越来越多的人习惯于用电脑记录,而不是用手写字这种方式来记录,每当我们提起笔来的时候,手便不听使唤一样,变得很僵硬 Harp: I remember having to write so many notes, and having a callous where you wo

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

今天这期讨论的是旅行中的故事 This episode were all here sharing our favourite stories from some of our journeys abroad. Andrew talks about an interesting place he visited outside Berlin, Harp tells us about her search for tigers, and Ma

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

为了看演唱会或者篮球赛,你会从黄牛党手里买票吗? Andrew: But, lets say you wanted to watch the Super Bowl or some major, major sporting event. Then you could be paying up to half a million dollars for a box seat. Harp: Wow! My

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

今天讨论的话题是读书..... Harp: Pretty good. Im a little bit tired right now because I just came back from a work trip. Andrew: A work trip? Like a business trip? Harp: Yup. I was on a business trip to our Portland, Maine, office. Andrew: P

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

加拿大冬天下那么大的雪,人们是怎么出行的呢,小孩子又有什么新的游戏呢 Sample transcript Harp: You know something funny that I saw one day in the winter last year, I saw a woman with a stroller and it had skis on it. M

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

杰西和哈皮在讨论购物的事情,两人聊得真欢 Jessie: Well, today were going to be talking about a subject that I know youll enjoy, and that is shopping. Harp: Oh, I love shopping! Jessie: So, today were gonna talk about a few differen

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

男女开始约会前,他们一般会选择去哪些场所,目的毫无疑问啦,就是找合适的约会对象.....听听他们怎么说 Harp: So today were doing a Chatterbox episode, and thats where we chat. We talk about different topics. S

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

Maura: So, you can say that youre going to give a talk. Thats one way of talking about public speaking. Another verb that you could use, another expression, is to make a speech. Harp: Yes. To make a speech. To give a speech and to make a speechits th

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

在加拿大工作假期是怎么安排的呢,他们的假期什么开始呢 Maura: What about vacation time? Harp: Well, unlike our European listeners, we only get 2 weeks of holidays as a general rule in Canada. Maura: Right, but thats only when

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

Parties can be thrown at any time of the year in North America, but they are especially common over the holidays. At this time of the year, there are all kinds of gatherings with family, friends, and colleagues. In this episode, Harp and Maura talk a

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

Valentines Day happens every year on February the 14th. And love is in the air! Or is it? In this episode, Harp and Maura talk about Valentines Day and all the traditions and debates that go with it. Some people love Valentines Day and others dread i

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

We were all kids once! But depending on where you live in the world, this can be quite a different experience. In this episode, Harp and Maura talk about the stuff that Canadian kids have to do, like chores, and the stuff that kids mostly want do, li

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

PSALM 92 1It is good to praise the Lord and make music to your name, O Most High, 2to proclaim your love in the morning and your faithfulness at night, 3to the music of the ten-stringed lyre and the melody of the harp. 4For you make me glad by your d

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 诗篇

PSALM 33 1Sing joyfully to the Lord , you righteous; it is fitting for the upright to praise him. 2Praise the Lord with the harp; make music to him on the ten-stringed lyre. 3Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy. 4For the word o

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 诗篇

哈皮请来了西娜,西娜的妈妈曾经是珠宝设计师,她因此而对珠宝设计感兴趣。长大后在日本留学,同时也从事珠宝设计。 Sheena: Sure. My names Sheena. Im from the east coast of Canada, a place called Nova Sc

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(541) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

加拿大最常见的食物是什么,乳酪肉汁薯条? Sample transcript Harp: Yeah, and were also going to talk about comfort food. Maura: Yeah, so potlucks and comfort food, but first were going to talk about Canadian food. Harp: Exactly, but

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(141) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

So the hall was built, and the king made a great feast for his warriors. 于是国王建造大殿,为他的勇士设摆盛筵。 To each of them he gave a ring of gold, because they had fought so bravely. 他送给他们每人一枚金戒指,因为

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材4

Wait a little, my Sigurd. You are still only a boy. 等一等,我的西格德,你还只是个孩子。 Your father was a hero. Much there is for you to learn before you can wear his sword! 你父亲是个英雄。在你能佩带他的剑之前,还

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材4

Sample transcript Maura: In this episode we are continuing on the theme of university life and Harp, give us a little introduction on your university and college days. Harp: Ok, so mine was different from yours in that I went to a 2-year community co

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

歌词如下: Balloons can fly.I wonder why They haven't any wings! I'd like to know how far they'd go, If we should break their strings! Some like them red,while some,instead Prefer them green or blue. But I just find that any kind is good enough, D

发表于:2019-03-16 / 阅读(274) / 评论(0) 分类 英语儿歌274首