历史英雄名人演讲 第49期:北京奥运开幕式致辞(2)
时间:2018-12-30 作者:英语课 分类:历史英雄名人演讲
英语课
Remember that they are about much more than performance alone.
请大家牢记,奥运会不仅仅意味着比赛成绩。
They are about the peaceful gathering 1 of 204 National Olympic Committees-regardless of ethnic 2 origin, gender 3, religions or political system.
奥运会还是和平的聚会。204个国家和地区奥委会相聚于此,跨越了民族、性别、宗教以及政治制度的界限。
Please compete in the spirit of Olympic values: excellence,friendship and respect.
请大家本着奥林匹克的价值和精神,即卓越、友谊和尊重,投身于比赛。
Dear athletes, remember that you are role models for the Youth of the World Reject doping and cheating.
亲爱的运动员们,请记住,你们是世界青年的楷模,请拒绝兴奋剂,向作弊说不。
Make us proud of your achievements and your conduct.
你们的成就和表现应该让我们感到骄傲。
As we bring the Olympic dream to life, our warm thanks go to the Beijing Organizing Committee for their tireless work. Our special thanks also go to the thousands of gracious volunteers, without whom none of this would be possible.
当我们把奥林匹克梦想变成现实之时,我们要诚挚地感谢北京奥组委,感谢他们不辞劳苦的工作。我们还要特别感谢成千上万、无私奉献的志愿者们,没有他们,这一切都不可能实现。
Beijing, you are a host to the present and a gateway 4 to the future. Thank you!
北京,你是今天的主人,也是通往明天的大门。感谢你!
I now have the honour of asking the President of the People's Republic of China to open the Games of the XXIX Olympiad of the modern era.
现在,我荣幸地邀请中华人民共和国主席先生宣布第29届现代奥林匹克运动会开幕。
n.集会,聚会,聚集
- He called on Mr. White to speak at the gathering.他请怀特先生在集会上讲话。
- He is on the wing gathering material for his novels.他正忙于为他的小说收集资料。
adj.人种的,种族的,异教徒的
- This music would sound more ethnic if you played it in steel drums.如果你用钢鼓演奏,这首乐曲将更具民族特色。
- The plan is likely only to aggravate ethnic frictions.这一方案很有可能只会加剧种族冲突。
n.(生理上的)性,(名词、代词等的)性
- French differs from English in having gender for all nouns.法语不同于英语,所有的名词都有性。
- Women are sometimes denied opportunities solely because of their gender.妇女有时仅仅因为性别而无法获得种种机会。
标签:
历史英雄