President Obama is joining other world leaders in condemning todays suicide bomb attacks on the Moscow subway system, attacks that killed at least 38 people and injured dozens of others. Mr. Obama is calling the bombings heinous terrorist acts. He sp

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年NPR美国国家公共电台3月

HARI SREENIVASAN, PBS NEWSHOUR WEEKEEND ANCHOR: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has laid out his vision for the social network's future in a nearly 6,000-word manifesto he posted on Thursday. Called Building Global Community, Zuckerberg called for more

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈商业系列

A new study suggests that social media sites have created a new phenomenon known as Facebook depression. The American Academy of Pediatrics recently warned parents about the possible dangers of networking websites on their childrens mental health. Re

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 创新英语

雅思阅读文章中的信号词就好比是高速公路上的标识牌,见到了它们,就可以知道目的地距离自己的位置还有多远,需要直走,还是拐弯。考生应根据这些信 号词来判断应该采取精读.跳读或是

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思英语

唐顿庄园第一季第二集_5 [INT. DINING ROOM - EVENING] ROBERT, EARL OF GRANTHAM Have you been able to explore the village? ISOBEL CRAWLEY Indeed, I have. And I thought the hospital a great credit to your father's memory. But I'm afraid the goo

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 唐顿庄园第一季

PHILLIPS: She was only 15 years old. Why would she want to end her life? She said she was being bullied. And her teachers, even her parents, spoke up. But unfortunately that just wasn't enough. Now nine of her classmates stand charged for her suicide

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2010年(四)月

PHILLIPS: Now listen to this story. The high schooler succeeded. The grade schooler failed. Yes. Grade schooler. An eight-year-old boy in Houston said he couldn't stand the bullies anymore. So what did he do? He jumped out the second floor window of

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2010年(四)月

绝非儿戏:研究人员表示,我们与切身的、现实生活的恶作剧渐行渐远,正走进充斥着媒体炒作的笑话和网络无聊蠢事的世界。这是否意味着我们所熟知的愚人节的消亡呢? 尽管很多国家的恶

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 节日英语

China's education authorities have launched a campaign to curb school bullying. 为遏制校园欺凌,我国教育主管部门近日对此开展专项治理行动。 The campaign will last until December and targets elementary, middle and secondary

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

The British government is to launch a social media dictionary so parents can translate popular acronyms used by teenagers online. 英国政府将发布一部社交媒体用语词典,以帮助家长翻译青少年在网上使用的流行缩写词。

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

By early 1981 the Mac team had grown to about twenty, and Jobs decided that they should have bigger quarters. 到1981年初,Mac团队的规模已经扩展到了差不多20人,乔布斯觉得他们该有个更大的办公区了。 So he moved ever

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

Books and Arts; Book Review;Richard Holbrooke;Bullish and bullying; 文艺;书评;理查德霍尔布鲁克;风生水起,恃强凌弱; The Unquiet American: Richard Holbrooke in the World. Edited by Derek Chollet and Samantha Power. 《不

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人文艺系列

What's up, my man? You look pretty down. 怎么了,伙计,你看起来很低落呀 My mother in korea is working my last nerve, you know, Earl? 厄尔,我远在韩国的妈妈快让我精神崩溃了。 Well, uh, I didn't expect a back and fort

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 打工姐妹花第二季

We all have difficult people in our lives. You knowthe ones you dread talking to; the ones you try to avoid at all costs. They may be your ex-spouse, a co-worker, or a family member; they may be a bully, a control freak, passive-aggressive or someone

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Lanc?me, the luxury skincare brand owned by LOral, has been accused of bowing to Chinese political pressure after it dropped a Hong Kong singer from a local marketing campaign following an outcry in Chinese state media. 欧莱雅(LOral)旗下高端护肤

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

A UK study has claimed that only-children are more contented than those with siblings because they do not have to fight for their parents' attention。 澳大利亚《每日电讯报》14日报道称,英国一项研究发现,比起家有兄弟姐妹

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

You Should Be Aware Of These 10 Effects Of Social Media On You 警惕社交媒体的10个不良影响 Technology is a useful tool, but many people dont know how to use it properly which can easily become damaging. As much as you may love your Twitter

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Brits are among the most bullied workers in the world - with a staggering seven in ten having been picked on by bosses or colleagues, a new study found。 More than a third, 36 per cent, have been driven to tears by cruel jibes, while 10 per cent hav

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

常用英汉翻译技巧英汉两种语言在句法、词汇、修辞等方面均存在着很大的差异,因此在进行英汉互译时必然会遇到很多困难,需要有一定的翻译技巧作指导。常用的翻译技巧有增译法、省译

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口译

Russia and the West 俄罗斯和西方 Cold climate 关系变得冷淡 As relations with Europe and America freeze over, Vladimir Putin looks to China 随着与欧美关系的冻结,弗拉基米尔普京寄望于中国 WHEN Vladimir Putin plays hos

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列