The other thing you need to know about shame is it's absolutely organized by gender. 关于羞耻还需要知道的另一件事,就是它是完全被性别所导向的。 If shame washes over me and washes over Chris, it's going to feel the same. 当

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

UN Report: Young Girls Still Face Gender Inequality 联合国:女孩仍面临性别不平等 A new United Nations report says a lack of education for girls in developing countries may be partly to blame for a rise in poverty worldwide. 联合国新报告

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(130) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Films Explore Gender Relations in Traditional Societies 电影探索传统社会的性别关系 Two new independent films, one by Afghan director Atiq Rahimi, and another by the first female Saudi filmmaker Haifaa al-Mansour, explore gender relations

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(十)月

Arguments over whether women should be allowed to wear trousers might seem like a relic of the 20th century. 有关女性能否穿裤子的争论像是20世纪的遗留问题。 But even in 2015, the battle for sartorial sexual equality rages on, not

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Remember that they are about much more than performance alone. 请大家牢记,奥运会不仅仅意味着比赛成绩。 They are about the peaceful gathering of 204 National Olympic Committees-regardless of ethnic origin, gender, religions or pol

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 历史英雄名人演讲

I went back to Mark and said that I couldn't accept, but I prefaced it by telling him, 我又回去找扎克伯格,告诉他我也许不能接受这份工作,但开场白是这样的: Of course you realize that you're hiring me to run your deal

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 向前一步

There are a lot of factors that go into choosing a baby name. It could be a fandom thing, such as with the babies named Anakin or the children named after Game of Thrones characters. 给小宝宝起名字有诸多影响因素。给孩子取名阿纳金

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英美文化

Job 职业 What do you do for a living? 你的职业是什么? Everybody has a job. 每个人都有职业。 What kinds of jobs are there? 那么都有哪些类型的职业呢? There are teachers, doctors, cooks, lawyers, writers, bankers, actors

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 与美国小学生一起学英文第2册

Hollywood Works to Eliminate Gender Pay Gap 好莱坞致力于消除性别工资差距 When actors receive their Academy Award known as the Oscar they often thank their producer, director, family members and even their agent. Last February, Patricia

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

[Verse 1:] I wish I could turn my body inside out So you could see every piece of me My heart can't contain this, my mouth don't explain it It ain't enough to tell you what I mean There's only so many words I could use to tell you what you do to me U

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 节奏布鲁斯

We have to stop. 我们必须停止。 And when I was putting this together, people said to me, 当我这么说的时候,一些人回复我说: Well, that's never going to happen. And I said, Oh really? 好吧,但那绝不可能发生。然后我

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

I got to Vassar which 43 years ago was a single-sex institution, like all the colleges in what they call the Seven Sisters, the female Ivy League and I made some very quick but lifelong and challenging friends. And with their help outside of any comp

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

今天我们要学的词是stereotype。 Stereotype, 有成见的意思。 Stereotypes based on gender, race and age are all wrong, 基于性别、种族和年龄的成见都是错误的。美国最近的好几项研究都显示,老年人其实要比

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

A new gender neutral title 'Mx' is to join the honorifics 'Mr, Mrs, Miss and Ms' on driving licences and other official documents, the first change to officially recognised titles in decades. 一个新中性性别称呼Mx将要加入先生(Mr),夫人

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

In an Australian first, the Victorian government last Friday announced it would trial an 18-month program to strike out an applicant's name, gender, age and location from their resume. 作为澳大利亚第一个试行相关措施的地区,上周五,

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

The Shanghai Educational Publishing House last Wednesday launched China's first gender textbook designed specifically for male students in primary school. 上海教育出版社于上周三推出了国内首本为小学男生量身定制的性别教育教

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

The Olympic torch has arrived in Rio de Janeiro by boat, after three-month tour of Brazilian cities. The Mayor of Rio Eduardo Paes carried the torch on its few laps, but there were chaotic scenes later when the torch relay was challenged by demonstra

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻

模仿句子:At issue, a White House directive earlier this month that all students be allowed to use the toilet that matches their gender identity rather than their sex at birth. 本月初(5月)白宫下达的一条指示饱受争议:所有学

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

与男人的语言相比,女人的语言至少有下列特点: 女人喜欢使用第一人称复数(我们)形式,比如We need(我们需要),而男人喜欢使用第一人称单数(我),比如I want(我想要)。 女人喜欢使用平易、通

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

and that for most people those two things are connected.So you don't even think about it,right 对很多人来说 这两部分是结合在一起的 无需再考虑其它 是的 You just assume if you are a boy,you feel like,you are supposed to feel l

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 艾伦脱口秀