Humour and charm are a surprisingly powerful combination as a means of ascent in life. 作为人生发迹的手段之一,幽默和魅力是一对效力惊人的组合。 I have met a number of entrepreneurs who have built fortunes on the back of th

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 四六级必读美文系列

The Effects of Bullying on Health 欺凌对心理健康的影响 From VOA Learning English, this is the Health Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语健康报道。 A popular expression goes, What does not kill us makes us stronger. But when it co

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(六)月

雅思阅读考试的各种题型中,四选一题型是一类正确率较低的题型,这种题型十分耗时,并且考查的形式也多种多样。很多学生反映做完这类题目后的整体感觉是:自己无法说出哪些题目是肯

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思英语

BROOKE BALDWIN, CNN CORRESPONDENT, (voice over): Shaneika Lewis is counting the days until her high school graduation. It's a day that almost didn't happen. She fell in with the wrong crowd and considered dropping out. SHANEIKA LEWIS, HIGH SCHOOL SEN

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2010年(四)月

PHILLIPS: A 28-year-old mother, she needed surgery to save her life, if red tape didn't kill her first. (BEGIN VIDEO CLIP) UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I offered it back to them and they said it's too late at this point. So I - I don't know where else to tur

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2010年(四)月

President Bush again blamed Russia for the week-long crisis in Georgia and called on Moscow to withdraw its combat troops. He spoke as Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice was in the Georgian capital, pushing for implementation of a French-brokered c

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年NPR美国国家公共电台八月

There's been another setback to US-sponsored peace talks in the Middle East. After a three-hour meeting, senior Palestinian leaders have decided that unless Israel halts Jewish construction in the occupied West Bank, Palestinians will withdraw from t

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

This is the VOA Special English Education Report. Today we have the last of three reports on bullying. Last week we shared some of your comments on this issue. Now, we talk to a researcher who presented a study this week at the Pediatric Academic Soc

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Katie and the Witchs trial The headteacher was speaking to the weekly assembly at Katies School. This will be an important day. It will be a proud moment for the school. The parents, teachers, the school governors, and, ah, yes, the children have all

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 Children’s Stories-儿童故事集

Topic1 School BullyingRecently, a bullying video clip goes viral on the internet. Let's have a listen first. (clip)In the video, a middle schoolboy is beaten up by at least 4 students. The bullies also put instant noodle bowl and water bucket on the

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

Hello, I am Naamua Delaney at the CNN Center in Atlanta, and here is a look at what's happening NOW IN THE NEWS. In Georgia, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has won an agreement on a cease-fire, and Russia is expected to sign a version of that d

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2008年(八)月

Nobody said it was easy for women at work. While feminism has come on leaps and bounds, there are still some issues that we need to address. Believe or not, there are loads of rights you have as a worker. There are certain things that you should neve

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Being fat is the most common reason children are bullied, and something needs to be done about it. 胖是致使孩子受欺负的最常见原因,对此,我们亟需做些什么。 That is the predominant view of thousands of adults from four diff

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

An amputee who was cruelly nicknamed 'peg-leg' by school bullies has conquered her insecurities to become a model. 英国有位截肢姑娘,她读书时经常被同学取笑、还有人给她起了个外号木桩腿。 如今,她已经成功战胜各

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

作文话题:The best way to teach is to praise positive actions and ignore negative ones. The recommendation presents a view that I would agree is successful most of the time, but one that I cannot fully support due to the all or nothing impressio

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 GRE作文

这是个信息大爆炸的时代,为了紧随时尚的步伐,在这个大时代里的我们一不小心就成了低头族。吃饭、走路、睡觉、坐公交、挤地铁离不开手机。几天不玩手机不上网,和别人聊天时就会发

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

Finance and economics: Inequality in Japan The secure v the poor 财经:日本社会的不平等,稳定工作者与穷人 The problem is not the super-rich. 问题不在于巨富之人。 IN THOMAS PIKETTY'S bestseller, Capital in the Twenty-Firs

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人财经系列

作文话题:The best way to teach is to praise positive actions and ignore negative ones. The recommendation presents a view that I would agree is successful most of the time, but one that I cannot fully support due to the all or nothing impressio

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 GRE作文

It's so..you know there are so many bullies,and it goes on so much 现在有很多恃强凌弱者 这种事情经常发生 and you know I think that, you should,especially if you are like a bystander. 我觉得,有些人应该, 特别是如果你就

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 艾伦脱口秀

and that for most people those two things are connected.So you don't even think about it,right 对很多人来说 这两部分是结合在一起的 无需再考虑其它 是的 You just assume if you are a boy,you feel like,you are supposed to feel l

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 艾伦脱口秀