Speaking Sparkles (3) Chevy Chase: Good evening, Hollywood 1) phonies. Billy Crystal: Welcome to the Oscars, or as it's known tonight, 2)

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(128) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语2003年

The Debt of the Artist by Dimitri Mitropoulos Very early in my life, an important event took place: in my impressionable and youthful years, I discovered the personality of St. Francis. Since that time, my main ambition has been canalized into a stro

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 英语励志美文精华

4 Trees 树 Joyce Kilmer 乔埃斯基尔默 I think that I shall never see A poem lovely as a tree; A tree whose hungry mouth is prest(1) Against the earths sweet flowing breast(2); A tree that looks at God all day, And lifts her leafy arms(3) to pra

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之商务英语

IN THE NEWS - Investigative Reporting, Coverage of Katrina Earn Pulitzer Prizes for U.S. NewspapersBy Nancy Steinbach Broadcast: Saturday, April 22, 2006 I'm Steve Ember with IN THE NEWS in VOA Specia

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(四)月

Chinese billionaires account for almost a quarter of the world's billionaires, according to business magazine Forbes. 近日,据商业杂志《福布斯》透露,华人亿万富翁的人数占全球亿万富翁总人数的近四分之一。 Wang

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Science and Technology 科技 Sexual Attractiveness: My chemical romance 性感吸引:我的化学浪漫 Two putative human sex pheromones turn out not to be. 关于人类的两种性信息素的假说被证明是不成立的. For several decades b

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

Trees I think that I shall never see A poem lovely as a tree; A tree whose hungry mouth is prest Against the earth's sweet flowing breast; A tree that looks at God all day, And lifts her leafy arms to pray; A tree that may in Summer wear A nest of ro

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

The producer of this month's Emmy Awards says Robin Williams will receive a meaningful remembrance during the ceremony. 艾美奖制作人本月宣布将会为罗宾?威廉姆斯设置一个有意义的生平纪念环节。 Producer Don Mischer said

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Stupid Cupid-mandy moore Stupid Cupid You're a real mean guy 愚蠢的丘比特,你真是个小气的家伙 I'd like to clip your wings So you can't fly 我想把你的翅膀剪了这样你就不能飞了 I am in love and it's a crying shame 我坠入

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Steve Mirsky. Got a minute? Robin Williams thought that the platypus was cobbled together by an inebriated deity: Lets take a beaver. Lets put on a ducks bill. Now we know how weird the platypus is

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(五)月

HEALTH REPORT - Thousands of Workers at Ground Zero Still Suffer Lung ProblemsBy Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 This is the VOA Special English Health Report. Rescue efforts a

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(145) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(九)月

说明:这是一封对报纸上的招聘广告的回信。 Attn: Robin Boyd, Human Resources Re: Director for Patient Financial Services Dear Mrs. Boyd: I was very interested to see your advertisement for a Director of Patient Financial Services in

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Leading Chinese search engine Baidu could go out of business if it doesn't move quickly to regain users' trust after a scandal around health care advertising, CEO Li Yanhong told his staff in an email. 百度公司的CEO李彦宏在其致公司员工的

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

WEDEN, Germany, Feb. 7 (Xinhua) -- Pre-tournament favorites Germany overcame China 3-1 in their first match of the women's ice hockey qualification tournament of 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi. Winning the shots 16-6, eighth-ranked Germany opened the

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Man United hands nine-man Chelsea first league defeat of season LONDON, Oct. 28 (Xinhua) -- European champions Chelsea were hit by two red cards in an intensely contested match and defeated by Manchester United 3-2 at Stamford Bridge on Sunday. The v

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Women are 'genetically programmed to have affairs' 女性天生有出轨基因 Women are predisposed by their genetics to have affairs as back-up plans' if their relationships fail, according to a research paper. 研究结果表明,如果恋爱或者

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

LONDON, Nov. 7 (Xinhua) -- Roger Federer, the six-time titlist at the ATP World Tour Finals, received two 2012 ATP World Tour Awards here on Wednesday. ATP Executive Chairman and President Brad Drewett presented the Swiss superstar with the awards fo

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

And I don't know this lady,like I've never met her before and I don't know this kid. 我不认识这位女士 我之前从没见过他 我也不认识这孩子 It's just him and me.Like I kind of want to leave but at the same time it's like I now hav

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 柯南脱口秀

Don't do anything stupid. 别做傻事 I had the foresight to collar up a particularly inquisitive blonde. 我很有预见性地给一金发妞戴了项圈,她好奇心太重了 I assume she's a friend of yours. 猜你是她朋友 Touch one hair on

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 绿箭侠第一季

A little before nine o'clock on Tuesday night, Antonio Gutirrez found himself facing a welcome dilemma. Might he, a waitress asked, have room for a second helping of pudding? 1日晚上快9点时,一位女服员询问安东尼奥.古铁雷斯还需要

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语