This is the VOA Special English Development Report. There are different ways to store fish. Two ways to keep fish for future use are canning and freezing. Two other methods are drying and smoking. Today we have the first of two reports describing, s

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(453) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(十二)月

Topics: Panama Canal; Famous Songs Fever; to squander versus to lavish versus to waste; self- conscious versus self- confident versus self-aware; as tough as they come Words: canal man-made explorer jungle proposal survey fraud locks feat pseudonym t

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Egyptian actor Hala Shiha left the film industry 10 years ago for a more religious life. She began to wear the traditional Muslim head cover, or hijab, along with loose clothes that covered most of her skin. Later, the Egyptian movie star was seen we

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(220) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(八)月

fax 传真 activity report (传真机)使用报告 Check the activity report to see if the fax went through. 查一下使用报告看看这份

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 商务英语必备1000字

Safe Place From The Storm In this crazy world You can prove that you can make it If you're strong enough to take it Still there will be times When you find this life you're livin' Is just takin' all your givin' When you need someone to run to The she

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(六月)

(He didn't involve, he was a three) Luisa Kroll and Alison Fass led a team of 30 Forbes reporters who ranked the world’s wealthiest for this week’s billionaire’s issue. “A billion just isn’t

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2006年

I have a lot of attacks to choice and I decided I'm going to get them more removed.How many do you have when you started? 16,17 year-old,that kind of combine,so one of my leg,one here,one there,one big my leg,were a bunch of crash on. And how great w

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2012年

Lesson 4 Black-lead 第四课 黑铅 What is the black-lead in your pencil made of? If you take a bit of the metal which we call lead, you will find that it is grey in colour, very heavy, and not at all like the black-lead in your pencil. But the lea

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英国学生科学读本

1. judge,裁判,评定,评价。 eg:You can't judge a book by its cover. 你不能根据封面来评价一本书。 2. all year round,一年到头。 eg:All year round we get new members of staff coming in.。 我们一年到头都有新进职员。

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 蒋健棠教你听英语广播

求职寒冬的些许火光,给求职的人点亮丝丝希望。不放弃~Weve noticed recently on Twitter that a lot of people are talking about having been laid off over the past couple of months. TechCrunch reports that there have been almost 80

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(167) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Are there any big malls where I can buy some brands near here? 这儿附近有没有能买到品牌服装的大型购物场所? Excuse me. Are there any big malls where I can buy some brands near here? 打扰了,这儿附近有没有能买到品牌

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语口语情景对话

One of the two kitchen light bulbs was out. It was circular and fluorescent. He placed a chair under the light. He stood on the chair. He unscrewed three screws. He removed the plastic cover. He removed the bad bulb. He inserted a new one. He screwed

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Lily walked into Macy's on 34th Street. She needed some Dior skin cream. She went over to the cosmetics section. All the employees were busy with customers. Lily stood there. After a few minutes, one employee came over to Lily. Hi, I'm Bev. I'll be w

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

A Crappy Nights Sleep 一晚没睡好 Do some deep breathing. 做一些深呼吸。 Breathing exercises can wake you up in away similar to exercise, says Bancroft. Bancroft说,呼吸练习唤醒你的原理和做运动差不多。 Try sticking your

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

Excuse me, what are items 1 and 5? 这第1和第5项是什么,能给我解释一下吗? The first item is the cover charge. You know that the main course was 7.8 dollars not 6.8 dollars, so item 5 is the difference. 可以,第1项是附加费。主

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语口语就该这么说

文本: ANYA: Jones,you identified this prison as Josef's destination.A man answering Josef's _(1)_ arrived here yesterday. JONES: The back-up is here now.Who's leading them?What's their role? ANYA: Captain Harrison is in command - ex Green Beret.H

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 小龟乐游记英语短文

Farmers, ranchers(1) and county officials(2) from Eastern Washington said a plan to manage(3) wolves as they are re-established in the state has good ideas but doesn't go far enough to cover their potential losses(4) or protect their property. Wolves

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

Stripped to the waist We fall into the river Cover your eyes So you dont know the secret Ive been trying to hide We held our breath To see our names are written On the wreck of 86 That was the year I knew the panic was over Yes since we found out Sin

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 The Voice 美国好声音

Idiom: Safety in numbers ( more people ensure the safety ) Hit the book: Fret Salvation Army Respondent Gulf Haves and have nots Disparity Skip Feast One in four Australians are worried about how they will cover Christmas expenses with a growing numb

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

If you apply for a job position with a foreign company, chances are you will be asked to provide an English cover letter along with your resume. 如果你申请一家外企的职位,那么你很有可能需要在提交简历的同时附上一封英文

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻