54 Growing Tomatoes I'll tell you how to grow tomatoes, Jerry,?said Mrs. Hawkins. First dig up an area in a sunny spot in your yard. Mix in manure or compost to enrich the soil.? When the danger of frost is past, which is about the first of April in

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(218) / 评论(0) 分类 背诵为王第一册

2007 考研英语长难句 3、If the study of law is beginning to establish itself as part and parcel of a general education, its aims and methods should appeal directly to journalism educators. 【分析】复合句。if引导条件状语从句,主

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语长难句讲解

196. You should lose weight. W: You should lose weight. M: Don't you think I am good enough? W: Look at your beer belly. M: I've added ten kilos recently. W: You really should lose weight. M: I'll do that this weekend. 197. You look much younger than

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 越说越地道英语

W: Hi, Robert. What happened to your face? It looks swollen. M: I had to go get a cavity filled today. W: Did it hurt? M: I don't even wanna talk about it. It killed me! W: How long were you in the chair? M: It took quite a while, but the worst part

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 想聊就聊

Language Points under pressure I am under a lot of pressure under one's breath They are talking under their breath in the movie theater. under a cloud She has been under a cloud of depression since her dog died. under the weather I'm feeling a bit un

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 爆笑英语口语

You can hear this... 你可以听这个 Can I pay with credit card? 我可以用信用卡支付吗? Would you please go to the Cashier Desk to pay your bill? 请您去收银台付款,好吗? What are these other charges? 这些其他费用是什么

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语口语就该这么说

娜奥米坎贝尔(Naomi Campbell),1970年5月22日出生于英国伦敦,全球最著名的模特,也是多宗伤害案的主角,她涉及的对象从管家、助理、警官到摄影师,不一而足。 2010年8月在荷兰海牙的联合国塞

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语名人堂

Accidents happen. We do our best to be careful and prevent bad things from happening, but most of us will eventually find ourselves in a situation where we or someone else needs help. Everyone should know what to do if an accident were to happen. Lea

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 人教高中英语高二

Judge by Appearances A standard criticism of sociological research is that it goes to great lengths to prove what most people with common sense already know. Without exactly taking sides for or against that criticism ,Iwant to describe a sociological

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野听说教程2

Now Your Turn SAMPLE DIALOG A: Youve worked as a consultant for a long time, so you know the company inside out. Im having cash problems. B: I see. If you want the company to grow, Im afraid you need to have more funds. Clearly you dont have the mone

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 3

IV. Speaking Out MODEL 1 I am having cash problems. Bill: Helen, you started this company only a year ago. If you want it to grow, Im afraid you need to do something about cash flow. Helen: Bill, although youve worked here only for a couple of months

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 3

18. It's not surprise that Jennifer Senior's insightful, provocative magazine cover story, I love my children, I hate my life. is arousing much chatternothing gets people talking like the suggestion that child rearing is anything less than a complete

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语长难句讲解

Let's have a_____. Many people would say when they are___ a get together. You may have a barbecue when_____ at the edge of woods or you may have it in your garden. It's easy and fun. You don't need a lot of_____. Barbecue set usually has a tray four

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 听听测测

《绝望主妇》原句: Of course, not everyone who reads this book feels guilt over the bad things they do. 单词词组讲解 Feel guilt over sth 对什么感到愧疚 发音讲解 Guilt over可以连读 Bad things 的d吞音 最后翻译:当然

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 小紫带你轻松学美剧

'Free College' Programs May Not Help Neediest Students The idea of free higher education is not a new one in some parts of the world. But the idea has only recently increased in popularity in the United States as the cost of attending colleges and un

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十)月

Here Comes Santa Claus here comes santa claus, here comes santa claus, right down santa claus lane. vixen, blitzen, all his reindeer pulling on the reins. bells are ringing, children singing, all is merry and bright. hang your stockings and say a pra

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 英文圣诞歌曲

Cover me 掩护我 I can't believe how much I hate 难以置信我内心的厌恶多么深重 Pressures of a new place roll my way 陌生环境带来的压力让我举步维艰 Jumpsuit, jumpsuit cover me 穿上穿上飞行员服将我包裹 Jumpsuit

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

1. Donald Rumsfeld says he'd never take part in a cover-up . The former Defense Secretary testified on Capitol Hill today, telling a House committee he had nothing to do with the military's response to the friendly fire death of one-time NFL player P

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2007

TIME Magazine Names Donald Trump Person of the Year 时代杂志命名唐纳德特朗普为年度人物 This is Whats Trending Today. Time magazine named Donald Trump its Person of the Year on Wednesday. The magazine called him President of the Divid

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

David跟Sandra聊天,说起自己以前有个同事,特别喜欢name-drop. David说, D: We would be in a meeting and she would say. Yesterday I was chatting with Tom. She meant Tom Solomon...our CEO. S: Basically she was trying to impress peopl

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语