艾曼穆罕默德是加沙地带少有的几个女性摄影记者。虽然遭到了她的很多男性同事的公开反对,她前所未有地被允许进入到男人无法进入的区域。在这个简短而有视觉冲击的演讲中,她通过展

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(312) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲集:2014创意的一年

Aspirin Therapy Found to Treat the Sexes Differently 阿司匹林治疗应根据性别差异采用不同方法 For years, doctors have been advising many patients to take a daily, low-dose aspirin to

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(131) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(上)--环境科学探索

Census 人口调查 Do you know what a census is? 你知道什么是人口调查吗? It is an official survey of a country to learn about people living in the country. 它是一个国家用来了解人民生活的官方调查。 In the United State

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 与美国小学生一起学英文第12册

中外礼仪不同的很大一部分是见面时候的礼仪。 中国人常握手;外国人常拥抱,有时候还要贴面礼。而商务场合和朋友聚会的时候又有很大的不同,男女之间的见面礼仪也让人摸不着头脑,我

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀

What about the other side of this contrast? Sexual orientation. 我们接着谈另一个问题:性的取向。 I have a certain sexual orientation. 我有着某种性取向。 What is that? 它是什么呢? I'm attracted to people of a particular

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 欧美名人演讲

I learned something today, she said. 我今天学到了一些东西。她说。 What? I asked, feeling good, as I figured she was about to tell me how my words had touched her. 我感觉良好地问她学到了什么,以为她会称赞我的讲话有

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 向前一步

Compounding the problem is a social-psychological phenomenon called stereotype threat. 把问题往复杂了说,这就是成见威胁。 Social scientists have observed that when members of a group are made aware of a negative stereotype, 社会科学

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 向前一步

Girl Soccer Player Faces Gender Rule in Argentina She wears loose, white team clothing from Huracn de Chabas, her hometown, a little less than 400 kilometers north of the capital, Buenos Aires. Her player number is four. She uses white shoes and leg

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(九)月

根据媒体研究者约翰娜布莱克利,媒体和广告公司还使用以前旧的统计来了解观众,但是人们在网上变得越来越难以追踪。随着社交传媒取代传统媒体,女性用户多于男性用户的事实,布莱克

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(158) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:告女性说

Hillary Clintons concession speech 2016 CLINTON: Thank you. Thank you all. Thank you. 希拉里:谢谢,谢谢你们!谢谢! Thank you all very much. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you so much. 谢谢,非常感谢你们!谢谢! Very rowdy g

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 英语演讲稿

AS IT IS 2015-06-01 Poverty, Gender Inequality Force Girls Into Marriage 贫穷及性别不平等问题迫使女孩步入婚姻殿堂 The public in Russia and beyond has expressed shock at the recent marriage of a Chechen girl to a man who is 30 year

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(六)月

AS IT IS 2016-05-17 US: Let Transgender Students Choose Restroom 美国:变性学生可自主选择厕所 The United States government says transgender students have a right to use restrooms that agree with their chosen sexual identity. 美国政府称

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(五)月

江山易改,本性能移 Transsexuality is an interesting, if baffling, subject for most people. It is often confused with transvestitism, even though the two are distinctly different. Transvestites feel a compulsion to dress in clothing that is c

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: The policy that we wrote 10 years ago was inspired by a family with a transgender first grader. The policy is actually pretty simple, that our transgender students can access all facilities based

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

社交网络 台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: Social media users of both genders report higher feelings of social support and are more aware of the resources available in their network. 两种性别的社群媒体使用者都表示

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

MARLIN:Wait,wait,wait.I have definitely(清楚的/明确的) seen this floating speck(小斑点/灰尘) before.That means weve passed it before,and that means were going in circles and that means were not going straight! DORY:Hey,hey! MARLIN:

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

And indeed it was 225 years ago today that the Constitutional Convention opened in Philadelphia and our founders. 的确如此225年前的今天费城召开了制宪大会 Citizens all began crafting an extraordinary document Yes, it had its flaws. 我

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

MARLIN:Wait,wait,wait.I have definitely(清楚的/明确的) seen this floating speck(小斑点/灰尘) before.That means weve passed it before,and that means were going in circles and that means were not going straight! DORY:Hey,hey! MARLIN:

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: When researchers uncover a skeleton, some of the first clues they gather, like age and gender, lie in its morphology, which is the structure, appearance, and size of a skeleton. 当学者们发现一

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

今天我们要学的词是 roll back. To roll back 有退回,取消的意思。North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper signed legislation to roll back a year-old law that requested transgender people to use the public restrooms corresponding to their b

发表于:2019-03-07 / 阅读(180) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃