First lady Michelle Obama has some advice for some Tennessee high school graduates: Strike your own path in college and life and work to overcome inevitable failures with determination and grit. 美国第一夫人米歇尔奥巴马5月18日向高中毕

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 英语演讲稿

From a Small Town to the Top of the World: What Shaped Melania Trump LJUBLJANA Former model Melania Trump will soon become the first foreign-born woman to be first lady of the United States in almost 200 years. Before the election campaign, many Amer

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(315) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(十二月)

This is AP News Minute. Brett Kavanaugh made his way to Capitol Hill on Thursday morning ahead of what promises to be high drama. A hearing in which Senators will listen to a woman accuse the Supreme Court nominee of sexually assaulting her, then wei

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2018(十)月

Its that time again, when publishers reveal the word or words that they believe encapsulate the year. As many readers will know from previous years, we like to base our word on what our millions of users worldwide have been looking up over the course

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 走进剑桥大学

Hey, Im Carl Azuz. Today on CNN Student News, were talking about elections in Tunisia, the price tag on political uprising and a push to fight bullying. Were starting with the recovery efforts in Turkey. Thousands of emergency workers are in the nati

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2011年(十)月

本单元是关于老朋友的电话的对话 Tim: Hello? Janet: It's Janet Hall here. Tim: Janet! How did you get my number? Janet: Oh, a bit of detective work and a chat with a lovely gal in the Human Resources department. Tim: Well, I'm glad you called. I've go

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 公寓伙伴

All couples argue at some point in their relationship. and many experts believe that actually a good thing. But how you argue and what you argue about could make the difference between building a healthy relationship and one that's headed for divorc

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2015年

President Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton each released video messages this week on the problem of bullying. Both messages centered on abusive behavior toward homosexuals. BARACK OBAMA: Like all of you, I was shocked and saddened by the

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(十)月

Andrea: Hello, Im Andrea Rose and youre listening to bbclearningenglish.com. In Entertainment today we catch up with Bollywood actress, Shilpa Shetty, who is starring in the film, Life in aMetro, which has just been released. Shilpa Shetty started he

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 Entertainment

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlights Listener Mail Program. Im Ryan Geertsma. Voice 2 And Im Liz Waid. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 Todays Spo

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

校园霸凌,似乎我们都不陌生,甚至比我们想象的更加严重。它几乎存在于世界上所有国家和地区,存在于每一所学校里。在本期banana hot talk里,胸有大爱、心系天下的banana们严肃讨论了关于

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 中国传媒大学英语电台

Andrea: Hello, Im Andrea Rose and youre listening to bbclearningenglish.com. In Entertainment today we catch up with Bollywood actress, Shilpa Shetty, who is starring in the film, Life in aMetro, which has just been released. Shilpa Shetty started he

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听和读

Earlier this week Sir Elton John expressed anxieties about how his young son, Zachary, might be treated when he goes to school. 本周早些时候,艾尔顿约翰爵士坦言自己对儿子扎卡里的担心, He fears he might face bullying becau

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

World Suicide Prevention Day (WSPD) is a day we should all put on our calendars. It highlights a huge but often ignored problem in our society. Every year thousands of people take their own lives. Around 3,000 people a day commit suicide. Another 60,

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 世界节假日博览

IV. Speaking Out Model 1 Bye-bye, bully! Se-Jin: john, do you mind if I ask you something? John: No, what is it? Se-Jin: you seem nervous. Is that big guy still bullying you? John: Yeah. Today he wanted me to give him some money. He even pushed me wh

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 2

And because maybe I can make a difference. To help others have an easier and more hopeful time. 也因为,可能我能有一些影响,能给他人以希望。 Regardless, for me, I feel a personal obligation and a social responsibility. 不管怎样

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 欧美名人演讲

At the week-long conference, participants are focusing on three primary roadblocks to getting and keeping girls in school: violence, poverty and the poor quality of education. Scholars, aid workers, and government officials from 22 countries are in D

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(五)月

A rebel group in Ethiopia's arid Somali region has issued an urgent appeal for humanitarian assistance, accusing the government of blocking aid deliveries. The Ogaden National Liberation Front (ONLF) insurgent group says people and livestock are dyin

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(三月)

China targets school bullying China's education authorities have launched a campaign to curb school bullying. The campaign will last until December and targets elementary, middle and secondary vocational schools nationwide. The campaign will focus on

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

Topic1 Mask show at Beijing Marathon prompts calls for smog warning systemBeijing's annual international marathon has been held as scheduled over the weekend, despite the city being engulfed by heavy smog, which saw a great number of runners wearing

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议