber says it is helping restaurants gro

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

By William Eagle Washington 19 October 2007 A new report shows sub-Saharan African countries are not likely to meet three of the Millennium Development Goals supported by the United Nations. They include cutting hunger and child malnutrition in half

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA常速英语(十月)

LOS ANGELES, Oct. 24 (Xinhua) -- A wizard boy is receding from the Realm of Wizardry at last as the Warner Bros. announced on Monday that it will put an end to the circulation of blockbuster franchise Harry Potter at the end of the year. The distribu

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(334) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

今天我们要学的词是referendum。 Referendum, 是全民公决的意思。纽约市长布隆伯格希望能竞选连任第三届市长,但是目前的规定是,市长最多只能连任两届。 A recent poll showed that 89 % of voters say t

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃